Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Knife outlet on I-95 in southern SC or GA

What's the name of that big knife factory outet off I-95..
It's been mentioned here before, but I didn't notice if it was one of
the better brands...
Chuck (in SC)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chuck (in SC)" > wrote in message
> What's the name of that big knife factory outet off I-95..
> It's been mentioned here before, but I didn't notice if it was one of
> the better brands...
> Chuck (in SC)

It is the Sabatier outlet. Exit 33 in SC. Little hole in the wall place,
but some excellent deals. We spent about $140, and got knives that would
normally cost about $300.

Sheila

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 00:07:46 GMT, "WhansaMi" >
wrote:

>"Chuck (in SC)" > wrote in message
.. .
>> What's the name of that big knife factory outet off I-95..
>> It's been mentioned here before, but I didn't notice if it was one of
>> the better brands...
>> Chuck (in SC)

>It is the Sabatier outlet. Exit 33 in SC. Little hole in the wall place,
>but some excellent deals. We spent about $140, and got knives that would
>normally cost about $300.
>
>Sheila

Thanks.. will be a nice little road trip for me..
Chuck (in SC)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Chuck (in SC)" > wrote in message
.. .
>> What's the name of that big knife factory outet off I-95..
>> It's been mentioned here before, but I didn't notice if it was one of
>> the better brands...
>> Chuck (in SC)

>It is the Sabatier outlet. Exit 33 in SC. Little hole in the wall place,
>but some excellent deals. We spent about $140, and got knives that would
>normally cost about $300.
>
>Sheila

some of the stuff I find on the web about Sabatier.... some shows to
be from France.. some from China? (usualy the "sets")
Is Sabatier good stuff or junk?
Chuck (in SC)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chuck (in SC) wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 00:07:46 GMT, "WhansaMi" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Chuck (in SC)" > wrote in message
>>> What's the name of that big knife factory outet off I-95..
>>> It's been mentioned here before, but I didn't notice if it was one
>>> of the better brands...
>>> Chuck (in SC)

>> It is the Sabatier outlet. Exit 33 in SC. Little hole in the wall
>> place, but some excellent deals. We spent about $140, and got
>> knives that would normally cost about $300.
>>
>> Sheila
>>

> some of the stuff I find on the web about Sabatier.... some shows to
> be from France.. some from China? (usualy the "sets")
> Is Sabatier good stuff or junk?
> Chuck (in SC)

The stuff made in France is supposed to be really good quality. As for the
stuff from China it tends to get mixed reviews. My only problem with the
French/German/American knives is the full bolsters which creates problems
when sharpenning.

--

Joe Cilinceon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chuck (in SC)" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 00:07:46 GMT, "WhansaMi" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Chuck (in SC)" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> What's the name of that big knife factory outet off I-95..
>>> It's been mentioned here before, but I didn't notice if it was one of
>>> the better brands...
>>> Chuck (in SC)

>>It is the Sabatier outlet. Exit 33 in SC. Little hole in the wall place,
>>but some excellent deals. We spent about $140, and got knives that would
>>normally cost about $300.
>>
>>Sheila
>>

> some of the stuff I find on the web about Sabatier.... some shows to
> be from France.. some from China? (usualy the "sets")
> Is Sabatier good stuff or junk?
> Chuck (in SC)'

They had both (from France and from China) in the store, but the ones from
China were clearly marked, and were significantly less expensive.

They had everything from the Chinese knives to the highest quality knives
made in France. Just be discerning about what you buy.

Sheila

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 03:18:01 GMT, "WhansaMi" >
wrote:

>"Chuck (in SC)" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 00:07:46 GMT, "WhansaMi" >
>> wrote:

>>>It is the Sabatier outlet. Exit 33 in SC. Little hole in the wall place,
>>>but some excellent deals. We spent about $140, and got knives that would
>>>normally cost about $300.
>>>
>>>Sheila
>>>

>> some of the stuff I find on the web about Sabatier.... some shows to
>> be from France.. some from China? (usualy the "sets")
>> Is Sabatier good stuff or junk?
>> Chuck (in SC)'

>They had both (from France and from China) in the store, but the ones from
>China were clearly marked, and were significantly less expensive.
>
>They had everything from the Chinese knives to the highest quality knives
>made in France. Just be discerning about what you buy.
>
>Sheila

Thanks for the added info.. Currently on a "stay at home" vacation..
may just make a road trip down there next day or two..
Chuck (in SC)