Michelle

Default Luxury Kitchen Design

I was wondering if anyone out there in the has ever heard of the
celebrity kitchen designer Stephen Rabinowitz?? I want to find out if
it is just a fluke that my mother-in-law knew of him correctly as the
designer of Chef Tell's kitchen that was on TV. He evidently designed
one of Frank Sinatra's kitchens too. I was looking on eBay for
something to give my husband who is a chef and wants to get our home
kitchen redone and it seems like it would be great to have a design
from him. My husband always talks about how kitchens are poorly
designed and how you can't just have Home Depot design your kitchen on
a computer videogame and expect to get a well thought-out design....

I am skeptical to bid because I want this to be a perfect gift.
Although at $300 for hand-drafted design, it seems like I should jump
on it.

This designer evidently gives speeches all over the world about "ill
conceived kitchen designs." It looks like
he will design one person's kitchen in a while as he is in his 60s now
(he studied Frank Lloyd Wright and Aero Saarinan in the 1950s and
onward at Yale I think) and has attained a level of success.

I like how my husband not only would be working with him continually
until he is satisfied with the design but we will use this expensive
gift for a long time, probably many years until we move.

Any thoughts??
Gini

"Michelle" > wrote in message
om...
> I was wondering if anyone out there in the has ever heard of the
> celebrity kitchen designer Stephen Rabinowitz?? I want to find out if
> it is just a fluke that my mother-in-law knew of him correctly as the
> designer of Chef Tell's kitchen that was on TV. He evidently designed
> one of Frank Sinatra's kitchens too. I was looking on eBay for
> something to give my husband who is a chef and wants to get our home
> kitchen redone and it seems like it would be great to have a design
> from him. My husband always talks about how kitchens are poorly
> designed and how you can't just have Home Depot design your kitchen on
> a computer videogame and expect to get a well thought-out design....
>
> I am skeptical to bid because I want this to be a perfect gift.
> Although at $300 for hand-drafted design, it seems like I should jump
> on it.

> This designer evidently gives speeches all over the world about "ill
> conceived kitchen designs." It looks like
> he will design one person's kitchen in a while as he is in his 60s now
> (he studied Frank Lloyd Wright and Aero Saarinan in the 1950s and
> onward at Yale I think) and has attained a level of success.
>
> I like how my husband not only would be working with him continually
> until he is satisfied with the design but we will use this expensive
> gift for a long time, probably many years until we move.
>
> Any thoughts??

===
Just one:
Didn't you post these same eBay auction links to
rec.gambling poker, rec.music.marketplace.misc, alt.fan.frank-sinatra, and
rec.food.cooking?
==
==

S Viemeister

Gini wrote:

> "Michelle" > wrote in message
> > Any thoughts??

> ===
> Just one:
> Didn't you post these same eBay auction links to
> rec.gambling poker, rec.music.marketplace.misc, alt.fan.frank-sinatra, and
> rec.food.cooking?

Also to one of the UK food groups.

Michelle

Yes. Do you have an issue with that? Because they might have
something good to say too. In fact, they did!!

"Gini" > wrote in message >...
> "Michelle" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I was wondering if anyone out there in the has ever heard of the
> > celebrity kitchen designer Stephen Rabinowitz?? I want to find out if
> > it is just a fluke that my mother-in-law knew of him correctly as the
> > designer of Chef Tell's kitchen that was on TV. He evidently designed
> > one of Frank Sinatra's kitchens too. I was looking on eBay for
> > something to give my husband who is a chef and wants to get our home
> > kitchen redone and it seems like it would be great to have a design
> > from him. My husband always talks about how kitchens are poorly
> > designed and how you can't just have Home Depot design your kitchen on
> > a computer videogame and expect to get a well thought-out design....
> >
> > I am skeptical to bid because I want this to be a perfect gift.
> > Although at $300 for hand-drafted design, it seems like I should jump
> > on it.
> >

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=23646430 64
> >
> > This designer evidently gives speeches all over the world about "ill
> > conceived kitchen designs." It looks like
> > he will design one person's kitchen in a while as he is in his 60s now
> > (he studied Frank Lloyd Wright and Aero Saarinan in the 1950s and
> > onward at Yale I think) and has attained a level of success.
> >
> > I like how my husband not only would be working with him continually
> > until he is satisfied with the design but we will use this expensive
> > gift for a long time, probably many years until we move.
> >
> > Any thoughts??

