Gunter Wilhelm knives

Old 07-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Orrie
Usenet poster

Default Gunter Wilhelm knives

Has anyone tried Gunter Wilhelm knives? A newsletter I subscribe to
mentioned them, so I checked out the maker's web site
(http://www.gunterwilhelm.com/) and thought the knives look very good, and
the prices are far below the well-known German knives. 8-inch chef knife =
$55 versus Wusthof = $90. The web site claims that Gunter Wilhelm was plant
manager of a German knife maker in Solingen, who now manufactures knives to
the similar high standards in China.

I've using a set of Gerber kitchen knives for years, and my satisfaction
with them varies from knife to knife. Unfortunately, the chef knife, the one
I use most often, is not great. I was going to treat myself to an 8-inch
Wusthof chef's knife, but I'm intrigued by these Gunter Wilhelm blades. When
it comes to kitchen equipment, I've found that for some products, quality
and efficacy do not seem to be related to price, and there are genuine
bargains out there. I wonder if this is such a case.

Thanks for your input.

Orrie

Old 18-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Member

Thumbs up

Dear Orrie:
This is Paul Hellman, owner of the Gunter Wilhelm Company. Why wonder if GW is better than what you have used before ? At $55.00 and a 30 day return policy, and a lifetime guarantee, why not just order one ? I can even send you one for evaluation if you don't want risk the $$. They are really that good. Believe me. If I'm wrong its my risk, not yours.

Paul Hellman
tel: 201-569-6866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrie