Tony

Default Bosch dishwasher soapy residue

Hi all. Much lurking, first post.

We just purchased a Bosch SHU66C series dishwasher. This was to replace a
GE, which itself was an incentivized replacement for the builders grade GE
of about 15 years ago that was being recalled for fire hazard. The
replacement GE turned out to be nothing but trouble. The movable tines on
the lower tray broke almost immediately, and the same thing happened on the
replacement tray sent by GE after our call. Then the washer started have
problems completely draining the water at the end of the wash. After three
repair visits (it was "fixed" with new parts each time, but the same failure
just kept coming back) we just got fed up, started looking at the Bosches,
Askos, Mieles, etc. (The old GE, BTW, worked fine, even at the time we got
the recall notice.)

All in all the new Bosch is great. Has a greater capacity than the GE, more
easily configurable, super quiet. Dishes come out very clean (as far as food
deposits go). But the thing that really has me scratching my head is that
there seems to be either a soapy or rinse aid residue on the plates, cups,
etc. When I pour water into a just washed cup there is a very slight
foaming, and there is a very slight taste that can be made out. One thing
about the GE, when I did the same thing the water bubbles would settle out
real quick. I never saw any of these small residue type bubbles in the cup.

We were careful to note that the Bosch does not seem to need as much
detergent as the older GEs, and we've tried a couple of different kinds:
Electrosol (not the tabs), Cascade Complete powder, and Cascade liquid. The
machine came with Cascade rinse aid, which is what we've been using even
though we used to use Jet Dry in the GEs. We thought it might be the rinse
aid so we let that run out until the low rinse aid light came on. The
problem seemed to lessen, but did not completely go away. All the wash water
is draining completely from the machine. I even tried a Rinse and Hold
before removing the tableware from a regular wash, and it did not seem to do
a whole lot. But, if I take the cup, etc, and just use water from my kitchen
tap to rinse it out a couple of times it goes away.

Can anyone help me understand what might be happening here?

Viviane

This may be the bleeding obvious, but are you putting in the required amount
of soap?

"Tony" > wrote in message
> Hi all. Much lurking, first post.
>
> We just purchased a Bosch SHU66C series dishwasher. This was to replace a
> GE, which itself was an incentivized replacement for the builders grade GE
> of about 15 years ago that was being recalled for fire hazard. The
> replacement GE turned out to be nothing but trouble. The movable tines on
> the lower tray broke almost immediately, and the same thing happened on

the
> replacement tray sent by GE after our call. Then the washer started have
> problems completely draining the water at the end of the wash. After three
> repair visits (it was "fixed" with new parts each time, but the same

failure
> just kept coming back) we just got fed up, started looking at the Bosches,
> Askos, Mieles, etc. (The old GE, BTW, worked fine, even at the time we got
> the recall notice.)
>
> All in all the new Bosch is great. Has a greater capacity than the GE,

more
> easily configurable, super quiet. Dishes come out very clean (as far as

food
> deposits go). But the thing that really has me scratching my head is that
> there seems to be either a soapy or rinse aid residue on the plates, cups,
> etc. When I pour water into a just washed cup there is a very slight
> foaming, and there is a very slight taste that can be made out. One thing
> about the GE, when I did the same thing the water bubbles would settle out
> real quick. I never saw any of these small residue type bubbles in the

cup.

> We were careful to note that the Bosch does not seem to need as much
> detergent as the older GEs, and we've tried a couple of different kinds:
> Electrosol (not the tabs), Cascade Complete powder, and Cascade liquid.

The
> machine came with Cascade rinse aid, which is what we've been using even
> though we used to use Jet Dry in the GEs. We thought it might be the rinse
> aid so we let that run out until the low rinse aid light came on. The
> problem seemed to lessen, but did not completely go away. All the wash

water
> is draining completely from the machine. I even tried a Rinse and Hold
> before removing the tableware from a regular wash, and it did not seem to

do
> a whole lot. But, if I take the cup, etc, and just use water from my

kitchen
> tap to rinse it out a couple of times it goes away.
>
> Can anyone help me understand what might be happening here?

