wff_ng_6

Default New Knives - What will they think of next?

Got a new catalog from chefscatalog.com recently. In it they are selling
some new knives endorsed by Rachael Ray. In the endorsement she says:

"The Füri Rachael Ray Coppertail is the ONLY knife I've seen that features a
counter-balancing copper insert in the handle. The copper insert in the
handle can be shaved down to reduce the wieght of the handle and rebalance
the knife over time!"

This is even better than the gadgets from Ronco!

What I want to know, is Rachael a total airhead, or will she say anything
for a buck?

Matthew L. Martin

wff_ng_6 wrote:
> Got a new catalog from chefscatalog.com recently. In it they are selling
> some new knives endorsed by Rachael Ray. In the endorsement she says:
>
> "The Füri Rachael Ray Coppertail is the ONLY knife I've seen that features a
> counter-balancing copper insert in the handle. The copper insert in the
> handle can be shaved down to reduce the wieght of the handle and rebalance
> the knife over time!"
>
> This is even better than the gadgets from Ronco!
>
> What I want to know, is Rachael a total airhead, or will she say anything
> for a buck?

No worse than most, IMHO.

If your BS meter is clanging, don't buy. Other than that, caveat emptor.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Peter Aitken

"wff_ng_6" > wrote in message
> Got a new catalog from chefscatalog.com recently. In it they are selling
> some new knives endorsed by Rachael Ray. In the endorsement she says:
>
> "The Füri Rachael Ray Coppertail is the ONLY knife I've seen that features
> a counter-balancing copper insert in the handle. The copper insert in the
> handle can be shaved down to reduce the wieght of the handle and rebalance
> the knife over time!"
>
> This is even better than the gadgets from Ronco!
>
> What I want to know, is Rachael a total airhead, or will she say anything
> for a buck?

Both.

--
Peter Aitken

Edwin Pawlowski

"wff_ng_6" > wrote in message

> Got a new catalog from chefscatalog.com recently. In it they are selling
> some new knives endorsed by Rachael Ray. In the endorsement she says:
>
> "The Füri Rachael Ray Coppertail is the ONLY knife I've seen that features
> a counter-balancing copper insert in the handle. The copper insert in the
> handle can be shaved down to reduce the wieght of the handle and rebalance
> the knife over time!"

In theory, every time you sharpen a knife you remove material from the
blade. After 70 years or so, you may have removed enough to throw the
balance off a bit. After 100 years, it may no longer feel comfortable in
your hand. Wow, that is some reach by an ad writer.

> What I want to know, is Rachael a total airhead, or will she say anything
> for a buck?

Yes. She's kind of cut in very short doses and a low cut blouse though.

Peter Aitken

"Marcio" > wrote in message
> "Peter Aitken" > wrote:
>
>>"wff_ng_6" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> What I want to know, is Rachael a total airhead, or will she say
>>> anything
>>> for a buck?

>>Both.

> I was thinking about this for a day, and I still don't understand why
> you think she is an airhead. I went to Amazon to look at this knife
> and it's one of Amazon's top sellers. It seems to me she might be
> getting rich endorsing things like that, but both of you are saying
> she is a total airhead. To me, no matter how stupid the product is,
> if anyone could be an airhead, it would be the ones buying the
> product, not the ones getting rich selling it. I don't know the woman
> as I don't watch her show. Care to explain?

It has nothing to do with her endorsing this product. If you watched her
show you would know why she is considered an airhead.

--
Peter Aitken

Ward Abbott

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:47:09 -0500, sd > wrote:

>It's a mystery to me that that woman keeps a
>cooking show.

doing the exec producer and the sous chef?

People watch soap operas every day for years and that doesn't make any
useful sense to time either.

Karen

sd wrote:
> In article >,
> "Peter Aitken" > wrote:
>

>>It has nothing to do with her endorsing this product. If you watched her
>>show you would know why she is considered an airhead.

> I beg to differ. Rachael Ray listened too closely when they told her
> to amp up her personality, and I think she's way too easy to please
> when it comes to food (which helps explain why meals on $40 a Day
> never fail to -- um -- satisfy her). But she's got a cooking-related
> skill and, when she tones down the gigglin' an' the dropped g's, can
> relate successfully to people.
>
> Now if you want something airheaded, check out Sandra Lee's
> "Semi-Homemade". It's a mystery to me that that woman keeps a
> cooking show.
>
> sd

I saw Rachael Ray on "Late Show with David Letterman" one night and she
was actually pretty funny and not that annoying. She's less annoying on
her $40-a-day show than she is on her 30-Minute Meals show, that's for
sure. She's just WAY TOO PERKY on that show! I swear, if I hear
"E-V-O-O" one more time I'm going to scream. It would be OK, I guess,
if she just said "E-V-O-O" but she ALWAYS follows that with "extra
virgin olive oil". Hello?! What's the point in abbreviating if you are
just going to say it the long way right afterward? AAAAHHHHH!!!! I
used to watch the show fairly regularly but I just got to the point
where I couldn't stand her TV persona anymore. Instead I just check out
her recipes online every now and then.

I agree with you about Sandra Lee. Unlike Rachael Ray, who has too much
personality, Sandra Lee has little to none.

Karen B.

MAC Knives Bob (this one) General Cooking 5 07-09-2006 12:38 PM
Mac knives modom General Cooking 31 28-05-2006 04:54 PM
Best set of knives? [email protected] General Cooking 11 29-12-2005 01:57 AM
Knives & Fry Pan ? Serendipity General Cooking 10 23-05-2005 02:41 PM
Knives A. L. Shaw Cooking Equipment 17 08-01-2005 07:03 AM