Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Best of both worlds.

Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals, but
can still be done in the microwave?

Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a microwave,
but that general direction of food preparation.

The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
diabetic recipes.

Maybe if enough people asked, they'd do something about it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ian Field > wrote:
: Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals, but
: can still be done in the microwave?

: Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a microwave,
: but that general direction of food preparation.

: The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
: diabetic recipes.

: Maybe if enough people asked, they'd do something about it.

Most green vegetables can be simply prepared in the microwave. I also do
a fish dish with plain(not breaded) fish sooked with onins salt and
pepper, slices fo green pepper adnsome tomatoes either ripe fresh or
canned. this can also be seasoned with some hot peppers or such or you
can use a salsa as the main cooking sauce. time depeds on the thickness
of the fish.

jut something off the to of my head.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
> Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals,
> but can still be done in the microwave?
>
> Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a
> microwave, but that general direction of food preparation.
>
> The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
> diabetic recipes.
>
> Maybe if enough people asked, they'd do something about it.

Hi Ian,

The following would help in answering your question

What kind of Diabetes do you have?

How have you decided to deal with it?
--- High carb (red beans) and drugs, or
--- low carb and drug free

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>> Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals,
>> but can still be done in the microwave?
>>
>> Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a
>> microwave, but that general direction of food preparation.
>>
>> The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
>> diabetic recipes.
>>
>> Maybe if enough people asked, they'd do something about it.

> Hi Ian,
>
> The following would help in answering your question
>
> What kind of Diabetes do you have?
>
> How have you decided to deal with it?
> --- High carb (red beans) and drugs, or
> --- low carb and drug free

The cost of food is a big issue while we endure austerity so the Tories can
line the offshore bank accounts of their fatcat chums.

Its T2 controlled by Metformin, sort of a fine balance with the threat of
insulin never too far away!

Red beans were just an example of the basics from the local Asian food
market - the beans would have to be boiled until all the froth had been
scooped off, not really practical in a microwave.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:

> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>>> Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals,
>>> but can still be done in the microwave?
>>>
>>> Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a
>>> microwave, but that general direction of food preparation.
>>>
>>> The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
>>> diabetic recipes.
>>>
>>> Maybe if enough people asked, they'd do something about it.

>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> The following would help in answering your question
>>
>> What kind of Diabetes do you have?
>>
>> How have you decided to deal with it?
>> --- High carb (red beans) and drugs, or
>> --- low carb and drug free

> The cost of food is a big issue while we endure austerity so the Tories
> can line the offshore bank accounts of their fatcat chums.
>
> Its T2 controlled by Metformin, sort of a fine balance with the threat
> of insulin never too far away!
>
> Red beans were just an example of the basics from the local Asian food
> market - the beans would have to be boiled until all the froth had been
> scooped off, not really practical in a microwave.

Hi Ian,

Metformin is nasty stuff. Makes your hair fall out, gives you
(sometimes permanent) insomnia, skin spots, and worst of all,
it makes you paranoid delusional. Yep everybody is picking
on you! It also has a rebound effect. When I initially went
drug free, each time I backed off on the dosage of Metformin,
my blood sugar went down. I also had to do A LOT of apologizing
to people I lashed out at. Fortunately, they all forgave me.

Consider your Tori remark may be the metformin speaking. You
may also just think that. As I told myself when I was taking
Metformin, even paranoid have enemies.

Anyway, if your choice is to do the drug and high carb route,
then I really don't have any advice. Just pick out nice shoes
for your future prosthetic feet and a good dialysis center
while you can still see.

If you decide to go the low carb, drug free route, here is
a good web site to start with:

http://www.diabetes-warrior.net/

As for the way I do it (I am drug free for a year now), I
remind myself of my Grandmother. I cook up a whole bunch
of stuff most of the day on Sunday. Then I refrig or
freeze most of it. Some times I blanch and deep freeze
whatever abundance I have from the garden. Then during
the week, I microwave what I cooked on Sunday. It is our
form of fast food.

I am also blessed by a trophy wife that eats what I
eat so I am never tempted to go back to anything
high carb (red beans, for example) that injured me in
the first place. remember that T2 is an injury, not
a disease.

Other primals and paleos (I am primal) have discussed
the fast food issue. They usually wind up cooking me.
Some will buy a rotisserie chick on the way home. I
don't, because they are so rancid, they make me want
to hurl.

-T

Congrads on England staying in one piece.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:

>>> Hi Ian,
>>>
>>> The following would help in answering your question
>>>
>>> What kind of Diabetes do you have?
>>>
>>> How have you decided to deal with it?
>>> --- High carb (red beans) and drugs, or
>>> --- low carb and drug free

>> The cost of food is a big issue while we endure austerity so the Tories
>> can line the offshore bank accounts of their fatcat chums.
>>
>> Its T2 controlled by Metformin, sort of a fine balance with the threat
>> of insulin never too far away!
>>
>> Red beans were just an example of the basics from the local Asian food
>> market - the beans would have to be boiled until all the froth had been
>> scooped off, not really practical in a microwave.

> Hi Ian,
>
> Metformin is nasty stuff. Makes your hair fall out, gives you
> (sometimes permanent) insomnia, skin spots, and worst of all,
> it makes you paranoid delusional. Yep everybody is picking
> on you! It also has a rebound effect. When I initially went
> drug free, each time I backed off on the dosage of Metformin,
> my blood sugar went down. I also had to do A LOT of apologizing
> to people I lashed out at. Fortunately, they all forgave me.
>

> Consider your Tori remark may be the metformin speaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YBumQHPAeU&app=desktop

Hopefully; more than half the electorate are on Metformin.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/01/2014 12:25 PM, Ian Field wrote:

> "Todd" > wrote in message

>>> The cost of food is a big issue while we endure austerity so the Tories
>>> can line the offshore bank accounts of their fatcat chums.
>>>
>>> Its T2 controlled by Metformin, sort of a fine balance with the threat
>>> of insulin never too far away!
>>>
>>> Red beans were just an example of the basics from the local Asian food
>>> market - the beans would have to be boiled until all the froth had been
>>> scooped off, not really practical in a microwave.

>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> Metformin is nasty stuff. Makes your hair fall out, gives you
>> (sometimes permanent) insomnia, skin spots, and worst of all,
>> it makes you paranoid delusional. Yep everybody is picking
>> on you! It also has a rebound effect. When I initially went
>> drug free, each time I backed off on the dosage of Metformin,
>> my blood sugar went down. I also had to do A LOT of apologizing
>> to people I lashed out at. Fortunately, they all forgave me.
>>

>> Consider your Tori remark may be the metformin speaking.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YBumQHPAeU&app=desktop
>
> Hopefully; more than half the electorate are on Metformin.

