TOM KAN PA

Default Any good electric carving knives?

Many years ago we had one. Big, heavy, hard to clean, didn't do that great of a
job.
Now I hear they've greatly improved them.
Any ideas??

Viviane

We've had a Ronson for over 8 years now - that's lasted about 8 years more
than expected. Every now and then we get that "appliance is on it's way out
now" smell then it goes away. It's light to hold and the blades go in the
dishwasher. There are other brands that seem very similar.

"TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> Many years ago we had one. Big, heavy, hard to clean, didn't do that great

of a
> job.
> Now I hear they've greatly improved them.
> Any ideas??

Peter Aitken

"TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> Many years ago we had one. Big, heavy, hard to clean, didn't do that great

of a
> job.
> Now I hear they've greatly improved them.
> Any ideas??

I cannot answer your question, but unless a person has arthritis or some
other disability that makes use of a regular knife difficult, what need is
there for an electric knife?

--
Peter Aitken

mocha

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
. com...
> "TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> > Many years ago we had one. Big, heavy, hard to clean, didn't do that

great
> of a
> > job.
> > Now I hear they've greatly improved them.
> > Any ideas??
> >

> I cannot answer your question, but unless a person has arthritis or some
> other disability that makes use of a regular knife difficult, what need is
> there for an electric knife?
>

> --
> Peter Aitken
>
> Remove the crap from my email address before using.

I actually have an electric carving knife made by Toastmaster for $10 on
sale. They're certainly not heavy, the only thing being that they're pretty
loud during use. The 2 serrated blades pop out like a hand held blender
wisks for easy cleanup. I'm fairly young, less than 30, and don't have
arthritis, but I've used the knife on several occasions, mainly carving up a
turkey/ham, or bread. Since the knife acts as a reciprocating saw, all you
have to do is concentrate on the downward pressure. This relieves you from
having to move the knife in 2 different planes, making your cuts much more
precise and efficient. In other words, your slices can be much thinner and
straight. They are especially useful for cutting bread, since you won't be
mashing the bread in the process. Alton Brown on Good Eats uses his fairly
frequently, and I've followed his lead. Well worth the investement.

JP

TOM KAN PA

<< I cannot answer your question, but unless a person has arthritis or some
other disability that makes use of a regular knife difficult, what need is
there for an electric knife? >>
____Reply Separator_____
As long as there is paper, a pen or pencil, envelopes, stamps and a USPS, what
need is there for electronic email?

Charles Demas

In article > ,
Peter Aitken > wrote:
>"TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
>> Many years ago we had one. Big, heavy, hard to clean, didn't do that great

>of a
>> job.
>> Now I hear they've greatly improved them.
>> Any ideas??
>>

>I cannot answer your question, but unless a person has arthritis or some
>other disability that makes use of a regular knife difficult, what need is
>there for an electric knife?

It makes it easier to cut baklava into uniform pieces.

You cut it before you bake it.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,
| \___/ | http://world.std.com/~cpd
Peter Aitken

"TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> << I cannot answer your question, but unless a person has arthritis or

some
> other disability that makes use of a regular knife difficult, what need is
> there for an electric knife? >>
> ____Reply Separator_____
> As long as there is paper, a pen or pencil, envelopes, stamps and a USPS,

what
> need is there for electronic email?

Totally flawed analogy. Unless, of course, you can show me an electric knife
that is free and hundreds of times faster than a regular knife.

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"Just Another Alias" > wrote in message
> "Peter Aitken" > wrote:
>
> >I cannot answer your question, but unless a person has arthritis or some
> >other disability that makes use of a regular knife difficult, what need

is
> >there for an electric knife?

> If you don't have a hot wire cutting tool, they are very handy for
> cutting the foam inserts inside equipment carrying cases, to custom
> fit to the equipment.

I'll keep that in mind <g>!

--
Peter Aitken

S Viemeister

Peter Aitken wrote:

> "Just Another Alias" > wrote in message
> > "Peter Aitken" > wrote:
> >
> > >I cannot answer your question, but unless a person has arthritis or some
> > >other disability that makes use of a regular knife difficult, what need

> is
> > >there for an electric knife?

> > If you don't have a hot wire cutting tool, they are very handy for
> > cutting the foam inserts inside equipment carrying cases, to custom
> > fit to the equipment.

> I'll keep that in mind <g>!

I use mine to cut foam cushions when I do upholstery.

Sheila

TOM KAN PA

<< Totally flawed analogy. Unless, of course, you can show me an electric knife
that is free and hundreds of times faster than a regular knife. >>
____Reply Separator_____
I don't know where you get your email from, but I do pay for a connection. I
use cable, I could use DSL, or even dial up, but whatever I use, it's not
free!!!

Good knives Zz Yzx Barbecue 59 24-12-2008 03:50 AM
Sharpening Good knives [email protected] Barbecue 4 21-12-2008 12:31 AM
about electric knives?? Skyhooks General Cooking 9 18-04-2007 06:16 AM
Electric carving knife Anthony General Cooking 16 22-03-2006 03:25 AM
Good Knives Berghoff? Tavish Muldoon General Cooking 2 23-09-2004 10:11 PM