Acrylic or Lexan drinking glasses safe?

Old 16-03-2006, 01:59 AM posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Acrylic or Lexan drinking glasses safe?

Acrylic or Lexan drinking glasses safe to drink from?

especially with hot or cold liquids?

I'm looking for some outdoor glasses that wont break if
dropped
Old 16-03-2006, 03:28 AM posted to rec.food.equipment

wrote in message
news
Acrylic or Lexan drinking glasses safe to drink from?

especially with hot or cold liquids?

I'm looking for some outdoor glasses that wont break if
dropped

Any material used in food contact must be approved by the FDA. I don't know
what specific materials are being used today, but I'm not concerned about
any toxicity.

Old 16-03-2006, 02:45 PM posted to rec.food.equipment

Ward Abbott wrote:

There are thousands available at JC Penney, Bed, Bath & Beyond,
Target, Meijer, WalMart, just to name a few. They are safe and
literally "flood" the market come spring time.

With our current litigious society, they are safe.

OK

Yes Walmart is where I saw them and they are in fact
putting them out for spring