Mellyn

Default Beware Maytag #MDB Dishwashers

We purchased a Maytag dishwasher model #MDB9750AWS from Sears on
January 27, 2005. Sears installed it sometime around the end of
February. Two months later, the little wheel that supports the middle
shelf on the rack roller rail broke. It is a small, weak piece of
plastic. To replace a piece of plastic slightly larger than a pea
requires the whole middle shelf to be replaced, so the repairman orders
it and then must come back 10 days later to install the shelf.

Today at the beginning of October, I am waiting for the repairman for
the THIRD time in eight months. This dishwasher is not even a year old
and I have had to stay home three separate times for the exact same
thing to be repaired.

I have called Maytag to complain that this is an under-engineered,
defective design and they should either issue a recall or a replacement
part for a piece of plastic that is too weak to support dishes. My
plates are bone china, not lead, and it cannot withstand their weight.
I have so far received no satisfaction on this front.

I expect this part to continue breaking at its current rate of every
two to three months. Since I am already burdened with this dishwasher
I wanted to help prevent others from buying this junk.

Capri

Sorry to hear about you problem. We shopped exclusively at sears for
our appliances for many years and always recieved what we felt was
pretty good quality and excellent service. However a few years a go we
made another move and again went to Sears and purchased a new Stove,
Refrig, Washer, Dryer and a few other items. The stove was never
installed correctly. Had problems with the washer and dryer which took
months to get resolved. I cut up our sears credit card and took it
back to the store where we made the purchases. I finally found the
store manager and let him know how disapointed I was with the quality
and especially the service we had recieved and gave him back our card
which we had had for nearly 30 years. Thanks for the warning about
Sears, I hope you get your problem resolved.

DawnK

"Capri" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Sorry to hear about you problem. We shopped exclusively at sears for
> our appliances for many years and always recieved what we felt was
> pretty good quality and excellent service. However a few years a go we
> made another move and again went to Sears and purchased a new Stove,
> Refrig, Washer, Dryer and a few other items. The stove was never
> installed correctly. Had problems with the washer and dryer which took
> months to get resolved. I cut up our sears credit card and took it
> back to the store where we made the purchases. I finally found the
> store manager and let him know how disapointed I was with the quality
> and especially the service we had recieved and gave him back our card
> which we had had for nearly 30 years. Thanks for the warning about
> Sears, I hope you get your problem resolved.

That's why we buy appliances from the furniture/appliance store that has
been in business nearly forever! Any issues are resolved quickly and free
delivery/pickup isn't bad, either!

Dawn

Mike Berger

You buy your appliances from a store that's been in business
longer than Sears?!

DawnK wrote:

> That's why we buy appliances from the furniture/appliance store that has
> been in business nearly forever! Any issues are resolved quickly and free
> delivery/pickup isn't bad, either!

DawnK

"Mike Berger" > wrote in message
> You buy your appliances from a store that's been in business
> longer than Sears?!
>
> DawnK wrote:
>>
>> That's why we buy appliances from the furniture/appliance store that has
>> been in business nearly forever! Any issues are resolved quickly and
>> free delivery/pickup isn't bad, either!

Well, ok, maybe not longer than Sears, but since 1922!

http://www.wisinfo.com/sheboyganpres...er_Neumann.pdf

Dawn