> ===
> Just one:
> Didn't you post these same eBay auction links to
> rec.gambling poker, rec.music.marketplace.misc, alt.fan.frank-sinatra, and
> rec.food.cooking?
> ==
> ==

Don Wiss

On 6 Dec 2003 18:06:44 -0800, (Michelle) wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone out there in the has ever heard of the
>celebrity kitchen designer Stephen Rabinowitz?? I want to find out if
>it is just a fluke that my mother-in-law knew of him correctly as the
>designer of Chef Tell's kitchen that was on TV. He evidently designed
>one of Frank Sinatra's kitchens too. I was looking on eBay for
>something to give my husband who is a chef and wants to get our home
>kitchen redone and it seems like it would be great to have a design
>from him. My husband always talks about how kitchens are poorly
>designed and how you can't just have Home Depot design your kitchen on
>a computer videogame and expect to get a well thought-out design....

Why is it a fluke that your mother-in-law heard of him? In a post to
rec.gambling.poker you wrote:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain

"My husband's ex-wife spent about $155,000 upgrading her kitchen and
one medium-sized bathroom with designs by Rabinowitz and cabinetry
from Poggenpohl."

Then in this post:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain
You are spamvertizing both the kitchen design and a signed blueprint of
Frank's kitchen.

Considering that your Yahoo account first appeared a couple of weeks ago,
you are not using your full name, and you used google to post, all evidence
is you are just spamming this auction to get the price up.

Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

Gini

"Michelle" > wrote in message
om...
> Yes. Do you have an issue with that?

==
Ebay does--Spamming newsgroups with eBay
auction listings violates eBay's TOU and could
get your auctions and accounts closed down. Now,
you really don't expect us to believe you have no
connections to these auctions do you?
==
==

> "Gini" > wrote

<Michelle's spammed eBay auction links removed>

> > ===
> > Just one:
> > Didn't you post these same eBay auction links to
> > rec.gambling poker, rec.music.marketplace.misc, alt.fan.frank-sinatra,

and
> > rec.food.cooking?
> > ==
> > ==

Vox Humana

"Michelle" > wrote in message
om...
> I was wondering if anyone out there in the has ever heard of the
> celebrity kitchen designer Stephen Rabinowitz?? I want to find out if
> it is just a fluke that my mother-in-law knew of him correctly as the
> designer of Chef Tell's kitchen that was on TV. He evidently designed
> one of Frank Sinatra's kitchens too. I was looking on eBay for
> something to give my husband who is a chef and wants to get our home
> kitchen redone and it seems like it would be great to have a design
> from him. My husband always talks about how kitchens are poorly
> designed and how you can't just have Home Depot design your kitchen on
> a computer videogame and expect to get a well thought-out design....
>
> I am skeptical to bid because I want this to be a perfect gift.
> Although at $300 for hand-drafted design, it seems like I should jump
> on it.

> This designer evidently gives speeches all over the world about "ill
> conceived kitchen designs." It looks like
> he will design one person's kitchen in a while as he is in his 60s now
> (he studied Frank Lloyd Wright and Aero Saarinan in the 1950s and
> onward at Yale I think) and has attained a level of success.
>
> I like how my husband not only would be working with him continually
> until he is satisfied with the design but we will use this expensive
> gift for a long time, probably many years until we move.
>
> Any thoughts??

Aside from the fact that you have been busted for spamming, there are a few
obvious points to be made.
1) A bunch of money doesn't necessarily equal a good kitchen. Luxury
doesn't necessarily equal function.
2) Just because a dead celebrity had a kitchen designed by someone doesn't
make the designer competent
3) If you are too stupid to do a Google search for this person then any
advice given here would most like fall on deaf ears
4) One doesn't look on Ebay for a kitchen design for a professional chef
just as one wouldn't look on Ebay for a house design for an architect.
5 Home Depot can only translate your wishes into a design. If your husband
can't tell if the design is good either he didn't communicate with Home
Depot or he doesn't know a good or bad design when he sees one.
6) That someone gives speeches about dysfunction doesn't make him an expert
on function and probably is the type of person who talks better than he
produces. Remember, anyone with a box of slides who is 50 miles from home
is automatically considered an "expert."
7) Many of Frank Lloyd Wrights homes were poorly designed and dysfunctional.
They were an architectural statement about the structure's relationship to
the land. Falling Water nearly fell into Bear Run. The Johnson Wax
building leaks like a sieve.
8) No one with any potential would do a kitchen design for a set fee (sight
unseen) and then devote unlimited time "working continually [with your
husband] until he is satisfied with the design."