Hi Ian,

We call them "Met Heads". They can be a real challenge
to be around. I was. If my British, American French
blue language translator is correct, I do believe you
would call Met Heads "Arse Holes".

Didn't watch the video. I can only guess what is on it.
Why don't you find a Tory friend, ask him what he really thinks,
listen to what he says, then repeat it back to him and ask
him if you have it correct. Don't stop until he agree
with you as to what he thinks.

You will really be surprised at times. It is also wonderful
to understand what others think, even when you disagree with
them. It also helps to know what your are actually disagreeing
with.

Everyone who likes politics should do this. Quite often one
side tell us what the other side thinks and we really have
no clue what they actually think. And it doesn't help if
you are a Met Head.

One out of eleven Americans now have T2. More keep getting
injured as there seems to be no end to the low nutrition,
high carbohydrate (not found in nature or our historical past)
food being pushed on the public, both by industry and
by government. There is no such thing as a "health carb",
only more or less. Brown carbs are seen the same way as white
cards by your body. They are all a bag of sugar.

When I got off of Metformin and the "dark curtain" lifted, I
could not stop talking to anyone around me about anything
that come to mind. I had to do a lot of apologizing for
that too. Eventually I learned to control my mouth and
start listen to others.

-T

In Paris they just simply opened their eyes and stared when
we spoke to them in French! We never did succeed in making
those idiots understand their own language.

--Mark Twain - The Innocents Abroad

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
: On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:
: >
: >
: > "Todd" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
: Hi Ian,

: Metformin is nasty stuff. Makes your hair fall out, gives you
: (sometimes permanent) insomnia, skin spots, and worst of all,
: it makes you paranoid delusional. Yep everybody is picking
: on you! It also has a rebound effect. When I initially went
: drug free, each time I backed off on the dosage of Metformin,
: my blood sugar went down. I also had to do A LOT of apologizing
: to people I lashed out at. Fortunately, they all forgave me.

I find this strange as I have been on Metformin now for some 17-18 years
with none of the effects you, tidd, have experienced. I will grant that
some peol ehave bad results with different drugs, but one's own personal
bad experience may well NOT be universal. If a drug causes problems for
you you you should no be taking it, but that does nt mean that other folk
should stop taking it if it works adn does not cause them your smptoms.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/01/2014 04:59 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Todd > wrote:
> : On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:
> : >
> : >
> : > "Todd" > wrote in message
> : > ...
> : >> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
> : Hi Ian,
>
> : Metformin is nasty stuff. Makes your hair fall out, gives you
> : (sometimes permanent) insomnia, skin spots, and worst of all,
> : it makes you paranoid delusional. Yep everybody is picking
> : on you! It also has a rebound effect. When I initially went
> : drug free, each time I backed off on the dosage of Metformin,
> : my blood sugar went down. I also had to do A LOT of apologizing
> : to people I lashed out at. Fortunately, they all forgave me.
>

> I find this strange as I have been on Metformin now for some 17-18 years
> with none of the effects you, tidd, have experienced. I will grant that
> some peol ehave bad results with different drugs, but one's own personal
> bad experience may well NOT be universal. If a drug causes problems for
> you you you should no be taking it, but that does nt mean that other folk
> should stop taking it if it works adn does not cause them your smptoms.
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,
The depression (crabbiness) and delusional paranoia creep up on you.

You may not be aware of it. I certainly was not aware of it until
I got off it. I truly though everyone was picking on me. When
I got off it, oh boy, did I have a lot of apologizing to do.
You have shown signs of the crabbiness to me in the past. The
way you can figure it out is to ask someone close to you that you
can trust to give you the unvarnished truth if you have become
a crabass.

People that can not longer sleep had it sneak up on them too.
They have said in blogs they never recovered and were not
able to sleep again.

And don't forget the rebound effect. Met is an allopathic drug,
meaning it is a controlled dosage of a poison meant to cause
a desired reaction. This can save your life. But over the long run,
your body will rebound to it. My blood sugar dropped each time
I backed off on the stuff.

You have been on Met for a long time and know how to cook
low(er) carb. You may be healed by now and not need it. If
you get off it to see, be careful when the "dark curtain" lifts.
You might suddenly start enjoying things and people around you.

:-)

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/30/2014 8:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
> Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals,
> but can still be done in the microwave?
>
> Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a
> microwave, but that general direction of food preparation.
>
> The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
> diabetic recipes.

Use your imagination: Improvise! Then check with your meter.

> Maybe if enough people asked, they'd do something about it.

Who's "they"? Kraft, Nestle and Monsanto?

Don Roberto

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 01 Oct 2014 17:15:32 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, Todd
> wrote:

>On 10/01/2014 04:59 PM, W. Baker wrote:
>> Todd > wrote:
>> : On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>> : >
>> : >
>> : > "Todd" > wrote in message
>> : > ...
>> : >> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>> : Hi Ian,
>>
>> : Metformin is nasty stuff. Makes your hair fall out, gives you
>> : (sometimes permanent) insomnia, skin spots, and worst of all,
>> : it makes you paranoid delusional. Yep everybody is picking
>> : on you! It also has a rebound effect. When I initially went
>> : drug free, each time I backed off on the dosage of Metformin,
>> : my blood sugar went down. I also had to do A LOT of apologizing
>> : to people I lashed out at. Fortunately, they all forgave me.
>>

>> I find this strange as I have been on Metformin now for some 17-18 years
>> with none of the effects you, tidd, have experienced. I will grant that
>> some peol ehave bad results with different drugs, but one's own personal
>> bad experience may well NOT be universal. If a drug causes problems for
>> you you you should no be taking it, but that does nt mean that other folk
>> should stop taking it if it works adn does not cause them your smptoms.
>>
>> Wendy

>Hi Wendy,
> The depression (crabbiness) and delusional paranoia creep up on you.
>
> You may not be aware of it. I certainly was not aware of it until
>I got off it. I truly though everyone was picking on me. When
>I got off it, oh boy, did I have a lot of apologizing to do.
>You have shown signs of the crabbiness to me in the past. The
>way you can figure it out is to ask someone close to you that you
>can trust to give you the unvarnished truth if you have become
>a crabass.
>
> People that can not longer sleep had it sneak up on them too.
>They have said in blogs they never recovered and were not
>able to sleep again.
>
> And don't forget the rebound effect. Met is an allopathic drug,
>meaning it is a controlled dosage of a poison meant to cause
>a desired reaction. This can save your life. But over the long run,
>your body will rebound to it. My blood sugar dropped each time
>I backed off on the stuff.
>
> You have been on Met for a long time and know how to cook
>low(er) carb. You may be healed by now and not need it. If
>you get off it to see, be careful when the "dark curtain" lifts.
>You might suddenly start enjoying things and people around you.
>
>:-)
>
>-T

What a piece of work you are.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

: > Todd > wrote:
: > : On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:
: > : >
: > : >
: > : > "Todd" > wrote in message
: > : > ...
: > : >> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
: > : Hi Ian,
: >
[...]

