Don Wiss

Default Counter top height?

I believe the standard counter top height in the US is 36". But what is it
in other parts of the world? I can't believe that in the metric countries
it is an odd number like 0.9144 meters.

When the counter has stools at it and it is mainly used for eating, do
people still make them 36" high?

tom

I wonder how many countries have standards for such a thing? Tom

Don Wiss

On 4 Oct 2005 18:16:14 -0700, tom > wrote:

>I wonder how many countries have standards for such a thing? Tom

Okay. Let me call it conventions.

LRod

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 21:05:34 -0400, Don Wiss >
wrote:

>I believe the standard counter top height in the US is 36". But what is it
>in other parts of the world? I can't believe that in the metric countries
>it is an odd number like 0.9144 meters.

It's more likely on the order of 90 cm and the backwards "english"
countries just round up.

>When the counter has stools at it and it is mainly used for eating, do
>people still make them 36" high?

A bar is typically 42" high.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

dadiOH

Don Wiss wrote:
> I believe the standard counter top height in the US is 36". But what
> is it in other parts of the world?

I have no idea but I'm sure glad you mentioned this...counter height has
been a pet peeve with me for years.

I made all my counters 37 1/2". Not much more than the usual 36"
kitchen height but it does make a difference. And it makes a *huge*
difference with bathroom counters...no more aching back from having to
bend over.

The height works for my 5'2" wife too.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Peter Aitken

"Don Wiss" > wrote in message
>I believe the standard counter top height in the US is 36". But what is it
> in other parts of the world? I can't believe that in the metric countries
> it is an odd number like 0.9144 meters.
>
> When the counter has stools at it and it is mainly used for eating, do
> people still make them 36" high?
>
> Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Yes, 36" and stools work fine.

--