Viviane

"Tony" > wrote in message
> Hi all. Much lurking, first post.
>
> We just purchased a Bosch SHU66C series dishwasher. This was to replace a
> GE, which itself was an incentivized replacement for the builders grade GE
> of about 15 years ago that was being recalled for fire hazard. The
> replacement GE turned out to be nothing but trouble. The movable tines on
> the lower tray broke almost immediately, and the same thing happened on

the
> replacement tray sent by GE after our call. Then the washer started have
> problems completely draining the water at the end of the wash. After three
> repair visits (it was "fixed" with new parts each time, but the same

failure
> just kept coming back) we just got fed up, started looking at the Bosches,
> Askos, Mieles, etc. (The old GE, BTW, worked fine, even at the time we got
> the recall notice.)
>
> All in all the new Bosch is great. Has a greater capacity than the GE,

more
> easily configurable, super quiet. Dishes come out very clean (as far as

food
> deposits go). But the thing that really has me scratching my head is that
> there seems to be either a soapy or rinse aid residue on the plates, cups,
> etc. When I pour water into a just washed cup there is a very slight
> foaming, and there is a very slight taste that can be made out. One thing
> about the GE, when I did the same thing the water bubbles would settle out
> real quick. I never saw any of these small residue type bubbles in the

cup.

> We were careful to note that the Bosch does not seem to need as much
> detergent as the older GEs, and we've tried a couple of different kinds:
> Electrosol (not the tabs), Cascade Complete powder, and Cascade liquid.

The
> machine came with Cascade rinse aid, which is what we've been using even
> though we used to use Jet Dry in the GEs. We thought it might be the rinse
> aid so we let that run out until the low rinse aid light came on. The
> problem seemed to lessen, but did not completely go away. All the wash

water
> is draining completely from the machine. I even tried a Rinse and Hold
> before removing the tableware from a regular wash, and it did not seem to

do
> a whole lot. But, if I take the cup, etc, and just use water from my

kitchen
> tap to rinse it out a couple of times it goes away.
>
> Can anyone help me understand what might be happening here?

Tony

Oh, absolutely. We actually read the manuals before using new equipment (g)!
Even the installer told us the Bosch uses considerably less detergent than
many other machines. We are following the guidelines in the manual.

"Viviane" > wrote in message
u...
> [...]

> > Electrosol (not the tabs), Cascade Complete powder, and Cascade liquid.

> The
> > machine came with Cascade rinse aid, which is what we've been using even
> > though we used to use Jet Dry in the GEs. We thought it might be the

rinse
> > aid so we let that run out until the low rinse aid light came on. The
> > problem seemed to lessen, but did not completely go away. All the wash

> water
> > is draining completely from the machine. I even tried a Rinse and Hold
> > before removing the tableware from a regular wash, and it did not seem

> do
> > a whole lot. But, if I take the cup, etc, and just use water from my

> kitchen
> > tap to rinse it out a couple of times it goes away.
> >
> > Can anyone help me understand what might be happening here?

Tony

Oh, absolutely. We actually read the manuals before using new equipment (g)!
Even the installer told us the Bosch uses considerably less detergent than
many other machines. We are following the guidelines in the manual.

"Viviane" > wrote in message
u...
> [...]

> > Electrosol (not the tabs), Cascade Complete powder, and Cascade liquid.

> The
> > machine came with Cascade rinse aid, which is what we've been using even
> > though we used to use Jet Dry in the GEs. We thought it might be the

rinse
> > aid so we let that run out until the low rinse aid light came on. The
> > problem seemed to lessen, but did not completely go away. All the wash

> water
> > is draining completely from the machine. I even tried a Rinse and Hold
> > before removing the tableware from a regular wash, and it did not seem

> do
> > a whole lot. But, if I take the cup, etc, and just use water from my

> kitchen
> > tap to rinse it out a couple of times it goes away.
> >
> > Can anyone help me understand what might be happening here?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Tony" > wrote in message
> Oh, absolutely. We actually read the manuals before using new equipment

(g)!
> Even the installer told us the Bosch uses considerably less detergent than
> many other machines. We are following the guidelines in the manual.