: :-)

: -T

I am not regarded as a crabby person and at 78 am active and happy, having
adjusted to the loss of my husban now 4 years ago. Healed I am not and I
was off the Met for a few weeks this summer when Ihad a stomach upset that
was not severe, but was prolonged. I was taken off pretty much al my Met
adn was also eating remarkably little, so little that I lost 15 lbs in a
few week(3-4) I am now back onthe Met and am tryign to maintain the
weight loss which was the first time since my big weigt oss of 30 years
ago, thata I have moved below the weight I attained then. So fa I am
fairly successful, bu , of couse, it requires daily weighing of me to not
let a small gain turn into a large one. Unfortuantley m appetite is back.

You, as poster, take quate a strong view adn express it strongly, making i
sound like you are the only one who has the right way. We all find
different ways to control our diabtese and enjoy sharing ideas jus like
recipes, but not being told that "I am the way adn you are stupid if you
don't follow me and are damned to diabetic failure if you don't accept my
views." You may not be aware of it, but this is how you come off. You
have found wht works for YOU adn many of us gave you all kinds of recipes
and cookign methods to get you to where you wanted to be. I am glad we
were able to help, but remeber, to disgree wit you in a polite way is not
crabbiness. I eat quite low car,or what I call moderate carb of 60-100
grams a day adn it works for me as it has for more than 30 years, the last
17 or so on Metformin. That is what we mean by YMMV or "your mileeage may
vary."

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/01/2014 08:32 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> [...]
> : You might suddenly start enjoying things and people around you.
>
> : :-)
>
> : -T
>
> I am not regarded as a crabby person and at 78 am active and happy, having
> adjusted to the loss of my husban now 4 years ago. Healed I am not and I
> was off the Met for a few weeks this summer when Ihad a stomach upset that
> was not severe, but was prolonged. I was taken off pretty much al my Met
> adn was also eating remarkably little, so little that I lost 15 lbs in a
> few week(3-4) I am now back onthe Met and am tryign to maintain the
> weight loss which was the first time since my big weigt oss of 30 years
> ago, thata I have moved below the weight I attained then. So fa I am
> fairly successful, bu , of couse, it requires daily weighing of me to not
> let a small gain turn into a large one. Unfortuantley m appetite is back.

Sounds like you have it in hand.

How was your blood sugar when you were off Met for a week?

> You, as poster, take quate a strong view adn express it strongly, making i
> sound like you are the only one who has the right way. We all find
> different ways to control our diabtese and enjoy sharing ideas jus like
> recipes, but not being told that "I am the way adn you are stupid if you
> don't follow me and are damned to diabetic failure if you don't accept my
> views." You may not be aware of it, but this is how you come off. You
> have found wht works for YOU adn many of us gave you all kinds of recipes
> and cookign methods to get you to where you wanted to be. I am glad we
> were able to help, but remeber, to disgree wit you in a polite way is not
> crabbiness. I eat quite low car,or what I call moderate carb of 60-100
> grams a day adn it works for me as it has for more than 30 years, the last
> 17 or so on Metformin. That is what we mean by YMMV or "your mileeage may
> vary."

Wendy,

To be quite blunt, no I do not. This is in your own mind.
Making things up and putting words into my mouth is not
politely disagreeing with me.

This is why I think you are being effected by Metformin.
You must rely on others who will be honest with you as to
your behavior and if your personality has changed. You
can not judge it for yourself. Under Met, your internal
jerk meter is too screwed up for you to be able to tell.
Your are under a Chemical Haze.

Now I never knew you before Metformin, so you may be this
way naturally. But I have to say, the jumping to conclusions,
flying off the handle, reading negative motives into things
that are innocuous is exactly what a Met Head acts like.

So I vote 1+ for Metforming induces crabbiness.

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ian Field" > wrote in message
> Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals, but
> can still be done in the microwave?
>
> Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a microwave,
> but that general direction of food preparation.
>
> The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
> diabetic recipes.
>
> Maybe if enough people asked, they'd do something about it.

There are really no such things as diabetic recipes. You can make all sorts
of things in the microwave but whether you would like the results or not are
another matter.

Beans require long cooking so I doubt that you could do them in there. You
could buy canned beans though.

You can cook meat in the microwave but I wouldn't. Pretty much any other
vegetables but beans can be cooked in there.

When I was down with my foot injury, I bought rice and pasta cookers for the
microwave. The ones I got only do 1-2 servings at a time. My daughter was
able to use them.

For eggs, just beat like you would for scrambled. Add any veggies or meats
that you want. The meats should be cooked first. Add salt, pepper, milk or
water and a little butter, margarine or oil. You don't need a lot of the
fat. Just enough to add richness and keep the eggs from sticking. You can
do these in any microwaveable bowl or even a glass measuring cup. Nuke at
30 second intervals, stirring until they are the way you like them. If you
want cheese, stir in after the eggs are cooked.

Just look for microwave recipes. And look for ones that list the carb
counts.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>> Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals,
>> but can still be done in the microwave?
>>
>> Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a
>> microwave, but that general direction of food preparation.
>>
>> The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
>> diabetic recipes.
>>
>> Maybe if enough people asked, they'd do something about it.

> Hi Ian,
>
> The following would help in answering your question
>
> What kind of Diabetes do you have?
>
> How have you decided to deal with it?
> --- High carb (red beans) and drugs, or
> --- low carb and drug free
>
> -T

I know that Todd has me in his killfile but those are not the only two
options. Plenty of low carbers have to use meds.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ian Field" > wrote in message

> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>>> Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals,
>>> but can still be done in the microwave?
>>>
>>> Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a
>>> microwave, but that general direction of food preparation.
>>>
>>> The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
>>> diabetic recipes.
>>>
>>> Maybe if enough people asked, they'd do something about it.

