Randy Price

Default Duck Eggs

My daughter's pet ducks have started laying eggs, can they be
substituted for chicken eggs in cooking? -RP

j*ni

Hark! I heard Randy Price > say:

> My daughter's pet ducks have started laying eggs, can they be
> substituted for chicken eggs in cooking? -RP

Based solely on my personal experience (I also had ducks for pets
as a kid), yes, you can. My mom cooked with them -- she liked them
for cakes, IIRC. These were white Pekin ducks, btw:

http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/poultry/ducks/pekin/

Such sweet little things, and so soft! Sadly,we had to get rid of
them when we moved, so we set them free on a local lake. You still
see the occasional Pekin out there today...

--
j*ni m. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!
Randy Price

Thats the same kind of ducks she has, from two ducks we get an egg a
day. -RP

levelwave

Randy Price wrote:

> My daughter's pet ducks have started laying eggs, can they be
> substituted for chicken eggs in cooking? -RP

You bet!... and it's also a great way to teach your child about the
wonderful convenience of abortion...

~john!

Rick & Cyndi

"levelwave" > wrote in message
: Randy Price wrote:
:
: > My daughter's pet ducks have started laying eggs, can they be
: > substituted for chicken eggs in cooking? -RP
:
:
: You bet!... and it's also a great way to teach your child about
the
: wonderful convenience of abortion...
:
: ~john!
:
: ==========

Where the hell did that come from? That's uncalled for.....

TonyP

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:50:19 -0400, levelwave wrote:

> Randy Price wrote:
>
>> My daughter's pet ducks have started laying eggs, can they be
>> substituted for chicken eggs in cooking? -RP

> You bet!... and it's also a great way to teach your child about the
> wonderful convenience of abortion...
>
> ~john!

LOL, I always ask my kids how they want their chicken abortion cooked.

Tony
Julia Altshuler

>>>My daughter's pet ducks have started laying eggs, can they be
>>>substituted for chicken eggs in cooking? -RP

>>You bet!... and it's also a great way to teach your child about the
>>wonderful convenience of abortion...

> LOL, I always ask my kids how they want their chicken abortion cooked.

I laughed too.

Now, if the children should start asking questions that need real
answers, you need to explain that without a rooster, the eggs are
unfertilized, and therefore the abortion analogy is all wrong. The eggs
you're scrambling could never grow into chickens.

--Lia