If your water is very soft, you may need even less detergent. If it is
soft, try cutting back more and see if the dishes are still clean.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Tony" > wrote in message
> Oh, absolutely. We actually read the manuals before using new equipment

(g)!
> Even the installer told us the Bosch uses considerably less detergent than
> many other machines. We are following the guidelines in the manual.

If your water is very soft, you may need even less detergent. If it is
soft, try cutting back more and see if the dishes are still clean.

Tony

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
m...

> "Tony" > wrote in message
> > Oh, absolutely. We actually read the manuals before using new equipment

> (g)!
> > Even the installer told us the Bosch uses considerably less detergent

than
> > many other machines. We are following the guidelines in the manual.
> >

> If your water is very soft, you may need even less detergent. If it is
> soft, try cutting back more and see if the dishes are still clean.

Thanks for the tip!

Tony

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
m...

> "Tony" > wrote in message
> > Oh, absolutely. We actually read the manuals before using new equipment

> (g)!
> > Even the installer told us the Bosch uses considerably less detergent

than
> > many other machines. We are following the guidelines in the manual.
> >

> If your water is very soft, you may need even less detergent. If it is
> soft, try cutting back more and see if the dishes are still clean.

Thanks for the tip!

The Cook

"Tony" > wrote:

>"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
om...

>> "Tony" > wrote in message
>> > Oh, absolutely. We actually read the manuals before using new equipment

>> (g)!
>> > Even the installer told us the Bosch uses considerably less detergent

>than
>> > many other machines. We are following the guidelines in the manual.
>> >

>> If your water is very soft, you may need even less detergent. If it is
>> soft, try cutting back more and see if the dishes are still clean.
>>

>Thanks for the tip!

Check your Dishwasher Quick Reference Guide. Streaks on dishes is
from too much rinse agent. It also has the amount of soap for
hardness of water.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

The Cook

"Tony" > wrote:

>"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
om...

>> "Tony" > wrote in message
>> > Oh, absolutely. We actually read the manuals before using new equipment

>> (g)!
>> > Even the installer told us the Bosch uses considerably less detergent

>than
>> > many other machines. We are following the guidelines in the manual.
>> >

>> If your water is very soft, you may need even less detergent. If it is
>> soft, try cutting back more and see if the dishes are still clean.
>>

>Thanks for the tip!

Check your Dishwasher Quick Reference Guide. Streaks on dishes is
from too much rinse agent. It also has the amount of soap for
hardness of water.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.
alzelt

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> "Tony" > wrote in message
>
>>Oh, absolutely. We actually read the manuals before using new equipment

> (g)!
>
>>Even the installer told us the Bosch uses considerably less detergent than
>>many other machines. We are following the guidelines in the manual.
>>

> If your water is very soft, you may need even less detergent. If it is
> soft, try cutting back more and see if the dishes are still clean.

Ever since we replaced our GE with a Bosch unit, we use about 1/3 the
amount of soap than we previously used. Keep lowering the amount to see
if it works out.
--
Alan

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
neither do we."

........President George W. Bush, at the signing of the $417
defense-spending bill, August, 2004

alzelt

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> "Tony" > wrote in message
>
>>Oh, absolutely. We actually read the manuals before using new equipment

> (g)!
>
>>Even the installer told us the Bosch uses considerably less detergent than
>>many other machines. We are following the guidelines in the manual.
>>

> If your water is very soft, you may need even less detergent. If it is
> soft, try cutting back more and see if the dishes are still clean.

Ever since we replaced our GE with a Bosch unit, we use about 1/3 the
amount of soap than we previously used. Keep lowering the amount to see
if it works out.
--
Alan

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
neither do we."

........President George W. Bush, at the signing of the $417
defense-spending bill, August, 2004

Tony

"The Cook" > wrote in message
> "Tony" > wrote:
>

> >"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> om...

equipment
> >> (g)!

