Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Breakfast was...

A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote on 07 Oct 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Andy <q> :
>
> > A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
> >
> > Andy

> I'm having deli roast beef I need to get rid of. Not sure what I'll do
> with it. Maybe something open faced on Texas toast.
>
> Michael

I need some bacon strips for the green bean casserole I'm making tomorrow
so it's bacon and eggs for me. Gonna bake up a lb of bacon save some for
the casserole and scoff the reast with cheese scrambled eggs...soon as the
coffee kicks in and I'm 'awake' according to habit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
>
> Andy

A bowl of cottage cheese. I can't eat it after tomorrow, so I'm taking my
fill of it now!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan said...

> Andy <q> :
>
>> A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
>>
>> Andy

> I'm having deli roast beef I need to get rid of. Not sure what I'll do
> with it. Maybe something open faced on Texas toast.
>
> Michael

Hmmm... tapping fingers... I've got it! A seven egg and chopped up and
garlic'd roast beef omelette of some some sort, served over Texas toast!??

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
>
> Andy

Yum I LOVE Caesar dressing

Aus Wendy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I am at work so breakfast was a hash brown casserole I purchased from
the cafeteria Friday morning, placed in the refrigerator, and heated in
the microwave this morning. And yes, the box had my initials on it so
the night shift would not eat it!

My casserole had hash browns, of course, chopped onion, chopped bacon,
and grated cheese. The choice is ours what we want in the casserole
and the bacon and onions is my favorite. Oh gosh, it was sooooo good
and I washed it all down with a large pineapple orange juice I brought
from home.

I'm good until lunch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
>
> Andy

Either today or tomorrow, I'm going to nuke a small butternut squash,
then serve it with sausage and steamed eggs. :-) I may stuff the squash,
have not decided yet..... IMHO it does not really need it, but a cheese
mix of some sort might be good.
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 1>,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:

> Andy <q> :
>
> > A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
> >
> > Andy

> I'm having deli roast beef I need to get rid of. Not sure what I'll do
> with it. Maybe something open faced on Texas toast.
>
> Michael

Salad. With some shredded cheese perhaps?
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> Andy wrote:
> > A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
> >
> > Andy

> A bowl of cottage cheese. I can't eat it after tomorrow, so I'm taking my
> fill of it now!
>
> kili

Why can't you eat it after tomorrow?
You going on a restricted diet? :-o
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "kilikini" > wrote:
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>> A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
>>>
>>> Andy

>> A bowl of cottage cheese. I can't eat it after tomorrow, so I'm
>> taking my fill of it now!
>>
>> kili

> Why can't you eat it after tomorrow?
> You going on a restricted diet? :-o

Sort of. I have to go up to the Mayo Clinic for testing and they want me to
abstain from dairy (which includes cheese), meat, fat, oils, sugar, fried
foods, etc. I get to be stuck with all kinds of needles and things for the
next week or so. Won't this be fun?

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 12:27:48 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>Andy wrote:
>> A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
>>
>> Andy

>A bowl of cottage cheese. I can't eat it after tomorrow,

Why?

> so I'm taking my fill of it now!

What will you substitute?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 13:36:42 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>> In article >,
>> "kilikini" > wrote:
>>

>>> A bowl of cottage cheese. I can't eat it after tomorrow, so I'm
>>> taking my fill of it now!
>>>
>>> kili

>> Why can't you eat it after tomorrow?
>> You going on a restricted diet? :-o

>Sort of. I have to go up to the Mayo Clinic for testing and they want me to
>abstain from dairy (which includes cheese), meat, fat, oils, sugar, fried
>foods, etc. I get to be stuck with all kinds of needles and things for the
>next week or so. Won't this be fun?

At least by the end of it, you'll know more than you do now.
Good Luck!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 08:27:04 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

> I'm going to nuke a small butternut squash,
>then serve it with sausage and steamed eggs.

That's unusual, but it appeals to me! Take a picture of it and post
the recipe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article >,

> >> A bowl of cottage cheese. I can't eat it after tomorrow, so I'm
> >> taking my fill of it now!
> >>
> >> kili

> > Why can't you eat it after tomorrow?
> > You going on a restricted diet? :-o

> Sort of. I have to go up to the Mayo Clinic for testing and they want me to
> abstain from dairy (which includes cheese), meat, fat, oils, sugar, fried
> foods, etc. I get to be stuck with all kinds of needles and things for the
> next week or so. Won't this be fun?
>
> kili

I'm so sorry...
Thanks for letting us know so I can light candles for ya for a good
outcome! :-)

Hugs!!!!!!!
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 08:27:04 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> > I'm going to nuke a small butternut squash,
> >then serve it with sausage and steamed eggs.

