Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Penzeys salt-free "Mural of Flavor"

Tried it. It's good. Unfortunately, some (many?) ingredients are
lumped together as "spices" on the ingredients list. If any spices set
off your allergies, I suggest calling or emailing Penzeys headquarters
to explain why you're reluctant to buy this without knowing more.

--
Dan Goodman
All political parties die at last of swallowing their own lies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Goodman wrote:
> Tried it. It's good. Unfortunately, some (many?) ingredients are
> lumped together as "spices" on the ingredients list. If any spices set
> off your allergies, I suggest calling or emailing Penzeys headquarters
> to explain why you're reluctant to buy this without knowing more.

Since you have tasted it, what would you use it on?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester wrote:

> Dan Goodman wrote:
> > Tried it. It's good. Unfortunately, some (many?) ingredients are
> > lumped together as "spices" on the ingredients list. If any spices
> > set off your allergies, I suggest calling or emailing Penzeys
> > headquarters to explain why you're reluctant to buy this without
> > knowing more.

> Since you have tasted it, what would you use it on?

So far I've used it on turkey giblets. I would use it on meat and on
eggs. I haven't tried it on vegetables yet, but think it would work on
them.

--
Dan Goodman
All political parties die at last of swallowing their own lies.
John Arbuthnot (1667-1735), Scottish writer, physician.
Journal http://dsgood.livejournal.com
Links http://del.icio.us/dsgood
Blog http://dsgood.googlepages.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Goodman > wrote:
>Tried it. It's good. Unfortunately, some (many?) ingredients are
>lumped together as "spices" on the ingredients list. If any spices set
>off your allergies, I suggest calling or emailing Penzeys headquarters
>to explain why you're reluctant to buy this without knowing more.

The bottle labels and the website are not identical in content.

"Hand mixed from shallots, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary,
basil, coriander, lemon peel, citric acid, black pepper,
chives, green peppercorns, dill weed, and orange peel."
http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...ml?id=sYaicE38

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Blair P. Houghton > wrote:

> Dan Goodman > wrote:
> >Tried it. It's good. Unfortunately, some (many?) ingredients are
> >lumped together as "spices" on the ingredients list. If any spices set
> >off your allergies, I suggest calling or emailing Penzeys headquarters
> >to explain why you're reluctant to buy this without knowing more.

> The bottle labels and the website are not identical in content.
>
> "Hand mixed from shallots, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary,
> basil, coriander, lemon peel, citric acid, black pepper,
> chives, green peppercorns, dill weed, and orange peel."
> http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...ml?id=sYaicE38

The catalog (Fall 2006) shows "spices" as the main ingredient.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blair P. Houghton wrote:

> Dan Goodman > wrote:
> > Tried it. It's good. Unfortunately, some (many?) ingredients are
> > lumped together as "spices" on the ingredients list. If any spices
> > set off your allergies, I suggest calling or emailing Penzeys
> > headquarters to explain why you're reluctant to buy this without
> > knowing more.

> The bottle labels and the website are not identical in content.
>
> "Hand mixed from shallots, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary,
> basil, coriander, lemon peel, citric acid, black pepper,
> chives, green peppercorns, dill weed, and orange peel."
> http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...lavor.html?id=
> sYaicE38
>
> --Blair

Aha! -- thanks!