> >than
> >> >

> >> If your water is very soft, you may need even less detergent. If it is
> >> soft, try cutting back more and see if the dishes are still clean.
> >>

> >Thanks for the tip!
> >

> Check your Dishwasher Quick Reference Guide. Streaks on dishes is
> from too much rinse agent. It also has the amount of soap for
> hardness of water.

Hmm, I don't think we're getting streaks but I'll check to make sure. As we
were finally convinced the Cascade rinse aid was fully used up we switched
back to Jet Dry last night. We're getting noticeably fewer of the small
bubbles in our cups, so maybe it does have something to do with the amount
of rinse aid. But that part confuses me. With the Cascade liquid rinse aid
we just filled up the reservoir, thinking that the Bosch would meter out the
correct amount. How can the machine put out too much rinse aid, unless there
was something wrong with the measured release?

Tony

"The Cook" > wrote in message
> "Tony" > wrote:
>

> >"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> om...

equipment
> >> (g)!

> >than
> >> >

> >> If your water is very soft, you may need even less detergent. If it is
> >> soft, try cutting back more and see if the dishes are still clean.
> >>

> >Thanks for the tip!
> >

> Check your Dishwasher Quick Reference Guide. Streaks on dishes is
> from too much rinse agent. It also has the amount of soap for
> hardness of water.

Hmm, I don't think we're getting streaks but I'll check to make sure. As we
were finally convinced the Cascade rinse aid was fully used up we switched
back to Jet Dry last night. We're getting noticeably fewer of the small
bubbles in our cups, so maybe it does have something to do with the amount
of rinse aid. But that part confuses me. With the Cascade liquid rinse aid
we just filled up the reservoir, thinking that the Bosch would meter out the
correct amount. How can the machine put out too much rinse aid, unless there
was something wrong with the measured release?

Tony

"alzelt" > wrote in message

> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > "Tony" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Oh, absolutely. We actually read the manuals before using new equipment

> > (g)!
> >
> >>Even the installer told us the Bosch uses considerably less detergent

than
> >>many other machines. We are following the guidelines in the manual.
> >>

> > If your water is very soft, you may need even less detergent. If it is
> > soft, try cutting back more and see if the dishes are still clean.
> >

> Ever since we replaced our GE with a Bosch unit, we use about 1/3 the
> amount of soap than we previously used. Keep lowering the amount to see
> if it works out.
> --
> Alan

Thanks Alan. When you first got it had you initially ever put in more than
that amount? If so, do you recall problems similar to what I've described?

Tony

"alzelt" > wrote in message

> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > "Tony" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Oh, absolutely. We actually read the manuals before using new equipment

> > (g)!
> >
> >>Even the installer told us the Bosch uses considerably less detergent

than
> >>many other machines. We are following the guidelines in the manual.
> >>

> > If your water is very soft, you may need even less detergent. If it is
> > soft, try cutting back more and see if the dishes are still clean.
> >

> Ever since we replaced our GE with a Bosch unit, we use about 1/3 the
> amount of soap than we previously used. Keep lowering the amount to see
> if it works out.
> --
> Alan

Thanks Alan. When you first got it had you initially ever put in more than
that amount? If so, do you recall problems similar to what I've described?

Charles Demas

In article >, Tony > wrote:

>"The Cook" > wrote in message
.. .
>> "Tony" > wrote:
>>

>> >"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>> om...

>equipment
>> >than

>> >Thanks for the tip!
>> >

>> Check your Dishwasher Quick Reference Guide. Streaks on dishes is
>> from too much rinse agent. It also has the amount of soap for
>> hardness of water.
>>

>Hmm, I don't think we're getting streaks but I'll check to make sure. As we
>were finally convinced the Cascade rinse aid was fully used up we switched
>back to Jet Dry last night. We're getting noticeably fewer of the small
>bubbles in our cups, so maybe it does have something to do with the amount
>of rinse aid. But that part confuses me. With the Cascade liquid rinse aid
>we just filled up the reservoir, thinking that the Bosch would meter out the
>correct amount. How can the machine put out too much rinse aid, unless there
>was something wrong with the measured release?

