How much is several?

Old 27-10-2006, 03:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How much is several?

Instructions on my ear drops say leave in ear for several minutes.

I guess a couple is 2
A few would be 3 or 4
I guess several would be 5 or 6
Old 27-10-2006, 03:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry wrote:
Instructions on my ear drops say leave in ear for several minutes.

I guess a couple is 2
A few would be 3 or 4
I guess several would be 5 or 6

Oh for God's sake it isn't rocket science. What some people will worry
about. LOL

Old 27-10-2006, 05:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry" wrote in message
Instructions on my ear drops say leave in ear for several minutes.

I guess a couple is 2
A few would be 3 or 4
I guess several would be 5 or 6

I think several is more than two and less than five.

According to my highly accurate scientific formula.

8*/

Old 27-10-2006, 06:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Ohh, yeah...

1 = one
2 = 2 or "a couple of"
3 or 4 = a few
5 = 5

5 = "a handful"

6 = 6 or 'half-dozen'
7 - 9 several
10 ten

12 = a dozen

Old 28-10-2006, 01:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 00:26:25 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"Terry" wrote in message
.. .
Instructions on my ear drops say leave in ear for several minutes.

I guess a couple is 2
A few would be 3 or 4
I guess several would be 5 or 6

I think several is more than two and less than five.

According to my highly accurate scientific formula.

A few and several are synonyms. Alternate meaning: To taste.

--
See return address to reply by email
Old 28-10-2006, 03:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

denise~* wrote:
wrote:

Ohh, yeah...

1 = one
2 = 2 or "a couple of"
3 or 4 = a few
5 = 5

5 = "a handful"

Actually the universally accepted handful is a "B" cup.

Sheldon

Old 28-10-2006, 07:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry wrote:
Instructions on my ear drops say leave in ear for several minutes.

I guess a couple is 2
A few would be 3 or 4
I guess several would be 5 or 6

Why don't you ask your doctor or pharmacist?!!!

Old 29-10-2006, 12:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.

Terry wrote:
Instructions on my ear drops say leave in ear for several minutes.

I guess a couple is 2
A few would be 3 or 4
I guess several would be 5 or 6

More than three. A few is three.

-L.

Old 29-10-2006, 01:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

-L. said...

Terry wrote:
Instructions on my ear drops say leave in ear for several minutes.

I guess a couple is 2
A few would be 3 or 4
I guess several would be 5 or 6

More than three. A few is three.

-L.

What a bunch of dunces!!!

Two's a couple!!! three's a croud!!! A handful is five, so OBVIOUSLY
several is FOUR!

Ya BUMS!!!

Andy