Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Bosch Dishwasher model SHU4306UC

I recently had to replace the plastic component that holds the printed
circuit boards behind the push buttons on the front of our washer. I
believe the washer is about 4 or 5 years old. The plastic tabs broke
off on two of the cycle settings. Now the washer takes over 3 hours to
do a load. Can someone give me some advice as to what I should look at
next? tks, markus

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On 9 Feb 2006 04:12:14 -0800, "markus" > wrote:

>I recently had to replace the plastic component that holds the printed
>circuit boards behind the push buttons on the front of our washer. I
>believe the washer is about 4 or 5 years old. The plastic tabs broke
>off on two of the cycle settings. Now the washer takes over 3 hours to
>do a load. Can someone give me some advice as to what I should look at
>next? tks, markus

Try a Yahoo or Google search for Bosch dishwasher replacement parts.
You should come up with a list on on-line e-tailers that sell them, such
as repairclinic.com, appliancefactoryparts.com, expertappliance.com,
repairsaver.com. You could even go the the boschappliances.com web site
to find an authorized dealer in your area, if you are in the US. Or, go
to http://www.bosch.com/assets/en/count...ex.htm?lang=en to
find if you are elsewhere in the world.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"markus" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I recently had to replace the plastic component that holds the printed
> circuit boards behind the push buttons on the front of our washer. I
> believe the washer is about 4 or 5 years old. The plastic tabs broke
> off on two of the cycle settings. Now the washer takes over 3 hours to
> do a load. Can someone give me some advice as to what I should look at
> next? tks, markus

===
3 hours--Yikes! I had to replace the motherboard on my Bosch SHU6800 (under
warranty).
It would count down to 1 and stay there never finishing
the cycle. If you need to replace the board, it is appx $120. and plug
out/plug in.
===

Posted to rec.food.equipment

I found out from a local (helpful) appliance repair shop that I needed
to check a solder point on one of the printed circuit boards for a bad
connection. Sure enough, the solder joint was poor. I re-soldered and
now it is working fine.