If the proper amount of detergent varies with the hardness of the
water, perhaps the same is true of the rinse aid.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,
| \___/ | http://world.std.com/~cpd
Charles Demas

In article >, Tony > wrote:

>"The Cook" > wrote in message
.. .
>> "Tony" > wrote:
>>

>> >"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>> om...

>equipment
>> >than

>> >Thanks for the tip!
>> >

>> Check your Dishwasher Quick Reference Guide. Streaks on dishes is
>> from too much rinse agent. It also has the amount of soap for
>> hardness of water.
>>

>Hmm, I don't think we're getting streaks but I'll check to make sure. As we
>were finally convinced the Cascade rinse aid was fully used up we switched
>back to Jet Dry last night. We're getting noticeably fewer of the small
>bubbles in our cups, so maybe it does have something to do with the amount
>of rinse aid. But that part confuses me. With the Cascade liquid rinse aid
>we just filled up the reservoir, thinking that the Bosch would meter out the
>correct amount. How can the machine put out too much rinse aid, unless there
>was something wrong with the measured release?

If the proper amount of detergent varies with the hardness of the
water, perhaps the same is true of the rinse aid.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,
Die Anyway | v | That no one could find fault with it.
| \___/ | http://world.std.com/~cpd
Edwin Pawlowski

"Tony" > wrote in message

> . With the Cascade liquid rinse aid
> we just filled up the reservoir, thinking that the Bosch would meter out

the
> correct amount. How can the machine put out too much rinse aid, unless

there
> was something wrong with the measured release?

Depends on the model. Some have an adjustment as to how much is released.
On the model SHV99A it is shown on page 29 of the manual. Check out yours.
Ed

Edwin Pawlowski

"Tony" > wrote in message

> . With the Cascade liquid rinse aid
> we just filled up the reservoir, thinking that the Bosch would meter out

the
> correct amount. How can the machine put out too much rinse aid, unless

there
> was something wrong with the measured release?

Depends on the model. Some have an adjustment as to how much is released.
On the model SHV99A it is shown on page 29 of the manual. Check out yours.
Ed

alzelt

Tony wrote:

> "alzelt" > wrote in message
>

>>Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

>>>(g)!

> than

>>>If your water is very soft, you may need even less detergent. If it is
>>>soft, try cutting back more and see if the dishes are still clean.
>>>

>>Ever since we replaced our GE with a Bosch unit, we use about 1/3 the
>>amount of soap than we previously used. Keep lowering the amount to see
>>if it works out.
>>--
>>Alan

> Thanks Alan. When you first got it had you initially ever put in more than
> that amount? If so, do you recall problems similar to what I've described?

Yes indeed.
--
Alan

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
neither do we."

........President George W. Bush, at the signing of the $417
defense-spending bill, August, 2004

alzelt

Tony wrote:

> "alzelt" > wrote in message
>

>>Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

>>>(g)!

> than

>>>If your water is very soft, you may need even less detergent. If it is
>>>soft, try cutting back more and see if the dishes are still clean.
>>>

>>Ever since we replaced our GE with a Bosch unit, we use about 1/3 the
>>amount of soap than we previously used. Keep lowering the amount to see
>>if it works out.
>>--
>>Alan

> Thanks Alan. When you first got it had you initially ever put in more than
> that amount? If so, do you recall problems similar to what I've described?

Yes indeed.
--
Alan

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
neither do we."

........President George W. Bush, at the signing of the $417
defense-spending bill, August, 2004

Edwin Pawlowski

alzelt wrote:

> ........President George W. Bush, at the signing of the $417
> defense-spending bill, August, 2004

$417 just does not go very far any more. You think he'd have spent at least
a thousand bucks for defense. --
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Edwin Pawlowski

alzelt wrote:

> ........President George W. Bush, at the signing of the $417
> defense-spending bill, August, 2004

$417 just does not go very far any more. You think he'd have spent at least
a thousand bucks for defense. --
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Gini

In article > , Edwin Pawlowski
says...

