Precooked hamburger patties

Old 27-06-2009, 06:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Precooked hamburger patties

I found some of these today at Safeway. What a time saver! The meat was
really lean and they were quite good. I had been buying patties and making
them myself. Yeah, I know patties are easy to make but I don't like to
handle meat. I needed something for myself to eat on those days when I am
making stuff for Angela and my husband that I can't eat. These will do!

Old 28-06-2009, 06:10 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Alice Faber" wrote in message

I can't even eat pre-formed patties that I cook myself. A few months
ago, I bought some at my mother's supermarket, put out by a local farm.
They were awful. For another data point, I tried the organic patties
from Trader Joes. They were awful. For the sake of completeness, I tried
the patties from my supermarket. They were awful. And so I went back to
grinding my own meat.

Well, these were very good. My husband went back for seconds.

If you all liked them, that's the main thing. :-)

Cheri

Old 28-06-2009, 09:56 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
I found some of these today at Safeway. What a time saver! The meat was
really lean and they were quite good. I had been buying patties and making
them myself. Yeah, I know patties are easy to make but I don't like to
handle meat. I needed something for myself to eat on those days when I am
making stuff for Angela and my husband that I can't eat. These will do!

Out of curiosity, what is their cost per pound?

I have seen pre-cooked bacon at around $24 per pound, which is a very
hefty premium for the convenience, and wondered if there is a similar
cost for 'them' to do the cooking.

--

I'm glad my Mom named me Aaron,
That's what everybody calls me.
Old 29-06-2009, 04:11 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Aaron" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:
I found some of these today at Safeway. What a time saver! The meat was
really lean and they were quite good. I had been buying patties and
making them myself. Yeah, I know patties are easy to make but I don't
like to handle meat. I needed something for myself to eat on those days
when I am making stuff for Angela and my husband that I can't eat. These
will do!

Out of curiosity, what is their cost per pound?

I don't remember. I don't pay a lot of attention to prices, but the were
about the same as for raw patties.

I have seen pre-cooked bacon at around $24 per pound, which is a very
hefty premium for the convenience, and wondered if there is a similar cost
for 'them' to do the cooking.

I buy cooked at Costco. I don't mind paying more. I hate cooking bacon.

Old 30-06-2009, 09:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
Alice Faber wrote:

I can't even eat pre-formed patties that I cook myself. A few months
ago, I bought some at my mother's supermarket, put out by a local farm.
They were awful. For another data point, I tried the organic patties
from Trader Joes. They were awful. For the sake of completeness, I tried
the patties from my supermarket. They were awful. And so I went back to
grinding my own meat.

I just ordered another 36 6oz "steakburger" individually frozen
grass-fed beef patties from LaCense beef. They really do taste like
very good steak, cook in 2 minutes a side in a cast iron frying pan, and
are a staple of my diet. One of those with a hotted up 10oz box of
frozen veg (or fresh equivalent this time of year), and I'm a happy
diner.

PP
Old 30-06-2009, 09:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"Julie Bove" wrote:

I can't even eat pre-formed patties that I cook myself. A few months
ago, I bought some at my mother's supermarket, put out by a local farm.
They were awful. For another data point, I tried the organic patties
from Trader Joes. They were awful. For the sake of completeness, I tried
the patties from my supermarket. They were awful. And so I went back to
grinding my own meat.

Well, these were very good. My husband went back for seconds.

Did you check the ingredients to be sure there weren't any filler or
flavor-enhancing ingredients?

PP
Old 30-06-2009, 11:24 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Alice Faber wrote:

I can't even eat pre-formed patties that I cook myself. A few months
ago, I bought some at my mother's supermarket, put out by a local farm.
They were awful. For another data point, I tried the organic patties
from Trader Joes. They were awful. For the sake of completeness, I tried
the patties from my supermarket. They were awful. And so I went back to
grinding my own meat.

I just ordered another 36 6oz "steakburger" individually frozen
grass-fed beef patties from LaCense beef. They really do taste like
very good steak, cook in 2 minutes a side in a cast iron frying pan, and
are a staple of my diet. One of those with a hotted up 10oz box of
frozen veg (or fresh equivalent this time of year), and I'm a happy
diner.

The problem I often have with the frozen raw burgers is that they stick
together. I wind up having to try to cook them all at once and then they
don't come out very well.

Old 30-06-2009, 11:27 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote:

I can't even eat pre-formed patties that I cook myself. A few months
ago, I bought some at my mother's supermarket, put out by a local farm.
They were awful. For another data point, I tried the organic patties
from Trader Joes. They were awful. For the sake of completeness, I
tried
the patties from my supermarket. They were awful. And so I went back to
grinding my own meat.

Well, these were very good. My husband went back for seconds.

Did you check the ingredients to be sure there weren't any filler or
flavor-enhancing ingredients?

Yep. Because of our food allergies, I ALWAYS check ingredients. Perhaps we
are luckier than most because in this area there is a big demand for organic
and natural foods. ALL of the stores in this area are carrying them now.
Most have a huge organic food section but some have the organic foods
integrated with the regular foods. The store where we do most of our
shopping carries mainly organic foods with some regular foods mixed in.
I've been told it is comparable to Whole Foods but with better prices.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:41 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alice Faber wrote:

[...]

These are individually packaged and frozen. Can thaw 1 at a time.

PP
Old 03-07-2009, 04:57 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" wrote in message

These are individually packaged and frozen. Can thaw 1 at a time.

Oh. Nice!