>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> The following would help in answering your question
>>
>> What kind of Diabetes do you have?
>>
>> How have you decided to deal with it?
>> --- High carb (red beans) and drugs, or
>> --- low carb and drug free

> The cost of food is a big issue while we endure austerity so the Tories
> can line the offshore bank accounts of their fatcat chums.
>
> Its T2 controlled by Metformin, sort of a fine balance with the threat of
> insulin never too far away!
>
> Red beans were just an example of the basics from the local Asian food
> market - the beans would have to be boiled until all the froth had been
> scooped off, not really practical in a microwave.

I don't know what country you're in, but do you have canned beans there?
They are really not that much more expensive than dried. Can you get fresh
beans? I can't here. Since you have an Asian store, can you get bean
sprouts?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:
> Its T2 controlled by Metformin, sort of a fine balance with the threat
> of insulin never too far away!

Hi Ian,

Insulin is nasty stuff.

To give you an idea of what is required if you decide to go
the drug free route, you will need to get your carbs down
to 30 grams or less per day until you heal, then 60 grams
per day or less. No banking and no fiber subtracting.

And here is a suggest life style to adopt for drug free too:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/defin...mal-blueprint/

Lifestyle has a lot to do with healing from this kind of injury.

I did it. I love the food. And I love the lifestyle. I
eat better and fell better than memory.

Whatever you do, be sure to watch your numbers,

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:

>>> Hi Ian,
>>>
>>> The following would help in answering your question
>>>
>>> What kind of Diabetes do you have?
>>>
>>> How have you decided to deal with it?
>>> --- High carb (red beans) and drugs, or
>>> --- low carb and drug free

>> The cost of food is a big issue while we endure austerity so the Tories
>> can line the offshore bank accounts of their fatcat chums.
>>
>> Its T2 controlled by Metformin, sort of a fine balance with the threat
>> of insulin never too far away!
>>
>> Red beans were just an example of the basics from the local Asian food
>> market - the beans would have to be boiled until all the froth had been
>> scooped off, not really practical in a microwave.

> Hi Ian,
>
> Metformin is nasty stuff. Makes your hair fall out, gives you
> (sometimes permanent) insomnia, skin spots, and worst of all,
> it makes you paranoid delusional. Yep everybody is picking
> on you! It also has a rebound effect. When I initially went
> drug free, each time I backed off on the dosage of Metformin,
> my blood sugar went down. I also had to do A LOT of apologizing
> to people I lashed out at. Fortunately, they all forgave me.

Please do not listen to Todd. Just because *he* had some issues that he
thinks were related to Metformin doesn't mean that you will. It's once of
the safest drugs around.

As for Todd's lashing out, he has done that a lot here. He gets angry at
people who don't share his way of thinking and then puts them in his
killfile. He also says nasty things about people and claims that they are
not nasty.

> Consider your Tori remark may be the metformin speaking. You
> may also just think that. As I told myself when I was taking
> Metformin, even paranoid have enemies.
>
> Anyway, if your choice is to do the drug and high carb route,
> then I really don't have any advice. Just pick out nice shoes
> for your future prosthetic feet and a good dialysis center
> while you can still see.

Again, please ignore Todd. Please!

> If you decide to go the low carb, drug free route, here is
> a good web site to start with:
>
> http://www.diabetes-warrior.net/
>
> As for the way I do it (I am drug free for a year now), I
> remind myself of my Grandmother. I cook up a whole bunch
> of stuff most of the day on Sunday. Then I refrig or
> freeze most of it. Some times I blanch and deep freeze
> whatever abundance I have from the garden. Then during
> the week, I microwave what I cooked on Sunday. It is our
> form of fast food.
>
> I am also blessed by a trophy wife that eats what I
> eat so I am never tempted to go back to anything
> high carb (red beans, for example) that injured me in
> the first place. remember that T2 is an injury, not
> a disease.
>
> Other primals and paleos (I am primal) have discussed
> the fast food issue. They usually wind up cooking me.
> Some will buy a rotisserie chick on the way home. I
> don't, because they are so rancid, they make me want
> to hurl.
>
> -T
>
> Congrads on England staying in one piece.

Low carb may work for some people. Certainly not all. And low carb can
have its consequences too. For me, the consequence is high blood sugar.
And rotisserie chickens are not rancid. Another thing he is lying about.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/01/2014 12:25 PM, Ian Field wrote:

>>> Hi Ian,
>>>
>>> Metformin is nasty stuff. Makes your hair fall out, gives you
>>> (sometimes permanent) insomnia, skin spots, and worst of all,
>>> it makes you paranoid delusional. Yep everybody is picking
>>> on you! It also has a rebound effect. When I initially went
>>> drug free, each time I backed off on the dosage of Metformin,
>>> my blood sugar went down. I also had to do A LOT of apologizing
>>> to people I lashed out at. Fortunately, they all forgave me.
>>>

>>> Consider your Tori remark may be the metformin speaking.

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YBumQHPAeU&app=desktop
>>
>> Hopefully; more than half the electorate are on Metformin.

> Hi Ian,
>
> We call them "Met Heads". They can be a real challenge
> to be around. I was. If my British, American French
> blue language translator is correct, I do believe you
> would call Met Heads "Arse Holes".

We? We...who? Why are you making nasty remarks about people who use
Metformin? That is really hitting below the belt. This is a diabetic forum
and many diabetics use it. Just because you had issues with it doesn't make
those of us who do use it bad or wrong or even addicts.

> Didn't watch the video. I can only guess what is on it.
> Why don't you find a Tory friend, ask him what he really thinks,
> listen to what he says, then repeat it back to him and ask
> him if you have it correct. Don't stop until he agree
> with you as to what he thinks.
>
> You will really be surprised at times. It is also wonderful
> to understand what others think, even when you disagree with
> them. It also helps to know what your are actually disagreeing
> with.
>
> Everyone who likes politics should do this. Quite often one
> side tell us what the other side thinks and we really have
> no clue what they actually think. And it doesn't help if
> you are a Met Head.

How about he starts after you do. All you can do is put people down. You
don't care a fig about their way of thinking.

> One out of eleven Americans now have T2. More keep getting
> injured as there seems to be no end to the low nutrition,
> high carbohydrate (not found in nature or our historical past)
> food being pushed on the public, both by industry and
> by government. There is no such thing as a "health carb",
> only more or less. Brown carbs are seen the same way as white
> cards by your body. They are all a bag of sugar.

