Rival electric slicer manual

Old 09-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Cymru Llewes
Usenet poster

Default Rival electric slicer manual

Does anyone have a manual for an older Rival electric slicer? We seem to
be missing a piece or two and can't tell by looking at the machine what
is missing. We have the stand, motor, blade, slide, hand protector, and
most of what holds the blade in place. Rival's website doesn't have
a manual and a google search failed turn up anything more than sites
asking for the manual.

Thanks
--
Cymru Llewes
Caer Llewys
Old 12-10-2003, 04:31 PM
limey
Usenet poster

"Cymru Llewes" wrote in message
Does anyone have a manual for an older Rival electric slicer? We seem to
be missing a piece or two and can't tell by looking at the machine what
is missing. We have the stand, motor, blade, slide, hand protector, and
most of what holds the blade in place. Rival's website doesn't have
a manual and a google search failed turn up anything more than sites
asking for the manual.

I have a Rival food slicer which is quite a number of years old - Model
1101E. Some years ago, I lost the original "Instruction and Idea Book", so
called them on the phone for a replacement. The little manual cites a
Customer Relations Department phone: 1-800-624-4693. The numbers I called
were (Kansas City) 1-816-861-1000, with Parts and Service being
1-816-826-6600. Perhaps one of those numbers can help.

If my model matches yours, or if you have
Model 1030V, let me know and I can list the parts of the slicer(s). In that
way, you can see if anything is missing. I'd scan and e-mail to you, but
the print is so tiny I'm not sure it would reproduce well.
Good luck!

Dora

Thanks
--
Cymru Llewes
Caer Llewys

Old 12-10-2003, 05:28 PM
Steve Calvin
Usenet poster

limey wrote:

"Cymru Llewes" wrote in message

Does anyone have a manual for an older Rival electric slicer? We seem to
be missing a piece or two and can't tell by looking at the machine what
is missing. We have the stand, motor, blade, slide, hand protector, and
most of what holds the blade in place. Rival's website doesn't have
a manual and a google search failed turn up anything more than sites
asking for the manual.

I don't have a manual for mine (well, once upon a time I did) but you
shouldn't really need it. It sounds to me like you have most all of
the parts. The only thing that you didn't mention is the plastic
screw-on that holds the blade on. I won't post it here, but I can
mail you a pic. of the parts if you'd like.

--
Steve

Old 13-10-2003, 10:20 PM
Cymru Llewes
Usenet poster

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:31:45 -0400, limey wrote:
I have a Rival food slicer which is quite a number of years old - Model
1101E. Some years ago, I lost the original "Instruction and Idea Book", so
called them on the phone for a replacement. The little manual cites a
Customer Relations Department phone: 1-800-624-4693. The numbers I called
were (Kansas City) 1-816-861-1000, with Parts and Service being
1-816-826-6600. Perhaps one of those numbers can help.

If my model matches yours, or if you have
Model 1030V, let me know and I can list the parts of the slicer(s). In that
way, you can see if anything is missing. I'd scan and e-mail to you, but
the print is so tiny I'm not sure it would reproduce well.
Good luck!

Dora

Model 1101E/3 (I dug it back out from the bottom cupboard and looked at
the motor housing.) I think that we'll call Rival tomorrow morning and ask
them to send us a manual.

Thanks
--
Cymru Llewes
Caer Llewys
Old 14-10-2003, 01:22 AM
limey
Usenet poster

"Cymru Llewes" wrote in message
news
[...]

If you're unsuccessful in getting a manual, get back to me and I'll see what
I can reproduce.

Dora
limey at toad dot net