Don Wiss

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 00:49:45 GMT, "Vox Humana" > wrote:

>1) A bunch of money doesn't necessarily equal a good kitchen. Luxury
>doesn't necessarily equal function.

Yes.

When I get around to redoing my kitchen I have decided to use Pennville
Cabinetry. Their local dealer was too busy to work up a preliminary design.
So I biked over to Bay Ridge and asked High End Remodeling to sketch one
up. I did tell him I was interested in a practical kitchen. And that I
wanted a cabinet to store brooms and a step stool, and a microwave recessed
into the cabinets near the refrigerator. He sends me a sketch. First he
left out those two items. They didn't fit into the symmetry. Then, as he
wanted the stove to be exactly centered on the wall, he put two 6" base
cabinets on each side of the stove. He suggested that I use one for wine
storage, and the other as a spice cabinet. Needless to say I never got back
to him, and never will. High End Remodeling may be high end, but he knows
nothing about food and cooking.

Don <donwiss at panix.com>.
Skatty05

I would think that the joy of having a kitchen remodeled would be designing it
yourself. Since my husband is a remodeling contractor, I had seen a lot of
kitchens and product guides and had a good idea what I wanted and didn't want.
Some of the things I put in our kitchen:

- lower cabinets with shelves that slide out
- two sinks, two microwaves, double oven
- two refrigerators, but the other one is in the utility room
- extra wide counters so that the refrigerator doesn't stick out
- deep sinks with nice faucets

The only thing I wish I had done differently was swap where the fridge and oven
are located. It is much more pleasing to look at an oven, but my fridge is
what you see when you come in the kitchen
Michael

"Skatty05" > wrote in message
> I would think that the joy of having a kitchen remodeled would be

designing it
> yourself. Since my husband is a remodeling contractor, I had seen a lot

of
> kitchens and product guides and had a good idea what I wanted and didn't

want.
> Some of the things I put in our kitchen:
>
> - lower cabinets with shelves that slide out
> - two sinks, two microwaves, double oven
> - two refrigerators, but the other one is in the utility room
> - extra wide counters so that the refrigerator doesn't stick out
> - deep sinks with nice faucets
>
> The only thing I wish I had done differently was swap where the fridge and

oven
> are located. It is much more pleasing to look at an oven, but my fridge

is
> what you see when you come in the kitchen

Since we have now gotten away from the original spammer...a few items we put
into our new kitchen for the group's info.
-pot filler faucet (faucets.com for about $135)
-using a tile mural backdrop to the range.
-we had an awkward six inch space to make up in a few places in the kitchen
so we had small fold down step ladders built into the cabinets. My wife is
4'11" so these come in real handy for her. They fold up, become hidden when
not in use and we don't need a step stool in the kitchen anymore.
-dirt colored (well you know what I mean) tiles for flooring for the obvious
reasons
-greenhouse window insert for herbs
-ceiling fan
-two pantries (one for food and one for equipment)

Michelle

Hey... Michelle here. As a grad student nearing completion of a
master's in psychology at an Ivy League school, I thought I had seen,
or at least read, of it all. I _thought_ I could predict behavior
well. But, some responses on this group have really shocked me;
people seem to be looking for whatever they accused me of. I was not
"spamming" as some posited, but was just asking for some valuable
advice and opinions of people more educated than I in the food field.

Anyway, have a good time y'all.. I'll never post again, if that's
what you want. Sheesh!