>alzelt wrote:
>
>> ........President George W. Bush, at the signing of the $417
>> defense-spending bill, August, 2004

>$417 just does not go very far any more.

====
On the contrary. It would make a good downpayment on a toilet seat.
====
====

Tony

"alzelt" > wrote in message

> Tony wrote:

equipment

> > than

> >>Ever since we replaced our GE with a Bosch unit, we use about 1/3 the
> >>amount of soap than we previously used. Keep lowering the amount to see
> >>if it works out.
> >>--
> >>Alan

> > Thanks Alan. When you first got it had you initially ever put in more

than
> > that amount? If so, do you recall problems similar to what I've

described?

> Yes indeed.
> --
> Alan

I went over the details with my wife. She tells me that with our old GE we
were using two tablespoons of detergent per wash (on average). With the
Bosch we are using only two teaspoons (!) and the dishes are coming out
clean. So we are using about 1/3rd of what we were using before. I'm happier
with the Jet Dry; we just bought some Electrosol tabs tonight and will try
them tomorrow. I already Googled an old post from someone saying they use
1/2 of a tab in their Bosch.

Tony

"alzelt" > wrote in message

> Tony wrote:

equipment

> > than

> >>Ever since we replaced our GE with a Bosch unit, we use about 1/3 the
> >>amount of soap than we previously used. Keep lowering the amount to see
> >>if it works out.
> >>--
> >>Alan

> > Thanks Alan. When you first got it had you initially ever put in more

than
> > that amount? If so, do you recall problems similar to what I've

described?

> Yes indeed.
> --
> Alan

I went over the details with my wife. She tells me that with our old GE we
were using two tablespoons of detergent per wash (on average). With the
Bosch we are using only two teaspoons (!) and the dishes are coming out
clean. So we are using about 1/3rd of what we were using before. I'm happier
with the Jet Dry; we just bought some Electrosol tabs tonight and will try
them tomorrow. I already Googled an old post from someone saying they use
1/2 of a tab in their Bosch.

Tony

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
m...

> "Tony" > wrote in message
>
> > . With the Cascade liquid rinse aid
> > we just filled up the reservoir, thinking that the Bosch would meter out

> the
> > correct amount. How can the machine put out too much rinse aid, unless

> there
> > was something wrong with the measured release?
> >

> Depends on the model. Some have an adjustment as to how much is released.
> On the model SHV99A it is shown on page 29 of the manual. Check out yours.
> Ed

Yes, this part is what has us wondering. The manual says that the SHU66 has
the Premium Rinse Aid dispenser, which can be adjusted. The thing is neither
of us can find those instructions in the manual. In fact, on page 24 of our
manual there are instructions for how to adjust the STANDARD Rinse Aid
dispenser.

I assume your SHV99A has the Premium. If that is the case would you be so
kind as to explain the adjustment procedure?

BTW, is there actually any way to talk to a human being at Bosch? Before I
bought this I saw a number of posts about lack of satisfaction with their
customer service. When we tried to call them about our dilemma we could not
find any way to actually speak to anyone.

Edwin Pawlowski

Tony wrote:

> Yes, this part is what has us wondering. The manual says that the
> SHU66 has the Premium Rinse Aid dispenser, which can be adjusted. The
> thing is neither of us can find those instructions in the manual. In
> fact, on page 24 of our manual there are instructions for how to
> adjust the STANDARD Rinse Aid dispenser.
>
> I assume your SHV99A has the Premium. If that is the case would you
> be so kind as to explain the adjustment procedure?
>
> BTW, is there actually any way to talk to a human being at Bosch?
> Before I bought this I saw a number of posts about lack of
> satisfaction with their customer service. When we tried to call them
> about our dilemma we could not find any way to actually speak to
> anyone.