Injured? Oh come on. Puleeeeeeze!

> When I got off of Metformin and the "dark curtain" lifted, I
> could not stop talking to anyone around me about anything
> that come to mind. I had to do a lot of apologizing for
> that too. Eventually I learned to control my mouth and
> start listen to others.

The dark curtain hasn't lifted. You're still being an ass.

> -T
>
> In Paris they just simply opened their eyes and stared when
> we spoke to them in French! We never did succeed in making
> those idiots understand their own language.
>
> --Mark Twain - The Innocents Abroad

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Todd > wrote:
> : On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:
> : >
> : >
> : > "Todd" > wrote in message
> : > ...
> : >> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
> : Hi Ian,
>
> : Metformin is nasty stuff. Makes your hair fall out, gives you
> : (sometimes permanent) insomnia, skin spots, and worst of all,
> : it makes you paranoid delusional. Yep everybody is picking
> : on you! It also has a rebound effect. When I initially went
> : drug free, each time I backed off on the dosage of Metformin,
> : my blood sugar went down. I also had to do A LOT of apologizing
> : to people I lashed out at. Fortunately, they all forgave me.
>

> I find this strange as I have been on Metformin now for some 17-18 years
> with none of the effects you, tidd, have experienced. I will grant that
> some peol ehave bad results with different drugs, but one's own personal
> bad experience may well NOT be universal. If a drug causes problems for
> you you you should no be taking it, but that does nt mean that other folk
> should stop taking it if it works adn does not cause them your smptoms.

This is how I wound up getting put in Todd's killfile. I kept calling him
out on his lies again and again and again.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/01/2014 04:59 PM, W. Baker wrote:
>> Todd > wrote:
>> : On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>> : >
>> : >
>> : > "Todd" > wrote in message
>> : > ...
>> : >> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>> : Hi Ian,
>>
>> : Metformin is nasty stuff. Makes your hair fall out, gives you
>> : (sometimes permanent) insomnia, skin spots, and worst of all,
>> : it makes you paranoid delusional. Yep everybody is picking
>> : on you! It also has a rebound effect. When I initially went
>> : drug free, each time I backed off on the dosage of Metformin,
>> : my blood sugar went down. I also had to do A LOT of apologizing
>> : to people I lashed out at. Fortunately, they all forgave me.
>>

>> I find this strange as I have been on Metformin now for some 17-18 years
>> with none of the effects you, tidd, have experienced. I will grant that
>> some peol ehave bad results with different drugs, but one's own personal
>> bad experience may well NOT be universal. If a drug causes problems for
>> you you you should no be taking it, but that does nt mean that other folk
>> should stop taking it if it works adn does not cause them your smptoms.
>>
>> Wendy

> Hi Wendy,
> The depression (crabbiness) and delusional paranoia creep up on you.

Really? Gee... I have been on it for something like 14 years now. I know
others who take it as well. None of us are crabby or delusional or paranoid
and I certainly don't think Wendy is any of those things.

You, OTOH going on about losing a foot... Well... Just sayin'.

> You may not be aware of it. I certainly was not aware of it until
> I got off it. I truly though everyone was picking on me. When
> I got off it, oh boy, did I have a lot of apologizing to do.
> You have shown signs of the crabbiness to me in the past. The
> way you can figure it out is to ask someone close to you that you
> can trust to give you the unvarnished truth if you have become
> a crabass.

I think the rest of us here would be aware of it if she was. And she isn't.
I can't even imagine what she would have said to have come across as crabby
to you. However, I am sure that *I* am perceived as crabby to you because
my BS detector goes off big time with pretty much everything you say here
and I got sick of you posting the Mark's Daily Apple crap.

> People that can not longer sleep had it sneak up on them too.
> They have said in blogs they never recovered and were not
> able to sleep again.

Um... I think if *this* were true, it would be widely talked about. And it
sure is not.

> And don't forget the rebound effect. Met is an allopathic drug,
> meaning it is a controlled dosage of a poison meant to cause
> a desired reaction. This can save your life. But over the long run,
> your body will rebound to it. My blood sugar dropped each time
> I backed off on the stuff.

Metformin is not poison. Maybe it didn't work for you. If it were poison,
it wouldn't be widely available.

> You have been on Met for a long time and know how to cook
> low(er) carb. You may be healed by now and not need it. If
> you get off it to see, be careful when the "dark curtain" lifts.
> You might suddenly start enjoying things and people around you.
>
> :-)
>
> -T

Oh puleeeze!!!!!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 01 Oct 2014 17:15:32 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, Todd
> > wrote:
>
>>On 10/01/2014 04:59 PM, W. Baker wrote:
>>> Todd > wrote:
>>> : On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>>> : >
>>> : >
>>> : > "Todd" > wrote in message
>>> : > ...
>>> : >> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>>> : Hi Ian,
>>>
>>> : Metformin is nasty stuff. Makes your hair fall out, gives you
>>> : (sometimes permanent) insomnia, skin spots, and worst of all,
>>> : it makes you paranoid delusional. Yep everybody is picking
>>> : on you! It also has a rebound effect. When I initially went
>>> : drug free, each time I backed off on the dosage of Metformin,
>>> : my blood sugar went down. I also had to do A LOT of apologizing
>>> : to people I lashed out at. Fortunately, they all forgave me.
>>>

>>> I find this strange as I have been on Metformin now for some 17-18
>>> years
>>> with none of the effects you, tidd, have experienced. I will grant that
>>> some peol ehave bad results with different drugs, but one's own personal
>>> bad experience may well NOT be universal. If a drug causes problems
>>> for
>>> you you you should no be taking it, but that does nt mean that other
>>> folk
>>> should stop taking it if it works adn does not cause them your smptoms.
>>>
>>> Wendy

>>Hi Wendy,
>> The depression (crabbiness) and delusional paranoia creep up on you.
>>
>> You may not be aware of it. I certainly was not aware of it until
>>I got off it. I truly though everyone was picking on me. When
>>I got off it, oh boy, did I have a lot of apologizing to do.
>>You have shown signs of the crabbiness to me in the past. The
>>way you can figure it out is to ask someone close to you that you
>>can trust to give you the unvarnished truth if you have become
>>a crabass.
>>
>> People that can not longer sleep had it sneak up on them too.
>>They have said in blogs they never recovered and were not
>>able to sleep again.
>>
>> And don't forget the rebound effect. Met is an allopathic drug,
>>meaning it is a controlled dosage of a poison meant to cause
>>a desired reaction. This can save your life. But over the long run,
>>your body will rebound to it. My blood sugar dropped each time
>>I backed off on the stuff.
>>
>> You have been on Met for a long time and know how to cook
>>low(er) carb. You may be healed by now and not need it. If
>>you get off it to see, be careful when the "dark curtain" lifts.
>>You might suddenly start enjoying things and people around you.
>>
>>:-)
>>
>>-T
>>

> What a piece of work you are.