Michelle

"Michael" > wrote in message >...
> "Skatty05" > wrote in message
> > I would think that the joy of having a kitchen remodeled would be

> designing it
> > yourself. Since my husband is a remodeling contractor, I had seen a lot

> of
> > kitchens and product guides and had a good idea what I wanted and didn't

> want.
> > Some of the things I put in our kitchen:
> >
> > - lower cabinets with shelves that slide out
> > - two sinks, two microwaves, double oven
> > - two refrigerators, but the other one is in the utility room
> > - extra wide counters so that the refrigerator doesn't stick out
> > - deep sinks with nice faucets
> >
> > The only thing I wish I had done differently was swap where the fridge and

> oven
> > are located. It is much more pleasing to look at an oven, but my fridge

> is
> > what you see when you come in the kitchen

> Since we have now gotten away from the original spammer...a few items we put
> into our new kitchen for the group's info.
> -pot filler faucet (faucets.com for about $135)
> -using a tile mural backdrop to the range.
> -we had an awkward six inch space to make up in a few places in the kitchen
> so we had small fold down step ladders built into the cabinets. My wife is
> 4'11" so these come in real handy for her. They fold up, become hidden when
> not in use and we don't need a step stool in the kitchen anymore.
> -dirt colored (well you know what I mean) tiles for flooring for the obvious
> reasons
> -greenhouse window insert for herbs
> -ceiling fan
> -two pantries (one for food and one for equipment)

Vox Humana

"Michelle" > wrote in message
om...
> Hey... Michelle here. As a grad student nearing completion of a
> master's in psychology at an Ivy League school, I thought I had seen,
> or at least read, of it all. I _thought_ I could predict behavior
> well. But, some responses on this group have really shocked me;
> people seem to be looking for whatever they accused me of. I was not
> "spamming" as some posited, but was just asking for some valuable
> advice and opinions of people more educated than I in the food field.
>
> Anyway, have a good time y'all.. I'll never post again, if that's
> what you want. Sheesh!

What Ivy League schools are in Atlanta? I suppose that if we had known you
were so important, no one would have called you on your lie.

Don Wiss

On 08 Dec 2003, Michael > wrote:

>Since we have now gotten away from the original spammer...

But we are right on with the thread subject.

>-using a tile mural backdrop to the range.

A while back there was a discussion of a glass block window behind the
range. With a sheet of fireproof glass in front. I like it.

>-we had an awkward six inch space to make up in a few places in the kitchen
>so we had small fold down step ladders built into the cabinets. My wife is
>4'11" so these come in real handy for her. They fold up, become hidden when
>not in use and we don't need a step stool in the kitchen anymore.

Definitely in the unique category. Very creative.

>-dirt colored (well you know what I mean) tiles for flooring for the obvious
>reasons

I want cork. I want the resiliency. Dirt color is a choice.

>-greenhouse window insert for herbs

Yes. They have the cheap ones that stick on the outside wall. Then there is
the custom built window that fits into the wall. Maybe three times more
expensive. See them he http://www.renaissance-online.com/index3.htm

Don <donwiss at panix.com>.
Gini

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Michelle" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hey... Michelle here. As a grad student nearing completion of a
> > master's in psychology at an Ivy League school, I thought I had seen,
> > or at least read, of it all. I _thought_ I could predict behavior
> > well. But, some responses on this group have really shocked me;
> > people seem to be looking for whatever they accused me of. I was not
> > "spamming" as some posited, but was just asking for some valuable
> > advice and opinions of people more educated than I in the food field.
> >
> > Anyway, have a good time y'all.. I'll never post again, if that's
> > what you want. Sheesh!
> >

> What Ivy League schools are in Atlanta? I suppose that if we had known

you
> were so important, no one would have called you on your lie.

==
:-) Ya gotta give her credit--She's persistent.
==
==

Skatty05

>..a few items we put
>into our new kitchen for the group's info.

Is your kitchen already built?
Vox Humana

"Gini" > wrote in message

> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Michelle" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Hey... Michelle here. As a grad student nearing completion of a
> > > master's in psychology at an Ivy League school, I thought I had seen,
> > > or at least read, of it all. I _thought_ I could predict behavior
> > > well. But, some responses on this group have really shocked me;
> > > people seem to be looking for whatever they accused me of. I was not
> > > "spamming" as some posited, but was just asking for some valuable
> > > advice and opinions of people more educated than I in the food field.
> > >
> > > Anyway, have a good time y'all.. I'll never post again, if that's
> > > what you want. Sheesh!
> > >

> > What Ivy League schools are in Atlanta? I suppose that if we had known

> you
> > were so important, no one would have called you on your lie.

