Drinking 1- or 2-day old coffee (or older!)?

Old 04-02-2006, 04:23 AM posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

Default Drinking 1- or 2-day old coffee (or older!)?

My future parents-in-law unabashedly enjoy coffee that is 1 to 2 days
old (not refrigerated; just in the pot, sitting out on the counter for
a day or two; however, they do re-heat it before consuming). They say
that they used to drink coffee even older than that until one of their
children convinced them not to do that anymore. This sounds like an
odd practice, but since they so enjoy their aged coffee, I'm wondering
if others enjoy similar practices of drinking "old" coffee. What say
y'all?

- Kurious in Louisville, KY

Old 22-02-2006, 09:48 PM posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

On 3 Feb 2006 20:23:14 -0800, kuriou wrote:

My future parents-in-law unabashedly enjoy coffee that is 1 to 2 days
old (not refrigerated; just in the pot, sitting out on the counter for
a day or two; however, they do re-heat it before consuming). They say
that they used to drink coffee even older than that until one of their
children convinced them not to do that anymore. This sounds like an
odd practice, but since they so enjoy their aged coffee, I'm wondering
if others enjoy similar practices of drinking "old" coffee. What say
y'all?

- Kurious in Louisville, KY

I say yuck.

--
Twilight
Old 27-02-2006, 11:40 AM posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

twilight urchin wrote:
On 3 Feb 2006 20:23:14 -0800, kuriou wrote:

My future parents-in-law unabashedly enjoy coffee that is 1 to 2 days
old (not refrigerated; just in the pot, sitting out on the counter for
a day or two; however, they do re-heat it before consuming). They say
that they used to drink coffee even older than that until one of their
children convinced them not to do that anymore. This sounds like an
odd practice, but since they so enjoy their aged coffee, I'm wondering
if others enjoy similar practices of drinking "old" coffee. What say
y'all?

- Kurious in Louisville, KY

I say yuck.

--
Twilight

The older members of my family seem to do that as well....i think it
goes to how little money they had growing up....waste not want not.....

Tea vs. Coffee sherdwen Tea 5 04-09-2005 07:41 PM
Coffee during a hurricane Jack Schidt® General Cooking 58 08-09-2004 09:54 AM
Cold Brewed Coffee leah1314 General Cooking 20 09-03-2004 09:48 PM
Tribute to Hound. (yet unnamed) and coffee sauce for poultry. Wally Bedford Barbecue 2 17-01-2004 09:39 PM
Coffee Can Breads (7) Collection luckytrim Recipes (moderated) 0 20-10-2003 03:59 AM