Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Something you don't see every day!

Yesterday I drove to a Whole Foods market in Devon, PA. It's on a 4-lane
business route (Rte. 30), Lancaster Avenue, that's overcrowded beyond
belief for miles and miles!!!

No extra lanes to make left turns can stifle traffic for a block or more.
That combined with parallel and angled parking spots basically ruin it
for both lanes at a time in places.

Anyway, in the thick of it we hit a red light. So I look around and right
next to me on the corner is "The Lancaster County Farmer's Market."

Whoa!!! How many times have I been down this road and never seen that???
It sat atop a steep grade from the curb and sidewalk and with cars parked
in front blocking a portion of the building set further back, if you
weren't stopped and looked over and up, you'd never see it. I could only
read the name that was painted on the building.

So, as much as I'd liked to have gotten where I was going, faster, a red
light finally pays off!

I didn't pull in, as I was on a mission, but I'll visit it on the weekend
for a look-see. You can never have too many farmer's markets, imho. It's
not in Lancaster county as the name says, rather it's in Delaware county
but PA Dutch country is about one hour away straight down the bypass Rte.
30, so I imagine the market is supplied by the farms out that way.

So there's something I haven't seen every day, for years.

All the best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Andy <q> said:

> So there's something I haven't seen every day, for years.

<snip>

I keep telling you, Andy -- open your eyes when you drive! ;-) But
seriously, enjoy that farmer's market this weekend, it sounds neat...

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice said...

> One time on Usenet, Andy <q> said:
>
>> So there's something I haven't seen every day, for years.

> <snip>
>
> I keep telling you, Andy -- open your eyes when you drive! ;-)

<grin>

> But seriously, enjoy that farmer's market this weekend, it sounds

neat...

Thanks, I'll try.

Everybody should hit their farmer's markets this weekend for the last (?)
of local harvests.

All the best,

Andy