Info required on induction cooker settings

Old 13-10-2011, 10:14 AM posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Info required on induction cooker settings

Hi All,

I recently bought an induction cooker. It has settings like 'hot
pot' (cooking in terms of watts), fry (in terms of temperature), soup,
congee and steam.

Now I can understand hot pot and fry (in terms of their units (watts
and centigrade)), but I would like to know what exactly those three
(soup, congee and steam) stand for in terms of temperature.
The manual simply says soup setting is for making soups, and so on!

Can anyone here please help (any pointers to online documents would
also be helpful).

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Aditya
Old 14-10-2011, 03:30 AM posted to rec.food.equipment

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 02:14:54 -0700 (PDT), Aditya Blaze
wrote:

I recently bought an induction cooker. It has settings like 'hot
pot' (cooking in terms of watts), fry (in terms of temperature), soup,
congee and steam.
Can anyone here please help (any pointers to online documents would
also be helpful).

O have three induction hobbs, and all gthree have numerical settings from 1 to
10. Each also has the ability to cook by temperature, ranging from 150 deg to
400 deg. F. I've never seen settings as you describe.

What make and model is yours?

-- Larry
Old 14-10-2011, 05:23 PM posted to rec.food.equipment

wrote:

I recently bought an induction cooker. It has settings like 'hot
pot' (cooking in terms of watts), fry (in terms of temperature), soup,
congee and steam.
Can anyone here please help (any pointers to online documents would
also be helpful).

O have three induction hobbs, and all gthree have numerical settings from 1 to
10. *Each also has the ability to cook by temperature, ranging from 150 deg *to
400 deg. F. I've never seen settings as you describe.

What make and model is yours?

Mine is from Bajaj (Indian company). The model is ICX 6 (supports a
max of 1600Watts)

-Aditya
Old 18-10-2011, 05:00 PM posted to rec.food.equipment

I recently bought an induction cooker. It has settings like 'hot
pot' (cooking in terms of watts), fry (in terms of temperature), soup,
congee and steam.
Can anyone here please help (any pointers to online documents would
also be helpful).

O have three induction hobbs, and all gthree have numerical settings from 1 to
10. *Each also has the ability to cook by temperature, ranging from 150 deg *to
400 deg. F. I've never seen settings as you describe.

What make and model is yours?

Mine is from Bajaj (Indian company). The model is ICX 6 (supports a
max of 1600Watts)

The ICX 7 pictured on the Bajaj Web site is settable by power or temperature, as
well as having "8 preset cooking options" as you describe. If you don't have a
manual describing those settings -- which are merely convenient shortcuts -- you
have all the normal options available to you. And it would be better to use
power or temperature settings in your cooking anyway.

-- Larry
Old 23-10-2011, 07:58 AM posted to rec.food.equipment

On Oct 18, 9:00*pm, wrote:
The ICX 7 pictured on the Bajaj Web site is settable by power or temperature, as
well as having "8 preset cooking options" as you describe. If you don't have a
manual describing those settings -- which are merely convenient shortcuts -- you
have all the normal options available to you. And it would be better to use
power or temperature settings in your cooking anyway.

Yes. That's what I have been using (I mean, the power and temperature
settings). What I would like to know (since the manual does not say
this) is that in general, how do I arrange the following in order of
their increasing temperature/power settings:
soup, congee, steam.
(eg. would this be the correct order: soup congee steam ?)

Regards,

Aditya
Old 23-10-2011, 09:47 PM posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 23:58:56 -0700 (PDT), Aditya Blaze
wrote:

On Oct 18, 9:00*pm, wrote:
The ICX 7 pictured on the Bajaj Web site is settable by power or temperature, as
well as having "8 preset cooking options" as you describe. If you don't have a
manual describing those settings -- which are merely convenient shortcuts -- you
have all the normal options available to you. And it would be better to use
power or temperature settings in your cooking anyway.

Yes. That's what I have been using (I mean, the power and temperature
settings). What I would like to know (since the manual does not say
this) is that in general, how do I arrange the following in order of
their increasing temperature/power settings:
soup, congee, steam.
(eg. would this be the correct order: soup congee steam ?)

Wouldn't you expect the buttons on the hobb to be arranged from left to right in
ascending order of temperature?

-- Lazrry