> ==
> :-) Ya gotta give her credit--She's persistent.

I think that her choice of psychology is sort of ironic!

Debbie Deutsch

"Vox Humana" > wrote in
:

> "Gini" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Michelle" > wrote in message
>> > om...

>> > What Ivy League schools are in Atlanta? I suppose that if we had
>> > known

>> you
>> > were so important, no one would have called you on your lie.

>> ==
>> :-) Ya gotta give her credit--She's persistent.

> I think that her choice of psychology is sort of ironic!

The chance that she's a psych student may be equal to the chance that she
is at an Ivy League school in Atlanta.

BTW - good sleuthing, Vox!

Debbie

--
Anti-spam advisory: The email address used to post this article is a
throw-away address. It will be invalidated and replaced with another if
Bliss

I don't know if Michelle is real or not with respect to the kitchen
design issue, but the smart-alec comments about her degree credential
are not evidence of anything but ignorance of graduate education. It
is the rare graduate student who spends their entire education at
their home campus. Two examples personal to me, my own ex-husband was
a doctoral student in psychology at Cornell but spent only two years
in Ithaca altough it took him five to finish the degree. My daughter
is a law student at Cornell but spent this semester in New York City
doing an internship. Most junior faculty members at colleges
throughout the US haven't finished their degrees at the home campus,
including Ivy League universities, but have to work in order to live
so they could very well be sending email from a different instiution
altogether. Its an irrelevant issue, frankly.

Debbie Deutsch > wrote in message .71.230>...
> "Vox Humana" > wrote in
> :

> you

> ==
> >> :-) Ya gotta give her credit--She's persistent.

> > I think that her choice of psychology is sort of ironic!
> >

> The chance that she's a psych student may be equal to the chance that she
> is at an Ivy League school in Atlanta.
>
> BTW - good sleuthing, Vox!
>
> Debbie

Debbie Deutsch

(Bliss) wrote in
om:

> I don't know if Michelle is real or not with respect to the kitchen
> design issue, but the smart-alec comments about her degree credential
> are not evidence of anything but ignorance of graduate education. It
> is the rare graduate student who spends their entire education at
> their home campus. Two examples personal to me, my own ex-husband was
> a doctoral student in psychology at Cornell but spent only two years
> in Ithaca altough it took him five to finish the degree. My daughter
> is a law student at Cornell but spent this semester in New York City
> doing an internship. Most junior faculty members at colleges
> throughout the US haven't finished their degrees at the home campus,
> including Ivy League universities, but have to work in order to live
> so they could very well be sending email from a different instiution
> altogether. Its an irrelevant issue, frankly.

Anyone who claims to be thinking about buying a "luxury kitchen design"
for her husband probably is not in the situation of having to "work in
order to live". Besides which, she claimed she was "a grad student
nearing completion of a master's in psychology at an Ivy League school".
That does not sound like someone who has taken a break from school in
order to make ends meet, either. The email was sent via Cox (a cable
company) in Atlanta. So it was not sent from "a different institution
altogether" as you suggest. With the very strong possibility that she
was lying about spamming, why shouldn't she also be lying about being a
student?

The Internet is full of people who use the anonymity to take advantage of
others. It pays to be on guard.

Vox Humana

"Bliss" > wrote in message
om...
> I don't know if Michelle is real or not with respect to the kitchen
> design issue, but the smart-alec comments about her degree credential
> are not evidence of anything but ignorance of graduate education. It
> is the rare graduate student who spends their entire education at
> their home campus. Two examples personal to me, my own ex-husband was
> a doctoral student in psychology at Cornell but spent only two years
> in Ithaca altough it took him five to finish the degree. My daughter
> is a law student at Cornell but spent this semester in New York City
> doing an internship. Most junior faculty members at colleges
> throughout the US haven't finished their degrees at the home campus,
> including Ivy League universities, but have to work in order to live
> so they could very well be sending email from a different instiution
> altogether. Its an irrelevant issue, frankly.

So, you are saying that a person can enroll in an "Ivy League" school, but
take most of their classes at XYZ State University and still claim to be a
student at Harvard? Had I only known. I could have spent a semester at
Yale and the other seven-plus years at Ohio State and claimed to have an Ivy
League education.

