Cleaning clogged juicer screen

Old 22-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Henry
Usenet poster

Default Cleaning clogged juicer screen

I have a Champion juicer. The holes in the screen get clogged with
material that does not come loose with routine washing, scrubbing or
even soaking. The only thing that seems to work is to clean the
screen hole by hole with a pin--not at all practical.

Does anyone have a better solution? Is there any household product
that will unclog the holes in the juicer screen? I've been unable to
find this addressed anywhere on the Web.

Henry
Old 22-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Charles Demas
Usenet poster

In article ,
Henry wrote:
I have a Champion juicer. The holes in the screen get clogged with
material that does not come loose with routine washing, scrubbing or
even soaking. The only thing that seems to work is to clean the
screen hole by hole with a pin--not at all practical.

Does anyone have a better solution? Is there any household product
that will unclog the holes in the juicer screen? I've been unable to
find this addressed anywhere on the Web.

Just a guess, no real experience:

Ice or table salt. You might also try baking soda.

Ice works for cleaning garbage dispozers.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,
Old 23-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Jennifer Johnston
Usenet poster

I recommend a toothbrush -- I keep one by my sink for the sole purpose of
cleaning my juicer's screen. It works well and makes cleaning a juicer
easy.

Jen

Old 27-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Member

Indeed, we have had a Champion for years and I just noticed 3/4's of the screen holes plugged.

After trying compressed air, which was of almost no benefit, I grabbed a plumber's brush. These are round wrapped steel bristle brushes that plumbers use to clean the insides of copper pipe fittings. Any hardware store has them.

First, scrub the screen with the brush. The brush wires will penetrate the screen and unplug most of the debris. Then, take the brush and roll in around on the screen; this will force the brush wires into the most stubborn remaining debris. I had about 5 holes that were still plugged after this, and these I simply cleaned with a sewing needle.

Using the plumber's brush to clean the screen should only take about 5 minutes or less.

I joined this forum just to post this information and hopefully it will show-up to anyone doing a Goggle search on Champion juicer plugged clogged screen cleaning.

Last edited by chickenfriend : 27-07-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 19-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Member

I recommend a toothbrush

http://www.amovos.info/qinp1.jpg[/img]
http://www.amovos.info/qinp2.jpg[/img]
http://www.amovos.info/qinp3.jpg[/img]

Champion Juicer Accessories -- useful or junk? Mark Thorson General Cooking 1 10-06-2004 07:34 AM
Need juicer recommendation Tanya Quinn Cooking Equipment 1 23-03-2004 11:03 AM
electric juicer hazard Sam Cooking Equipment 7 08-02-2004 10:24 PM
Best Juicer MIKE General Cooking 3 11-11-2003 09:19 AM
best juicer MIKE Cooking Equipment 2 03-11-2003 11:09 PM