Default Stainless steel kicthen table good?

Just curious if anyone out ther is using a stainless steel kitchen
island as a "table" to eat off of? If yes...... does it work well and
look ok?

Also..... does anyone just have a regular kitchen table but with
stainless steel top? Is it hard to keep shiny?

Do you recommend against using stainless steel period for any of the
above uses?
Jack Denver

> wrote in message
> Just curious if anyone out ther is using a stainless steel kitchen
> island as a "table" to eat off of? If yes...... does it work well and
> look ok?
>
> Also..... does anyone just have a regular kitchen table but with
> stainless steel top? Is it hard to keep shiny?
>
> Do you recommend against using stainless steel period for any of the
> above uses?

Stainless is a very durable surface but it looks "institutional". It will
also show scratches, fingerprints, etc. so it is tough to maintain if those
kind of cosmetic flaws bother you. OTOH, it is very sanitary and does not
burn, break, etc. Most people can't get past the "prison cafeteria" look and
wan't something with a little more warmth in their home.

Dee Randall

> wrote in message
> Just curious if anyone out ther is using a stainless steel kitchen
> island as a "table" to eat off of? If yes...... does it work well and
> look ok?
>
> Also..... does anyone just have a regular kitchen table but with
> stainless steel top? Is it hard to keep shiny?
>
> Do you recommend against using stainless steel period for any of the
> above uses?

WONDERFUL IDEA! This from a woman approaching 70 and not adverse to new
ideas. It could really fit into a hi-tech kitchen for looks (not
institutional in my mind's eye) it could be useful for any preparation
need, and if you have children or children guests, it would be wonderful for
cleanup. If you have a traditional home, use a tablecloth. Or dress it up
with some fabulous dinnerware and placemats!

If one had such a wonderful table, I would think one wouldn't worry about
keeping it "nice and shiney."

I've talked myself into wanting one!
Dee

> Most people can't get past the "prison cafeteria" look and
>wan't something with a little more warmth in their home.

yeah I agree with you.....after looking at some on the Net they do
look very "institutional"

I was just thinking that for me.... a bachelor.... maybe it would be
easier to keep it clean

>Will last forever, so if you get too tired of it, it makes a great work
>surface for something else.

Well that's a good idea..... could always use it for other purposes

>I've talked myself into wanting one!
>Dee

Hahaha..... OK Dee!

Buy one and tell me how you like it! <sly grin>
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>If you have a traditional home, use a tablecloth.

Keep in mind that stainless steel is really slippery, so if you want to
use a table cloth, get a piece of that cheap stuff to keep throw rugs
from slipping. I think you can also get it at a dollar store for drawer
lining, but is will keep a cotton cloth from sliding off the surface.

>Keep in mind that stainless steel is really slippery, so if you want to
>use a table cloth, get a piece of that cheap stuff to keep throw rugs
>from slipping. I think you can also get it at a dollar store for drawer
>lining, but is will keep a cotton cloth from sliding off the surface.

Well you know that is a good idea!!

It never occurred me to that I could buy a stainless steel table....
BUT put a table cloth on it to dress it up!!

Duh!!!

Why didn't i think of that?! lol

Big thanks!