Michael

"Skatty05" > wrote in message
> >..a few items we put
> >into our new kitchen for the group's info.

> Is your kitchen already built?

Actually the whole house is new, well two years old anyway.

Building a house...put a hot water tap outside, washing the dog or your car
in cold weather is easier.

Use Trex or something like it for your deck material. No splinters.

Vox Humana

"Debbie Deutsch" > wrote in message
. 97.132...
> (Bliss) wrote in
> om:
>
> > I don't know if Michelle is real or not with respect to the kitchen
> > design issue, but the smart-alec comments about her degree credential
> > are not evidence of anything but ignorance of graduate education. It
> > is the rare graduate student who spends their entire education at
> > their home campus. Two examples personal to me, my own ex-husband was
> > a doctoral student in psychology at Cornell but spent only two years
> > in Ithaca altough it took him five to finish the degree. My daughter
> > is a law student at Cornell but spent this semester in New York City
> > doing an internship. Most junior faculty members at colleges
> > throughout the US haven't finished their degrees at the home campus,
> > including Ivy League universities, but have to work in order to live
> > so they could very well be sending email from a different instiution
> > altogether. Its an irrelevant issue, frankly.
> >

> Anyone who claims to be thinking about buying a "luxury kitchen design"
> for her husband probably is not in the situation of having to "work in
> order to live". Besides which, she claimed she was "a grad student
> nearing completion of a master's in psychology at an Ivy League school".
> That does not sound like someone who has taken a break from school in
> order to make ends meet, either. The email was sent via Cox (a cable
> company) in Atlanta. So it was not sent from "a different institution
> altogether" as you suggest. With the very strong possibility that she
> was lying about spamming, why shouldn't she also be lying about being a
> student?
>
> The Internet is full of people who use the anonymity to take advantage of
> others. It pays to be on guard.

People who find themselves in a financial crunch and have to switch schools
should call themselves "former Ivy League" students. For instance,
Michelle could have said "I was an Ivy League student, but am now attending
classes at Cobb County Community College." I agree with you in that it
probably a weak attempt to save face and posture.

Gini

"Debbie Deutsch" > wrote in message
. 97.132...
> (Bliss) wrote in
> om:
>
> > I don't know if Michelle is real or not with respect to the kitchen
> > design issue, but the smart-alec comments about her degree credential
> > are not evidence of anything but ignorance of graduate education. It
> > is the rare graduate student who spends their entire education at
> > their home campus. Two examples personal to me, my own ex-husband was
> > a doctoral student in psychology at Cornell but spent only two years
> > in Ithaca altough it took him five to finish the degree. My daughter
> > is a law student at Cornell but spent this semester in New York City
> > doing an internship. Most junior faculty members at colleges
> > throughout the US haven't finished their degrees at the home campus,
> > including Ivy League universities, but have to work in order to live
> > so they could very well be sending email from a different instiution
> > altogether. Its an irrelevant issue, frankly.
> >

> Anyone who claims to be thinking about buying a "luxury kitchen design"
> for her husband probably is not in the situation of having to "work in
> order to live". Besides which, she claimed she was "a grad student
> nearing completion of a master's in psychology at an Ivy League school".
> That does not sound like someone who has taken a break from school in
> order to make ends meet, either. The email was sent via Cox (a cable
> company) in Atlanta. So it was not sent from "a different institution
> altogether" as you suggest. With the very strong possibility that she
> was lying about spamming, why shouldn't she also be lying about being a
> student?
>
> The Internet is full of people who use the anonymity to take advantage of
> others. It pays to be on guard.

==
Precisely. The bottom line is that she spammed Usenet with her eBay auctions
, posting
links in about 25 newsgroups, with varying excuses as to why they were
relevant to the group
--in one claiming that she thought a new kitchen might help her depression.
Regardless of her
degree, that she was "shocked" that people called her on her spam indicates
she isn't as smart as
she thought she was and we aren't as dumb as she thought we were.
==
==

Don Wiss

On 09 Dec 2003, Michael > wrote:

>Use Trex or something like it for your deck material. No splinters.

I used IPC, a tropical hardwood. No splinters. But more expensive than the
fake woods.

Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

Kenneth

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 19:19:04 -0500, Don Wiss >
wrote:

>I used IPC

Did you mean ipe?

--