Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default food blender

I am interested in a good, powerful food blender that will stand the test of
time. I have used some in restaurants, and would consider buying one of
these, but I thought I would get some input. thanks.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
"Gil Faver" > wrote:

> I am interested in a good, powerful food blender that will stand the test of
> time. I have used some in restaurants, and would consider buying one of
> these, but I thought I would get some input. thanks.

Vita Mix. 'Nuff said.

jt
Posted to rec.food.equipment

You can visit the Vita-Mix web site at http://vitamix.com

Besides the current Model 5200 you can still get new Model
5000 at a reduced price.

In addition, there are other Vita-Mix models, that based
upon your experience with commercial blenders, you might
want to investigate.

At the web site, under 'Products' take a look at the drop
down menu and go to Commercial Products.

There you will find
Models -- PBS, Blending Station Advance, Drink Machine
Advance, BarBoss Advance, and the Vita Prep which is much
more powerful than the Model 5200.

Gary Hayman
Gary's Web Pages
http://snipurl.com/garyswebpages

On Apr 17, 12:58*pm, "Gil Faver" > wrote:
> I am interested in a good, powerful food blender that will stand the test of
> time. *I have used some in restaurants, and would consider buying one of
> these, but I thought I would get some input. *thanks.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Thu 17 Apr 2008 05:04:40p, jt august told us...

> In article >,
> "Gil Faver" > wrote:
>
>> I am interested in a good, powerful food blender that will stand the
>> test of time. I have used some in restaurants, and would consider
>> buying one of these, but I thought I would get some input. thanks.

> Vita Mix. 'Nuff said.
>
> jt

Had one, gave it away. There are far better commercial blenders than the
Vita-Mix. My vintage (1960s) Osterizer does a better job.

IMNSHO, VIta-Mix is over hyped and over priced. 'Nuff said.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Thursday, 04(IV)/17(XVII)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article 4>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> Had one, gave it away. There are far better commercial blenders than the
> Vita-Mix. My vintage (1960s) Osterizer does a better job.
>
> IMNSHO, VIta-Mix is over hyped and over priced. 'Nuff said.

I have one, and it is by far the best home blender I have tried, even
surpassing the Osterizer my parents still have from my growing up, which
is better than the one I got back in the 90's.

And by the way, I got very lucky and got my vita-mix at a garage sle for
$1. The guy had no clue what he had.

jt

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Apr 17, 11:58*am, "Gil Faver" > wrote:
> I am interested in a good, powerful food blender that will stand the test of
> time. *I have used some in restaurants, and would consider buying one of
> these, but I thought I would get some input. *thanks.

Have a look see at the L'equip.
at 900 watts and looks like ti belongs on a Harley. . .probably
performs like one.
http://www.goodmans.net/get_item_le-...-m-blender.htm

Pierre