Open the door to see the controls
Press the on/off switch to get the MAIN menu
Press the Options menue five times to the the RINSE AID display
Press the + or - button to increase or decrease the amount dispensed.

On your odel, see page 37 of the manual.
Premium Dispenser

1) Press and hold the right-most of the two

buttons labelled “Cancel Drain”, as shown in

Figure 32, then press and hold the “On/Off

button. The LED display will show a number

between 0 and 6.

2) If your dishes are streaked after washing,

press the right-most “Cancel Drain”

button until the display shows a lower

number.

3) If your dishes are spotted after washing,

press the right-most “Cancel Drain” button

until the display shows a higher number.

--
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Edwin Pawlowski

Tony wrote:

> Yes, this part is what has us wondering. The manual says that the
> SHU66 has the Premium Rinse Aid dispenser, which can be adjusted. The
> thing is neither of us can find those instructions in the manual. In
> fact, on page 24 of our manual there are instructions for how to
> adjust the STANDARD Rinse Aid dispenser.
>
> I assume your SHV99A has the Premium. If that is the case would you
> be so kind as to explain the adjustment procedure?
>
> BTW, is there actually any way to talk to a human being at Bosch?
> Before I bought this I saw a number of posts about lack of
> satisfaction with their customer service. When we tried to call them
> about our dilemma we could not find any way to actually speak to
> anyone.

Open the door to see the controls
Press the on/off switch to get the MAIN menu
Press the Options menue five times to the the RINSE AID display
Press the + or - button to increase or decrease the amount dispensed.

On your odel, see page 37 of the manual.
Premium Dispenser

1) Press and hold the right-most of the two

buttons labelled “Cancel Drain”, as shown in

Figure 32, then press and hold the “On/Off

button. The LED display will show a number

between 0 and 6.

2) If your dishes are streaked after washing,

press the right-most “Cancel Drain”

button until the display shows a lower

number.

3) If your dishes are spotted after washing,

press the right-most “Cancel Drain” button

until the display shows a higher number.

--
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

alzelt

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> alzelt wrote:
>

>>........President George W. Bush, at the signing of the $417
>>defense-spending bill, August, 2004

> $417 just does not go very far any more. You think he'd have spent at least
> a thousand bucks for defense. --
> Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

I think he gave the rest directly to Haliburton.
--
Alan

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
neither do we."

........President George W. Bush, at the signing of the $417
billion defense-spending bill, August, 2004

Viviane

Charming. Sounds like you need a cup of tea and a good lie down (either
that or be put back in your cage).

Like most people I tend not to read as far as p36 in a manual. If the info
is important it should be stated plainly and upfront - the manual shouldn't
read like it has just been translated from 3 languages. In addition the
index should make it easy to locate material.

"you jerk" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:57:21 -0400, "Tony" > wrote:
>
> >BTW, is there actually any way to talk to a human being at Bosch? Before

> >bought this I saw a number of posts about lack of satisfaction with their
> >customer service. When we tried to call them about our dilemma we could

not
> >find any way to actually speak to anyone.

> What are you talking about?
> Did you call Bosch's number?
> I just spoke to them today.
>
> The info you seek, should you be bright enough to read the big words,
> is on page 36 of your manual.
> You haven't even read the ****ing manual, and you bad mouth the unit.
> Christ, you're sad.

Tony

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> Tony wrote:
>
> > Yes, this part is what has us wondering. The manual says that the
> > SHU66 has the Premium Rinse Aid dispenser, which can be adjusted. The
> > thing is neither of us can find those instructions in the manual. In
> > fact, on page 24 of our manual there are instructions for how to
> > adjust the STANDARD Rinse Aid dispenser.
> >
> > I assume your SHV99A has the Premium. If that is the case would you
> > be so kind as to explain the adjustment procedure?
> >
> > BTW, is there actually any way to talk to a human being at Bosch?
> > Before I bought this I saw a number of posts about lack of
> > satisfaction with their customer service. When we tried to call them
> > about our dilemma we could not find any way to actually speak to
> > anyone.