> That's unusual, but it appeals to me! Take a picture of it and post
> the recipe.

Not a bad idea..... <G>

I'm hoping that baby spinach is back up for sale. It makes a very pretty
(and tasty) backdrop for many foods.
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "kilikini" > wrote:
>
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

>>> Why can't you eat it after tomorrow?
>>> You going on a restricted diet? :-o

>> Sort of. I have to go up to the Mayo Clinic for testing and they
>> want me to abstain from dairy (which includes cheese), meat, fat,
>> oils, sugar, fried foods, etc. I get to be stuck with all kinds of
>> needles and things for the next week or so. Won't this be fun?
>>
>> kili

> I'm so sorry...
> Thanks for letting us know so I can light candles for ya for a good
> outcome! :-)
>
> Hugs!!!!!!!

Thanks, Kat. Might as well start lighting now!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 12:27:48 GMT, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>> A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
>>>
>>> Andy

>> A bowl of cottage cheese. I can't eat it after tomorrow,

> Why?
>
>> so I'm taking my fill of it now!
>>

> What will you substitute?

I don't know! I'm kind of wondering about what I'm going to be eating.
I'll have to ask on Monday.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article >,

> >> Sort of. I have to go up to the Mayo Clinic for testing and they
> >> want me to abstain from dairy (which includes cheese), meat, fat,
> >> oils, sugar, fried foods, etc. I get to be stuck with all kinds of
> >> needles and things for the next week or so. Won't this be fun?
> >>
> >> kili

> > I'm so sorry...
> > Thanks for letting us know so I can light candles for ya for a good
> > outcome! :-)
> >
> > Hugs!!!!!!!

> Thanks, Kat. Might as well start lighting now!
>
> kili

Will do...... :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote

> I don't know! I'm kind of wondering about what I'm going to be eating.
> I'll have to ask on Monday.

Kili, good luck to you, too. Hope everything turns out well,
and it's not too much of an ordeal.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sat 07 Oct 2006 05:11:29a, Andy meant to say...

> A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
>
> Andy

....on the go. An "everything" bagel with jalopeno cream cheese and a large
iced non-fat latté.

--
Wayne Boatwright

I have seen the future, and it looks a lot like
the present -- only much longer. --Dan Quisenberry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

A cup of tea made from loose leaves with a little sugar and milk.

Normally there would be some toast and some awful Kraft strawberry jam,
but there is no bread.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote
>
>> I don't know! I'm kind of wondering about what I'm going to be
>> eating. I'll have to ask on Monday.

> Kili, good luck to you, too. Hope everything turns out well,
> and it's not too much of an ordeal.
>
> nancy

Thanks, Nancy. I may as well spit it out, some of you know, but I have a
rare form of cancer and I'm going to be treated at the Mayo Clinic. I go in
for all the tests this week (starting Monday) to find out how extensive it
is and what they need to cut out. They're talking about removing a few of
my ribs, giving me a mastectomy and removing much of my chest muscles. If
the cancer has spread to my arm, there's a possibility of amputation. I'm
on a major fasting diet so they can get blood counts and such. I get to go
through an MRI, a bone scan, a CT scan, an ultrasound and I have
consultations with an oncologist, a radiologist, a thoracic surgeon and a
plastic surgeon. I have a very busy week ahead.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
>
> Andy

....serves in bed, a giant americano, neon sour gummi worms, chocolate covered
soynuts and a banana. He's a god guy to give me candy for breakfast.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
6.121...
> Andy <q> :
>
>> A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
>>
>> Andy

> I'm having deli roast beef I need to get rid of. Not sure what I'll do
> with it. Maybe something open faced on Texas toast.

I had two Bavarian Cream Dunkin Donuts and a cappucino!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat said...

> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> 6.121...
>> Andy <q> :
>>
>>> A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
>>>
>>> Andy

>> I'm having deli roast beef I need to get rid of. Not sure what I'll do
>> with it. Maybe something open faced on Texas toast.
>>

> I had two Bavarian Cream Dunkin Donuts and a cappucino!

WHA??? Drunkin' Donuts does cappucino???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote
>
>> I don't know! I'm kind of wondering about what I'm going to be
>> eating. I'll have to ask on Monday.

