Frozen berries in baking

Old 13-09-2006, 12:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Frozen berries in baking

Never used 'em before. I'm thinking of making a chocolate raspberry
cake with white choc chips. I have frozen rasps. Should I thaw them
first? Use them unthawed au naturel? Unthawed with a coating of
flour (or cocoa)? What's your experience?

TammyM

Old 13-09-2006, 01:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"TammyM" wrote in message
Never used 'em before. I'm thinking of making a chocolate raspberry
cake with white choc chips. I have frozen rasps. Should I thaw them
first? Use them unthawed au naturel? Unthawed with a coating of
flour (or cocoa)? What's your experience?

TammyM

I just toss in frozen blueberries into muffins and they work fine that way.
Just did it yesterday.

Old 13-09-2006, 01:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:

Never used 'em before. I'm thinking of making a chocolate raspberry
cake with white choc chips. I have frozen rasps. Should I thaw them
first? Use them unthawed au naturel? Unthawed with a coating of
flour (or cocoa)? What's your experience?

I get frozen cherries from a local cherry farm/processor. I tried pies
with cherries that had been thawed but found I got better results by
precooking the filling.