j*ni p.

Default Eureka! (Was Wahhh! I burned my stew!)

Hark! I heard (j*ni) say:

<snip burnt stew story>

> But I'm pretty tenacious (and I really want some stew), so I'm
> going to try again on Sunday. This time I'm going to start the
> meat and gravy in my cast iron "chicken fryer", then transfer it
> to my big crock pot when it's time to add the veggies. That way,
> the stew can simmer all day and won't burn! I dunno if I should
> try to make dumplings that way though.
>
> I can't wait until my new 7 quart Lodge dutch oven gets he

http://tinyurl.com/n7i8

Okay, I didn't get around to making the stew until yesterday;
I wanted to wait until I got the new toy all seasoned (and
yes, Jack, I did it myself. You were right, it's not that
hard). The stew turned out GREAT! Small Child went crazy for
Dimitri's dumplings, although Hubby still says he doesn't
like them (very weird man). I'm having the leftovers for
lunch today. Thanks again, Dimitri... :-)

--
j*ni p. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

Eureka sf[_9_] General Cooking 40 04-10-2013 09:40 PM
Eureka - I found it! sf[_9_] General Cooking 4 10-04-2013 02:05 AM
Eureka! sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 19-07-2010 08:29 PM
A Eureka Moment. Ken Davey General Cooking 29 08-06-2005 04:23 PM