Yes he is. And here I thought he had left.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> [...]
>
> You, as poster, take quate a strong view adn express it strongly, making i
> sound like you are the only one who has the right way. We all find
> different ways to control our diabtese and enjoy sharing ideas jus like
> recipes, but not being told that "I am the way adn you are stupid if you
> don't follow me and are damned to diabetic failure if you don't accept my
> views." You may not be aware of it, but this is how you come off. You
> have found wht works for YOU adn many of us gave you all kinds of recipes
> and cookign methods to get you to where you wanted to be. I am glad we
> were able to help, but remeber, to disgree wit you in a polite way is not
> crabbiness. I eat quite low car,or what I call moderate carb of 60-100
> grams a day adn it works for me as it has for more than 30 years, the last
> 17 or so on Metformin. That is what we mean by YMMV or "your mileeage may

Yes, yes, yes. I have been here a lot longer than Todd and I have never
seen you be crabby. I can get crabby but I am a Cancerian and we are crabs.
I am normally not a crabby person, but when I come across people like Todd
who think their way is the only way, I sure do get crabby. I also have
great difficulty controlling my tongue. I just can't sit back and watch
wrong things being posted.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Dear Todd. Sorry for the top post here but you are having delusions. It
wasn't the Metformin. Seek help! Yes, I know this is coming across as a
mean reply but, I seriously do mean it. Todd is so very way off the wall
here he may as well be in a different country! And Wendy couldn't be
"effected" by something. She could be "affected" though. I would imagine
though that as soon as Wendy sees Todd's reply, she may well be feeling
similar to me right now. Have a nice day!

"Todd" > wrote in message
> [...]

>> may
>> vary."

> Wendy,
>
> To be quite blunt, no I do not. This is in your own mind.
> Making things up and putting words into my mouth is not
> politely disagreeing with me.
>
> This is why I think you are being effected by Metformin.
> You must rely on others who will be honest with you as to
> your behavior and if your personality has changed. You
> can not judge it for yourself. Under Met, your internal
> jerk meter is too screwed up for you to be able to tell.
> Your are under a Chemical Haze.
>
> Now I never knew you before Metformin, so you may be this
> way naturally. But I have to say, the jumping to conclusions,
> flying off the handle, reading negative motives into things
> that are innocuous is exactly what a Met Head acts like.
>
> So I vote 1+ for Metforming induces crabbiness.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 23:35:57 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Karen" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 01 Oct 2014 17:15:32 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, Todd
>> > wrote:

>>>Hi Wendy,
>>> The depression (crabbiness) and delusional paranoia creep up on you.
>>>
>>> You may not be aware of it. I certainly was not aware of it until
>>>I got off it. I truly though everyone was picking on me. When
>>>I got off it, oh boy, did I have a lot of apologizing to do.
>>>You have shown signs of the crabbiness to me in the past. The
>>>way you can figure it out is to ask someone close to you that you
>>>can trust to give you the unvarnished truth if you have become
>>>a crabass.
>>>
>>> People that can not longer sleep had it sneak up on them too.
>>>They have said in blogs they never recovered and were not
>>>able to sleep again.
>>>
>>> And don't forget the rebound effect. Met is an allopathic drug,
>>>meaning it is a controlled dosage of a poison meant to cause
>>>a desired reaction. This can save your life. But over the long run,
>>>your body will rebound to it. My blood sugar dropped each time
>>>I backed off on the stuff.
>>>
>>> You have been on Met for a long time and know how to cook
>>>low(er) carb. You may be healed by now and not need it. If
>>>you get off it to see, be careful when the "dark curtain" lifts.
>>>You might suddenly start enjoying things and people around you.
>>>
>>>:-)
>>>
>>>-T
>>>

>> What a piece of work you are.

>Yes he is. And here I thought he had left.

I know. Too bad he came back. Anyone who disagrees with him is
either killfiled, accused of lying, or accused of being crabby. He
pulled this garbage on me last year.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>> Its T2 controlled by Metformin, sort of a fine balance with the threat
>> of insulin never too far away!

> Hi Ian,
>
> Insulin is nasty stuff.
>
> To give you an idea of what is required if you decide to go
> the drug free route, you will need to get your carbs down
> to 30 grams or less per day until you heal, then 60 grams
> per day or less. No banking and no fiber subtracting.
>
> And here is a suggest life style to adopt for drug free too:
> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/defin...mal-blueprint/
>
> Lifestyle has a lot to do with healing from this kind of injury.
>
> I did it. I love the food. And I love the lifestyle. I
> eat better and fell better than memory.
>
> Whatever you do, be sure to watch your numbers,
>
> -T

Now this is even worse!!! Please, people do not listen to Todd. He would
be killing diabetics by telling them that insulin is nasty stuff. People
*need* insulin. It is in our bodies. If some diabetics stop using their
insulin because of what Todd says, they will die. This is just beyond
ridiculous. This man knows not of what he speaks!

And here he is, shilling again for Mark's Daily Apple.

And what does this mean? "I eat better and fell better than memory"? Did
Todd fall and hit his head? That might explain things.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 23:35:57 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Karen" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Wed, 01 Oct 2014 17:15:32 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, Todd

>>> What a piece of work you are.

>>Yes he is. And here I thought he had left.

> I know. Too bad he came back. Anyone who disagrees with him is
> either killfiled, accused of lying, or accused of being crabby. He
> pulled this garbage on me last year.