> Kili, good luck to you, too. Hope everything turns out well,
> and it's not too much of an ordeal.
>
> nancy

I'm with Nancy on this one. Best of luck; you'll be in our thoughts!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>> "kilikini" > wrote
>>
>>> I don't know! I'm kind of wondering about what I'm going to be
>>> eating. I'll have to ask on Monday.

>> Kili, good luck to you, too. Hope everything turns out well,
>> and it's not too much of an ordeal.
>>
>> nancy

> I'm with Nancy on this one. Best of luck; you'll be in our thoughts!
>
> Jill

Thanks, Jill!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 07:11:29 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>A "fresh-pak" veggie salad mix with Ken's Caesar salad dressing.
>
>Andy

Post Great Grains Raisins, Dates and Pecans cereal (sooo good!) and a
small piece of leftover spinach-feta fusion quesadilla.

Tomorrow AM I'm having company for brunch and will make apple crisp
pancakes and breakfast sausage.

Sue(tm)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
> > "kilikini" > wrote
> >
> >> I don't know! I'm kind of wondering about what I'm going to be
> >> eating. I'll have to ask on Monday.

> > Kili, good luck to you, too. Hope everything turns out well,
> > and it's not too much of an ordeal.
> >
> > nancy

> Thanks, Nancy. I may as well spit it out, some of you know, but I have a
> rare form of cancer and I'm going to be treated at the Mayo Clinic. I go in
> for all the tests this week (starting Monday) to find out how extensive it
> is and what they need to cut out. They're talking about removing a few of
> my ribs, giving me a mastectomy and removing much of my chest muscles. If
> the cancer has spread to my arm, there's a possibility of amputation. I'm
> on a major fasting diet so they can get blood counts and such. I get to go
> through an MRI, a bone scan, a CT scan, an ultrasound and I have
> consultations with an oncologist, a radiologist, a thoracic surgeon and a
> plastic surgeon. I have a very busy week ahead.
>
> kili

Geezus Kili!

I thought they just had to scrape the ribs more..... :-(
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
.. .
> Thanks, Nancy. I may as well spit it out, some of you know, but I have a
> rare form of cancer and I'm going to be treated at the Mayo Clinic. I go
> in
> for all the tests this week (starting Monday) to find out how extensive it
> is and what they need to cut out. They're talking about removing a few of
> my ribs, giving me a mastectomy and removing much of my chest muscles. If
> the cancer has spread to my arm, there's a possibility of amputation. I'm
> on a major fasting diet so they can get blood counts and such. I get to
> go
> through an MRI, a bone scan, a CT scan, an ultrasound and I have
> consultations with an oncologist, a radiologist, a thoracic surgeon and a
> plastic surgeon. I have a very busy week ahead.
>
> kili

That is going to be an ordeal. I hope they can find it and get rid of all
of it for you!

I'll definitely hold a positive thought for you this next week.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ms_peacock wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Thanks, Nancy. I may as well spit it out, some of you know, but I
>> have a rare form of cancer and I'm going to be treated at the Mayo
>> Clinic. I go in
>> for all the tests this week (starting Monday) to find out how
>> extensive it is and what they need to cut out. They're talking
>> about removing a few of my ribs, giving me a mastectomy and removing
>> much of my chest muscles. If the cancer has spread to my arm,
>> there's a possibility of amputation. I'm on a major fasting diet so
>> they can get blood counts and such. I get to go
>> through an MRI, a bone scan, a CT scan, an ultrasound and I have
>> consultations with an oncologist, a radiologist, a thoracic surgeon
>> and a plastic surgeon. I have a very busy week ahead.
>>
>> kili

> That is going to be an ordeal. I hope they can find it and get rid
> of all of it for you!
>
> I'll definitely hold a positive thought for you this next week.
>

> Ms P

Thank you!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "kilikini" > wrote:
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>> "kilikini" > wrote

>>> Kili, good luck to you, too. Hope everything turns out well,
>>> and it's not too much of an ordeal.
>>>
>>> nancy

>> Thanks, Nancy. I may as well spit it out, some of you know, but I
>> have a rare form of cancer and I'm going to be treated at the Mayo
>> Clinic. I go in for all the tests this week (starting Monday) to
>> find out how extensive it is and what they need to cut out. They're
>> talking about removing a few of my ribs, giving me a mastectomy and
>> removing much of my chest muscles. If the cancer has spread to my
>> arm, there's a possibility of amputation. I'm on a major fasting
>> diet so they can get blood counts and such. I get to go through an
>> MRI, a bone scan, a CT scan, an ultrasound and I have consultations
>> with an oncologist, a radiologist, a thoracic surgeon and a plastic
>> surgeon. I have a very busy week ahead.
>>
>> kili

