Moulinex Regal La Machine ii food processor user's or owner's manual

Old 04-05-2009, 08:22 PM posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Moulinex Regal La Machine ii food processor user's or owner's manual

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help. I have found a Moulinex Regal La Machine ii
food processor. I need the user's or owner's manual. I would apprciate
any help. Thank you.
Bridget Ferrazzano
Old 05-05-2009, 12:43 AM posted to rec.food.equipment

In article ,
Bridget Ann Ferrazzano wrote:

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help. I have found a Moulinex Regal La Machine ii
food processor. I need the user's or owner's manual. I would apprciate
any help. Thank you.
Bridget Ferrazzano

I don't have one, but these things are pretty straight forward. If you
have any questions, perhaps I can provide answers.

jt
Old 05-05-2009, 07:41 PM posted to rec.food.equipment

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I am new to using food processors, and want to
learn how to use it. Would I just put a vegetable like carrots or onions in
the bowl, near the blade and turn on the on/off/pulse switch and it will
chop the vegetable? What is the pulse setting mean on the on/off/pulse
switch? The blade is a sharp blade, if I wanted to knead bread dough, I
would need a different type of blade, is that correct? Your help is
appreciated.
Bridget Ferrazzano

Old 06-05-2009, 12:14 AM posted to rec.food.equipment

In article ,
"THOS FERRAZZANO" wrote:

I am new to using food processors, and want to
learn how to use it.

Well, first off, the la Machine is one of the earliest models, and newer
models have safety features that had not yet been invented, so the first
thing to stress is to be careful, do not reach into the chute with your
fingers without making sure the machine if off, or safer still,
unplugged. That said:

Would I just put a vegetable like carrots or onions in
the bowl, near the blade and turn on the on/off/pulse switch and it will
chop the vegetable?

To do veggies, put the disk shaped blade in, with the wide blade edge
face up to slice, or the grater humps up to shred. If you put them in
the bowl with the chopping blade, you will get a coarse to fine puree,
depending on how you operate the machine. Turn it on and leave it on to
puree fine. Shorter intervals of time will lead to a coarser puree, or
in the case of something hard like nuts, that would be more the chopping
effect. This leads to the next question.

What is the pulse setting mean on the on/off/pulse
switch?

On means the machine stays on. Off turns it off, of course. And Pulse
only keeps the machine on as long as you press the pulse button.
Typical for a pulsing technique is to push and immediately release.
After releasing, wait for the food to settle and then repeat the press
and release. This will break things up without making them too small.
A few pulses and between each you can see how much the food is broken up
to decide if you have pulsed it enough. American's Test Kitchen on PBS
stations uses this technique periodically, so if you watch a few
episodes, you will get an opportunity to see how that is done.

The blade is a sharp blade, if I wanted to knead bread dough, I
would need a different type of blade, is that correct?

I've never done bread dough in a food processor, so I cannot speak from
experience. I do know that the sharp blade is the one used, however.
Personally, I prefer my KitchenAid Stand Mixers and various bread
machines, so I shall defer to others for this one.

As to cleaning up, I cannot say if the LM2 is dishwasher safe. Many
are, but this model is old enough that the polymers may not take the
temps and caustics of a dishwasher. An old GE model I used to its grave
did survive the dishwasher splendidly, but that doesn't equate to this
model, so you will have to decide.

To emphasize the most important point agian, do not reach into the chute
when it is set up and plugged it. Take the lid off or unplug the
machine before putting your fingers in that chute. Always use the
plunger to push things through. As to how things do what, try some
veggies with no plans to make anything in particular, just to get a feel
for what effects the different pieces achieve. Once you get acquainted,
you may likely find there are so many wonderful possibilities. Good
luck and have fun, but be safe!

jt
Old 05-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Member

Hello,
Did you finally get the La machine manual? I will love to have it too. Mine is La Machine III.
Thank you.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget Ann Ferrazzano View Post
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help. I have found a Moulinex Regal La Machine ii
food processor. I need the user's or owner's manual. I would apprciate
any help. Thank you.
Bridget Ferrazzano
hello,
i just discovered this group after doing a Google search for La Machine. we bought one used in 2004 and ordered the manual and some replacement blades. i was trying to make sure i would use the right blade to cut up some basil before freezing it but it is not clear what blade corresponds to which description on the invoice. i haven't Googled blades yet in an attempt to get pictures. i don't really know how to scan and would have to check again with Regal to see if it's ok to copy their booklet but they told me this morning in their charming Wisconsin accent that they have been out of his business since 1999!
we also have a mini f.p. and i use the pulse button for mincing garlic, chiles and ginger when i make an Indian recipe. for regular "blending" you're supposed to use the other button.
the L.M. manual shows carrots being loaded into the feed tube both horizontally (after cutting them short) or vertically, which they recommend for long foods, and they say to cut the pieces 1" shorter than the length of the feed tube.
i'd better go for now and hope i've said something that helps.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget Ann Ferrazzano View Post
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help. I have found a Moulinex Regal La Machine ii
food processor. I need the user's or owner's manual. I would apprciate
any help. Thank you.
Bridget Ferrazzano

well i don't know who you've contacted about this but i just received an e-mail from Regal saying they still have manuals.
Old 29-12-2013, 08:29 PM posted to rec.food.equipment

On Monday, May 4, 2009 3:22:51 PM UTC-4, Bridget Ann Ferrazzano wrote:
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help. I have found a Moulinex Regal La Machine ii
food processor. I need the user's or owner's manual. I would apprciate
any help. Thank you.
Bridget Ferrazzano

We don't have a manual, but could you tell us what year it was made?
Old 22-02-2014, 02:16 AM posted to rec.food.equipment

On Monday, May 4, 2009 1:22:51 PM UTC-6, Bridget Ann Ferrazzano wrote:
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help. I have found a Moulinex Regal La Machine ii
food processor. I need the user's or owner's manual. I would apprciate
any help. Thank you.
Bridget Ferrazzano

I do have the owner's manual. If you would like a copy, I would be glad to copy mine and send it to you
My email is pmiskimins@gmail
Old 03-04-2014, 09:50 AM posted to rec.food.equipment

in These Times People get struck which has a mighty Fist that will interupt their budget. And when this type of thing happens Individuals may perhaps be tormented on account of shortage of funds Don't Worry Let us Help with Payday Cash Advance Three Hundred to $1000
Old 04-05-2014, 05:57 AM posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sunday, December 29, 2013 11:29:04 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Monday, May 4, 2009 3:22:51 PM UTC-4, Bridget Ann Ferrazzano wrote:

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help. I have found a Moulinex Regal La Machine ii

food processor. I need the user's or owner's manual. I would apprciate

any help. Thank you.

Bridget Ferrazzano

We don't have a manual, but could you tell us what year it was made?

On the bottom of the machine, in the center, there is a stamped six digit code it is the "day, month, year" manufactured. (i.e. mine has 8 digits but the first six are the ones that count (mine is 051294 = Dec 05, 1994. I disregarded the 11 at the end.