Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Brunch today

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 10:37:20 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> wrote:

>http://www.saucemagazine.com/melange/menu.htm

Oh my goodness, that restaurant sounds fabulous. (It's only about 5000
miles away though.) My mouth is watering as is my SO's.

I also noticed that they must be fairly cosmopolitan because they used
words like "sashimi grade ahi"- which is a technical term here in
Hawaii, meaning you are getting the best grade of ahi, and then
"lumpia" something or other. Cool...They seem to have a Pacific Asian
flair.

Even the Beggar's Purse looked so yummy. Oh thank you for the fun!

aloha,
beans
--smithfarms.com
farmers of pure kona
roast beans to kona to email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 10:37:20 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> > wrote:

http://www.saucemagazine.com/melange/menu.htm

> Oh my goodness, that restaurant sounds fabulous. (It's only about 5000
> miles away though.) My mouth is watering as is my SO's.
>
> I also noticed that they must be fairly cosmopolitan because they used
> words like "sashimi grade ahi"- which is a technical term here in
> Hawaii, meaning you are getting the best grade of ahi, and then
> "lumpia" something or other. Cool...They seem to have a Pacific Asian
> flair.
>
> Even the Beggar's Purse looked so yummy. Oh thank you for the fun!

Ha! That's the whole reason I liked the menu, Cea! It *did* have a Pacific
flair.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 10:37:20 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> > wrote:

http://www.saucemagazine.com/melange/menu.htm

> Oh my goodness, that restaurant sounds fabulous. (It's only about 5000
> miles away though.) My mouth is watering as is my SO's.
>
> I also noticed that they must be fairly cosmopolitan because they used
> words like "sashimi grade ahi"- which is a technical term here in
> Hawaii, meaning you are getting the best grade of ahi, and then
> "lumpia" something or other. Cool...They seem to have a Pacific Asian
> flair.
>
> Even the Beggar's Purse looked so yummy. Oh thank you for the fun!
>
> aloha,
> beans
> --smithfarms.com
> farmers of pure kona
> roast beans to kona to email

G'day folks,

I'm only a further 3,000 miles west in Oz! Right, that menu looks very
tantalising.
I was just opining to DH a few minutes ago over breakfast(Monday a.m.
here) that fillet steak would be a nice dinner this evening. It is so
expensive here (A$32/kg) but hey, two thick slices is cheaper than
dining out! My purpose of explaining this is, the menu gave me an idea
- the Decontructed Wellington. I'll give it a go and try and post a
pix tomorrow for you.

Cheers
Bronwyn

Brunch today PeterLucas[_5_] General Cooking 3 18-10-2008 01:03 PM
Brunch today Puester General Cooking 0 09-10-2006 01:57 AM
Brunch today kilikini General Cooking 13 08-10-2006 09:02 PM
Brunch today sf General Cooking 2 08-10-2006 05:56 PM