> Geezus Kili!
>
> I thought they just had to scrape the ribs more..... :-(

Nope, I wish. The type of tumor I have is *very* aggressive and constantly
grows back, quickly. Mayo wants to fight it aggressively. I trust them,
they're the best in the nation and they're the only ones in the country that
specialize in this form of cancer. I'll be in the best hands possible.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 08:51:51 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>> Geezus Kili!
>>
>> I thought they just had to scrape the ribs more..... :-(

>Nope, I wish. The type of tumor I have is *very* aggressive and constantly
>grows back, quickly. Mayo wants to fight it aggressively. I trust them,
>they're the best in the nation and they're the only ones in the country that
>specialize in this form of cancer. I'll be in the best hands possible.

Last time I had 5 or 6 candles lit for you. This time, it will be
every one in the house! Is Monday "the day" or is it your arrival
date?
--
See return address to reply by email

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 08:51:51 GMT, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
>>> Geezus Kili!
>>>
>>> I thought they just had to scrape the ribs more..... :-(

>> Nope, I wish. The type of tumor I have is *very* aggressive and
>> constantly grows back, quickly. Mayo wants to fight it
>> aggressively. I trust them, they're the best in the nation and
>> they're the only ones in the country that specialize in this form of
>> cancer. I'll be in the best hands possible.
>>

> Last time I had 5 or 6 candles lit for you. This time, it will be
> every one in the house! Is Monday "the day" or is it your arrival
> date?

Monday is the start of testing day. We're leaving about 2:00 am to get
there by 7:30 am. I'm now on my official fasting.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 17:46:18 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>Monday is the start of testing day. We're leaving about 2:00 am to get
>there by 7:30 am. I'm now on my official fasting.
>
>kili

I start mine after midnight tonight. No food or anything to drink
after midnight. Gotta guzzle the water before then, so I don't wake
up really thirsty in the middle of the night. Not that I will sleep
that much....

I am due at the hospital at 6:30am...surgery is scheduled for 7:30am.

I will be thinking of you,Kili.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 08 Oct 2006 10:50:15a, Christine Dabney meant to say...

> On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 17:46:18 GMT, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>

>>Monday is the start of testing day. We're leaving about 2:00 am to get
>>there by 7:30 am. I'm now on my official fasting.
>>
>>kili
>>

> I start mine after midnight tonight. No food or anything to drink
> after midnight. Gotta guzzle the water before then, so I don't wake
> up really thirsty in the middle of the night. Not that I will sleep
> that much....
>
> I am due at the hospital at 6:30am...surgery is scheduled for 7:30am.
>
> I will be thinking of you,Kili.
>
> Christine

And I will be thinking of both of you!

--
Wayne Boatwright

I have seen the future, and it looks a lot like
the present -- only much longer. --Dan Quisenberry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 17:46:18 GMT, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>

>> Monday is the start of testing day. We're leaving about 2:00 am to
>> get there by 7:30 am. I'm now on my official fasting.
>>
>> kili
>>

> I start mine after midnight tonight. No food or anything to drink
> after midnight. Gotta guzzle the water before then, so I don't wake
> up really thirsty in the middle of the night. Not that I will sleep
> that much....
>
> I am due at the hospital at 6:30am...surgery is scheduled for 7:30am.
>
> I will be thinking of you,Kili.
>
> Christine

I'm right there with you, Christine! (We'll be holding hands - almost.)
<g>

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 9>,
Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh pshaw, on Sun 08 Oct 2006 10:50:15a, Christine Dabney meant to say...
>
> > On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 17:46:18 GMT, "kilikini"
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>Monday is the start of testing day. We're leaving about 2:00 am to get
> >>there by 7:30 am. I'm now on my official fasting.
> >>
> >>kili
> >>

> > I start mine after midnight tonight. No food or anything to drink
> > after midnight. Gotta guzzle the water before then, so I don't wake
> > up really thirsty in the middle of the night. Not that I will sleep
> > that much....
> >
> > I am due at the hospital at 6:30am...surgery is scheduled for 7:30am.
> >
> > I will be thinking of you,Kili.
> >
> > Christine
> >

> And I will be thinking of both of you!

Ditto.......