> Open the door to see the controls
> Press the on/off switch to get the MAIN menu
> Press the Options menue five times to the the RINSE AID display
> Press the + or - button to increase or decrease the amount dispensed.
>
> On your odel, see page 37 of the manual.
> Premium Dispenser
>
> 1) Press and hold the right-most of the two
>
> buttons labelled "Cancel Drain", as shown in
>
> Figure 32, then press and hold the "On/Off
>
> button. The LED display will show a number
>
> between 0 and 6.
>
> 2) If your dishes are streaked after washing,
>
> press the right-most "Cancel Drain"
>
> button until the display shows a lower
>
> number.
>
> 3) If your dishes are spotted after washing,
>
> press the right-most "Cancel Drain" button
>
> until the display shows a higher number.
>

> --
> Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Thanks Ed! I'm happy to get this info, but in fact it is NOT in my manual.
Page 37 is a French / Spanish translation for what's on Page 36 (Delay Start
/ Top Rack Only Cycle / OptiMISER). I went through the manual page by page
and could not find anything like what you've just described.

Tony

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> Tony wrote:
>
> > Yes, this part is what has us wondering. The manual says that the
> > SHU66 has the Premium Rinse Aid dispenser, which can be adjusted. The
> > thing is neither of us can find those instructions in the manual. In
> > fact, on page 24 of our manual there are instructions for how to
> > adjust the STANDARD Rinse Aid dispenser.
> >
> > I assume your SHV99A has the Premium. If that is the case would you
> > be so kind as to explain the adjustment procedure?
> >
> > BTW, is there actually any way to talk to a human being at Bosch?
> > Before I bought this I saw a number of posts about lack of
> > satisfaction with their customer service. When we tried to call them
> > about our dilemma we could not find any way to actually speak to
> > anyone.

> Open the door to see the controls
> Press the on/off switch to get the MAIN menu
> Press the Options menue five times to the the RINSE AID display
> Press the + or - button to increase or decrease the amount dispensed.
>
> On your odel, see page 37 of the manual.
> Premium Dispenser
>
> 1) Press and hold the right-most of the two
>
> buttons labelled "Cancel Drain", as shown in
>
> Figure 32, then press and hold the "On/Off
>
> button. The LED display will show a number
>
> between 0 and 6.
>
> 2) If your dishes are streaked after washing,
>
> press the right-most "Cancel Drain"
>
> button until the display shows a lower
>
> number.
>
> 3) If your dishes are spotted after washing,
>
> press the right-most "Cancel Drain" button
>
> until the display shows a higher number.
>

> --
> Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Thanks Ed! I'm happy to get this info, but in fact it is NOT in my manual.
Page 37 is a French / Spanish translation for what's on Page 36 (Delay Start
/ Top Rack Only Cycle / OptiMISER). I went through the manual page by page
and could not find anything like what you've just described.

Tony

"you jerk" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:57:21 -0400, "Tony" > wrote:
>
> >BTW, is there actually any way to talk to a human being at Bosch? Before

> >bought this I saw a number of posts about lack of satisfaction with their
> >customer service. When we tried to call them about our dilemma we could

not
> >find any way to actually speak to anyone.

> What are you talking about?
> Did you call Bosch's number?
> I just spoke to them today.
>
> The info you seek, should you be bright enough to read the big words,
> is on page 36 of your manual.
> You haven't even read the ****ing manual, and you bad mouth the unit.
> Christ, you're sad.

Has it occurred to you that maybe there are different versions of the Bosch
manual? As I stated to Ed above, if I look on page 36 of MY manual (gee, I
don't have yours!) it is Delay Start / Top Rack Only Cycle / OptiMISER. No
"big words" about the Premium Dispenser. Christ has nothing to do with my
being sad; rather, it's idiot responses like yours that make me weep for
humanity.

Tony

Aha! Thanks for the link, Dick. This page 36 does not match my page 36. It
seems very clear now that for whatever reason my version supplied with the
machine had the Premium Dispenser section inadvertently left out. THANK YOU
again for the link.