FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   Equi-Flow dehydrators? (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/116811-equi-flow-dehydrators.html)

kuvasz guy 18-02-2007 02:22 AM

Equi-Flow dehydrators?

I've recently acquired an equi-flow unit.... This is a square shaped
dehydrator with 10 shelves. It must be about 20 years old and it
appears the company is no longer in business.... It seems to have
some similarities with the excalibur.

I don't have any owners manuals or other documentaion on how to use
this dehydrator. My primary interest at the moment is making beef
jerky. Can anyone point me to online docs for this unit or give me
some tips on getting started wih it? I will probably end up ordering
a book or two, so I'd welcome suggestions along those lines as well.

...fred

yetanotherBob 18-02-2007 05:47 PM

Equi-Flow dehydrators?

In article .com>,
says...
> I've recently acquired an equi-flow unit.... This is a square shaped
> dehydrator with 10 shelves. It must be about 20 years old and it
> appears the company is no longer in business.... It seems to have
> some similarities with the excalibur.
>
> I don't have any owners manuals or other documentaion on how to use
> this dehydrator. My primary interest at the moment is making beef
> jerky. Can anyone point me to online docs for this unit or give me
> some tips on getting started wih it? I will probably end up ordering
> a book or two, so I'd welcome suggestions along those lines as well.
>
> ..fred

As for a book, I'd recommend "Mary Bell's Complete Dehydrator Cookbook".

It's got useful general tips on using dehydrators, and a lot of good-
looking recipes for jerkies and dishes using dehydrated foods.

I say "good looking" because I haven't tried any of the recipes per se.
So far I've used the book more as a general guide for drying sprouted
seeds and nuts, fruits and veggies.

Bob