Any good electric carving knives?

Old 02-05-2004, 09:58 PM
TOM KAN PA
Usenet poster

Default Any good electric carving knives?

Many years ago we had one. Big, heavy, hard to clean, didn't do that great of a
job.
Now I hear they've greatly improved them.
Any ideas??

Old 03-05-2004, 11:39 AM
Viviane
Usenet poster

We've had a Ronson for over 8 years now - that's lasted about 8 years more
than expected. Every now and then we get that "appliance is on it's way out
now" smell then it goes away. It's light to hold and the blades go in the
dishwasher. There are other brands that seem very similar.

Old 03-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Peter Aitken
Usenet poster

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
Many years ago we had one. Big, heavy, hard to clean, didn't do that great

of a
job.
Now I hear they've greatly improved them.
Any ideas??

I cannot answer your question, but unless a person has arthritis or some
other disability that makes use of a regular knife difficult, what need is
there for an electric knife?

--
Peter Aitken

Old 03-05-2004, 06:53 PM
mocha
Usenet poster

"Peter Aitken" wrote in message
. com...
"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
Many years ago we had one. Big, heavy, hard to clean, didn't do that

great
of a
job.
Now I hear they've greatly improved them.
Any ideas??

I cannot answer your question, but unless a person has arthritis or some
other disability that makes use of a regular knife difficult, what need is
there for an electric knife?

--
Peter Aitken

I actually have an electric carving knife made by Toastmaster for $10 on
sale. They're certainly not heavy, the only thing being that they're pretty
loud during use. The 2 serrated blades pop out like a hand held blender
wisks for easy cleanup. I'm fairly young, less than 30, and don't have
arthritis, but I've used the knife on several occasions, mainly carving up a
turkey/ham, or bread. Since the knife acts as a reciprocating saw, all you
have to do is concentrate on the downward pressure. This relieves you from
having to move the knife in 2 different planes, making your cuts much more
precise and efficient. In other words, your slices can be much thinner and
straight. They are especially useful for cutting bread, since you won't be
mashing the bread in the process. Alton Brown on Good Eats uses his fairly
frequently, and I've followed his lead. Well worth the investement.

JP

Old 03-05-2004, 06:57 PM
TOM KAN PA
Usenet poster

I cannot answer your question, but unless a person has arthritis or some
other disability that makes use of a regular knife difficult, what need is
there for an electric knife?
____Reply Separator_____
As long as there is paper, a pen or pencil, envelopes, stamps and a USPS, what
need is there for electronic email?

Old 03-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Charles Demas
Usenet poster

In article ,
Peter Aitken wrote:
"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
Many years ago we had one. Big, heavy, hard to clean, didn't do that great

of a
job.
Now I hear they've greatly improved them.
Any ideas??

I cannot answer your question, but unless a person has arthritis or some
other disability that makes use of a regular knife difficult, what need is
there for an electric knife?

It makes it easier to cut baklava into uniform pieces.

You cut it before you bake it.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,
Old 04-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Peter Aitken
Usenet poster

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
I cannot answer your question, but unless a person has arthritis or

some
other disability that makes use of a regular knife difficult, what need is
there for an electric knife?
____Reply Separator_____
As long as there is paper, a pen or pencil, envelopes, stamps and a USPS,

what
need is there for electronic email?

Totally flawed analogy. Unless, of course, you can show me an electric knife
that is free and hundreds of times faster than a regular knife.

--
Peter Aitken

Old 04-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Peter Aitken
Usenet poster

"Just Another Alias" wrote in message
"Peter Aitken" wrote:

I cannot answer your question, but unless a person has arthritis or some
other disability that makes use of a regular knife difficult, what need

is
there for an electric knife?

If you don't have a hot wire cutting tool, they are very handy for
cutting the foam inserts inside equipment carrying cases, to custom
fit to the equipment.

I'll keep that in mind g!

--
Peter Aitken

Old 04-05-2004, 02:11 PM
S Viemeister
Usenet poster

"Peter Aitken" wrote:

I cannot answer your question, but unless a person has arthritis or some
other disability that makes use of a regular knife difficult, what need

is
there for an electric knife?

If you don't have a hot wire cutting tool, they are very handy for
cutting the foam inserts inside equipment carrying cases, to custom
fit to the equipment.

I'll keep that in mind g!

I use mine to cut foam cushions when I do upholstery.

Sheila

Old 05-05-2004, 12:00 AM
TOM KAN PA
Usenet poster

Totally flawed analogy. Unless, of course, you can show me an electric knife
that is free and hundreds of times faster than a regular knife.
____Reply Separator_____
I don't know where you get your email from, but I do pay for a connection. I
use cable, I could use DSL, or even dial up, but whatever I use, it's not
free!!!