Very sorry. I didn't know that he did it to you too. At the rate we are
going, we will all be killfiled by him. And I would love to killfile him
but I fear that his advice could be dangerous to any newbies who might come
here.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:

> On 10/01/2014 08:32 PM, W. Baker wrote:

>> You, as poster, take quate a strong view adn express it strongly, making
>> sound like you are the only one who has the right way. We all find
>> different ways to control our diabtese and enjoy sharing ideas jus like
>> recipes, but not being told that "I am the way adn you are stupid if you
>> don't follow me and are damned to diabetic failure if you don't accept my
>> views." You may not be aware of it, but this is how you come off. You
>> have found wht works for YOU adn many of us gave you all kinds of recipes
>> and cookign methods to get you to where you wanted to be. I am glad we
>> were able to help, but remeber, to disgree wit you in a polite way is not
>> crabbiness. I eat quite low car,or what I call moderate carb of 60-100
>> grams a day adn it works for me as it has for more than 30 years, the
>> last
>> 17 or so on Metformin. That is what we mean by YMMV or "your mileeage
>> may vary."

> Wendy,
>
> To be quite blunt, no I do not. This is in your own mind.
> Making things up and putting words into my mouth is not
> politely disagreeing with me.
>
> This is why I think you are being effected by Metformin.
> You must rely on others who will be honest with you as to
> your behavior and if your personality has changed. You
> can not judge it for yourself. Under Met, your internal
> jerk meter is too screwed up for you to be able to tell.
> Your are under a Chemical Haze.
>
> Now I never knew you before Metformin, so you may be this
> way naturally. But I have to say, the jumping to conclusions,
> flying off the handle, reading negative motives into things
> that are innocuous is exactly what a Met Head acts like.
>
> So I vote 1+ for Metforming induces crabbiness.
>
> -T

Todd,

Please go back over this thread and read carefully - several times
if necessary. You should be able to see that Wendy is correct.
You DO come across the way she describes it. You and she may be
"separated by a common language", and I'm not even a native speaker of that
language, but I have known Wendy on the DM groups for about five years
and crabby she is not. I have experience with others (in person) on
Metformin and have never noticed any of the symptoms you describe so
vividly.

Oh, and I'm on glimepiride, reduced carb and increased exercise.

One more thing comes to mind - you have a microwave but no oven.
Over here there are tiny two-plate ranges with small ovens available,
suitable for a studio apartment or a summer cabin. One of those might solve
many of your cooking problems.

Bjørn
T2, 72 yo, bmi 23

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
: > : >
: > : >
[...]
: > : :-)
: >
: > : -T
: >
: > I am not regarded as a crabby person and at 78 am active and happy, having
: > adjusted to the loss of my husban now 4 years ago. Healed I am not and I
: > was off the Met for a few weeks this summer when Ihad a stomach upset that
: > was not severe, but was prolonged. I was taken off pretty much al my Met
: > adn was also eating remarkably little, so little that I lost 15 lbs in a
: > few week(3-4) I am now back onthe Met and am tryign to maintain the
: > weight loss which was the first time since my big weigt oss of 30 years
: > ago, thata I have moved below the weight I attained then. So fa I am
: > fairly successful, bu , of couse, it requires daily weighing of me to not
: > let a small gain turn into a large one. Unfortuantley m appetite is back.

: Sounds like you have it in hand.

: How was your blood sugar when you were off Met for a week?

No change as I was eating remarkably little food. How else do you think I
los 15 pounds in a few weeks after maaintaining the sme weight for over
30? half a banan a piece of toast, a third of an apple and home made
chichen sop with some rice. that's bout what I would eat and couldn't
manage more and was haaving the loose bowels. When i went back on the
Metformin my stomach was fine and as my apetite increased, I had to watch
the carbs, as I usually do. I was also rather happier and not crabby at
all as I no longer ws suffering from stomach distress.

[...]

Your strong defense of the "Paleo" diet that you were promoting several
months ago and putting down anyone who did not think this ws the way to go
was, certainlly evident in your posts adn you finally seemed t goo off in
a huff.

: This is why I think you are being effected by Metformin.
: You must rely on others who will be honest with you as to
: your behavior and if your personality has changed. You
: can not judge it for yourself. Under Met, your internal
: jerk meter is too screwed up for you to be able to tell.
: Your are under a Chemical Haze.

Balonsy! i move in many circles where I am notconsidered crabby, but a
rather nice adn easy to work with as I run my food nd clothing drives and
serve on boards of groups to which I belong, not g ettign into arguments
with hose I may disgree with.

: Now I never knew you before
Metformin, so you may
be this : way naturally. But I have to say, the jumping to conclusions,
: flying off the handle, reading negative motives into things
: that are innocuous is exactly what a Met Head acts like.

Calling people who tak Metformin A---holes is not a negative statement or
motive. It looks ike flying off the handle to me nd to jumping to
conclusions out people. maybe the medication did that to you because of
your underlying personality, but it has not done so to me.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Todd" > wrote in message

>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YBumQHPAeU&app=desktop
>>>
>>> Hopefully; more than half the electorate are on Metformin.

>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> We call them "Met Heads". They can be a real challenge
>> to be around. I was. If my British, American French
>> blue language translator is correct, I do believe you
>> would call Met Heads "Arse Holes".

> We? We...who? Why are you making nasty remarks about people who use
> Metformin?

This is Usenet - kooks come with the territory.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/01/2014 04:59 PM, W. Baker wrote:
>> Todd > wrote:
>> : On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>> : >
>> : >
>> : > "Todd" > wrote in message
>> : > ...
>> : >> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>> : Hi Ian,
>>
>> : Metformin is nasty stuff. Makes your hair fall out, gives you
>> : (sometimes permanent) insomnia, skin spots, and worst of all,
>> : it makes you paranoid delusional. Yep everybody is picking
>> : on you! It also has a rebound effect. When I initially went
>> : drug free, each time I backed off on the dosage of Metformin,
>> : my blood sugar went down. I also had to do A LOT of apologizing
>> : to people I lashed out at. Fortunately, they all forgave me.
>>

>> I find this strange as I have been on Metformin now for some 17-18 years
>> with none of the effects you, tidd, have experienced. I will grant that
>> some peol ehave bad results with different drugs, but one's own personal
>> bad experience may well NOT be universal. If a drug causes problems for
>> you you you should no be taking it, but that does nt mean that other folk
>> should stop taking it if it works adn does not cause them your smptoms.
>>
>> Wendy

> Hi Wendy,
> The depression (crabbiness) and delusional paranoia creep up on you.

That isn't the Metformin - its the lack of some other drug that you *SHOULD*
be taking.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 23:35:57 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Karen" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Wed, 01 Oct 2014 17:15:32 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, Todd

>>> What a piece of work you are.

>>Yes he is. And here I thought he had left.

> I know. Too bad he came back. Anyone who disagrees with him is
> either killfiled,

Well; that's one way that people with an attitude problem can be
self-limiting.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> [...]

