Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My Herbie's Delivery

I did an audit on the herbs and spices at the weekend, looking for stuff
that was running low or well past its use buy date. Then I hit the
Herbie's website. Today (Tuesday), for goodness sake, the package
arrived! There's old fashioned efficiency for you.

Ground allspice 30g

Guacamole spice mix 25g
onion, garlic, cumin, red & green bell peppers, salt, amchur, lemon,
pepper, lemon myrtle, chili, oregano
Mix with one mashed large avocado and a little sour cream - thought I'd
give it a go.

Ockkah (Aussie Dukkah) 50g
Yes, really! Hazelnut, sesame, coriander seed, pistachio, akudjura,
wattleseed, cumin, salt, native pepperberry.
Again, thought I'd see what it was like.

Oregano 15g

Paprika smoked sweet 30g

Iranian whole stigma saffron 0.5g
This is the medium priced stuff, at $4.95 for 0.5g work it out for
yourself! But a little goes a long way.

Black peppercorns (Sumatran) 100g

Star anise whole 15g

Ground sumac 45g

Food grade muslin - 1 metre x 88cm
I'm in the habit of using Chux Superwipes for infusion bags, but I'm not
sure that it's really a good idea, so when I saw this in the catalogue I
couldn't resist. Only $2.00 for a lifetime supply (it washes), with no
GST apparently.

Ah, the joys of shopping.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Old Mother Ashby wrote:
> I did an audit on the herbs and spices at the weekend, looking for stuff
> that was running low or well past its use buy date. Then I hit the
> Herbie's website. Today (Tuesday), for goodness sake, the package
> arrived! There's old fashioned efficiency for you.
>
> Ground allspice 30g
>
> Guacamole spice mix 25g
> onion, garlic, cumin, red & green bell peppers, salt, amchur, lemon,
> pepper, lemon myrtle, chili, oregano
> Mix with one mashed large avocado and a little sour cream - thought I'd
> give it a go.
>
> Ockkah (Aussie Dukkah) 50g
> Yes, really! Hazelnut, sesame, coriander seed, pistachio, akudjura,
> wattleseed, cumin, salt, native pepperberry.
> Again, thought I'd see what it was like.
>
> Oregano 15g
>
> Paprika smoked sweet 30g
>
> Iranian whole stigma saffron 0.5g
> This is the medium priced stuff, at $4.95 for 0.5g work it out for
> yourself! But a little goes a long way.
>
> Black peppercorns (Sumatran) 100g
>
> Star anise whole 15g
>
> Ground sumac 45g
>
> Food grade muslin - 1 metre x 88cm
> I'm in the habit of using Chux Superwipes for infusion bags, but I'm not
> sure that it's really a good idea, so when I saw this in the catalogue I
> couldn't resist. Only $2.00 for a lifetime supply (it washes), with no
> GST apparently.
>
> Ah, the joys of shopping.
>
> Christine

Christine, that sounds like a very comprehensive order! I've used
Herbie's in the past mostly for dried chilies American style. Their
online gift vouchers make great presents thru the Ozevillage website.
That muslin has got my interest and the saffron - I'm right out of that
at the moment.

Cheers
Bronwyn
Gold Coast