>> don't follow me and are damned to diabetic failure if you don't accept my
>> views." You may not be aware of it, but this is how you come off. You
>> have found wht works for YOU adn many of us gave you all kinds of recipes
>> and cookign methods to get you to where you wanted to be. I am glad we
>> were able to help, but remeber, to disgree wit you in a polite way is not
>> crabbiness. I eat quite low car,or what I call moderate carb of 60-100
>> grams a day adn it works for me as it has for more than 30 years, the
>> last
>> 17 or so on Metformin. That is what we mean by YMMV or "your mileeage
>> may
>> vary."

> Wendy,
>
> To be quite blunt, no I do not. This is in your own mind.
> Making things up and putting words into my mouth is not

From what I've seen so far, that's pretty much you!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Dear Todd. Sorry for the top post here but you are having delusions. It
> wasn't the Metformin. Seek help!

A quick search for; "antipsychotics" came up with Olanzepine, and a couple
of others I couldn't pronounce.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ian Field" > wrote in message

>>> Hi Ian,
>>>
>>> The following would help in answering your question
>>>
>>> What kind of Diabetes do you have?
>>>
>>> How have you decided to deal with it?
>>> --- High carb (red beans) and drugs, or
>>> --- low carb and drug free

>> The cost of food is a big issue while we endure austerity so the Tories
>> can line the offshore bank accounts of their fatcat chums.
>>
>> Its T2 controlled by Metformin, sort of a fine balance with the threat of
>> insulin never too far away!
>>
>> Red beans were just an example of the basics from the local Asian food
>> market - the beans would have to be boiled until all the froth had been
>> scooped off, not really practical in a microwave.

> I don't know what country you're in, but do you have canned beans there?
> They are really not that much more expensive than dried. Can you get
> fresh beans? I can't here. Since you have an Asian store, can you get
> bean sprouts?

Generally I go in there mostly for spices, they're a *LOT* cheaper than
"name brand" little jars, usually I only notice odd items of food that I
think would work out a huge saving if I knew how to prepare it.

Maybe as much as 1/4 of their stock is dried beans & pulses etc. A lot of
the (presumably vegetables of some sort) I don't even know what they're
called.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Don Roberto" > wrote in message
> On 9/30/2014 8:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>> Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals,
>> but can still be done in the microwave?
>>
>> Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a
>> microwave, but that general direction of food preparation.
>>
>> The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
>> diabetic recipes.
>>

> Use your imagination: Improvise! Then check with your meter.

As a non-insulin T2, the NHS won't give me a meter, so I'd have to buy one.

Actually, I got a couple of meters from my salvage interests - but never
quite organised an expedition to buy some strips.

Last time I had a scheduled blood test I was a bit over, they increased my
Metformin and re-tested. The results of that declared my blood sugar "under
control".

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/02/2014 10:51 AM, Ian Field wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Dear Todd. Sorry for the top post here but you are having delusions.
>> It wasn't the Metformin. Seek help!

> A quick search for; "antipsychotics" came up with Olanzepine, and a
> couple of others I couldn't pronounce.

Hi Ian,

You are showing signs of the Chemical Haze I am referring to.
You need to ask someone you know and trust to tell you
the truth if your behavior has changed. You can't tell on
your own.

Speaking of friends: there are three types.

1) those who won't tell you your fly is unzipped

2) those that will

3) those that won't tell you, but will tell everyone
else in the room.

Did I make you chuckle? If not, seek out a #2 and
ask him if you have changed.

You seriously think EVERYONE is picking on you. All
those Tories are out to get you! And your sense of humor
is a thing of the past.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/02/2014 11:06 AM, Ian Field wrote:

> "Don Roberto" > wrote in message
>> On 9/30/2014 8:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>>> Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals,
>>> but can still be done in the microwave?
>>>
>>> Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a
>>> microwave, but that general direction of food preparation.
>>>
>>> The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
>>> diabetic recipes.
>>>

>> Use your imagination: Improvise! Then check with your meter.

> As a non-insulin T2, the NHS won't give me a meter, so I'd have to buy one.
>
> Actually, I got a couple of meters from my salvage interests - but never
> quite organised an expedition to buy some strips.
>
> Last time I had a scheduled blood test I was a bit over, they increased
> my Metformin and re-tested. The results of that declared my blood sugar
> "under control".

Hi Ian,

Sounds like you are on track.

Have you though of backing off on the carbs and see if your
blood sugar goes down?

Here in the States, Walmart has great prices on meters and
supplies.

How did they test your blood sugar? Meter? A1c? Fructosamine?
The A1c is really sloppy. Off by about +- 25%. (I will
provide a paper on that to who ever asks nicely.)

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/02/2014 10:51 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>>

>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> Dear Todd. Sorry for the top post here but you are having delusions.
>>> It wasn't the Metformin. Seek help!

>> A quick search for; "antipsychotics" came up with Olanzepine, and a
>> couple of others I couldn't pronounce.

> Hi Ian,
>
> You are showing signs of the Chemical Haze I am referring to.
> You need to ask someone you know and trust to tell you
> the truth if your behavior has changed. You can't tell on
> your own.
>
> Speaking of friends: there are three types.
>
> 1) those who won't tell you your fly is unzipped
>
> 2) those that will
>
> 3) those that won't tell you, but will tell everyone
> else in the room.
>
> Did I make you chuckle? If not, seek out a #2 and
> ask him if you have changed.
>
> You seriously think EVERYONE is picking on you. All
> those Tories are out to get you! And your sense of humor
> is a thing of the past.

I wouldn't quite say that you've lost your marbles - but there's definitely
a hole in the bag!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/02/2014 10:47 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>> I know. Too bad he came back. Anyone who disagrees with him is
>> either killfiled,

> Well; that's one way that people with an attitude problem can be
> self-limiting.

Hi Ian,

********.

People disagree with me all the time and I don't kill file
them. I love to learn other viewpoints. You and me are
on opposite sides of the political spectrum. Have I
killfiled you?

I only kill file someone when you don't act like a
gentleman or lady.

Hmmmmm. "Attitude problem". Perhaps this is the Meformin
speaking? Are you still able to sleep? Any weird spots on
your skin yet? Hair start falling out? Think people are
picking on you? Those Tories seem to be hating poor folks
more and more every day?

I had no clue I was acting this way under Met. I
did not believe for one minute that it was all
of my own doing when others around me complained
about me. I was a classic Met Head

-T