Larry

Default Super Automatic Experience

At a Williams-Sonoma store I bought a Jura-Capresso ($1,999 USD) S8 super
automatic. The automatic espresso maker, auto cleaner portion works great
but after 3 weeks of use (2 cups of latte per day) the steam/frother tube
("dual frother plus") started to leak hot water out of the top (where it
connects with a fixed tube) and into your cup while you are
steaming/frothing. This dilutes & fills your drink up with water. I called
Jura's help desk (not very helpful) and they finally sent a replacement
"dual frother plus" part which did not fix the problem. Williams-Sonoma
guarantees for life anything you buy there so I exchanged it for another. A
month later, the same problem on the new machine. I called Williams-Sonoma
again and they are to contact Jura-Capresso to see why the S8 super
automatic keeps failing. I think it was poorly engineered. Two questions:
1. Has anyone had this or similar problem with a Jura-Capresso machine (most
have similar steam systems)
2. Any recommendations on a super automatic under $3,000

Starsha

"Larry" > wrote

> At a Williams-Sonoma store I bought a Jura-Capresso ($1,999 USD) S8 super
> automatic. The automatic espresso maker, auto cleaner portion works great
>
> 2. Any recommendations on a super automatic under $3,000

You'll have to wait a few weeks (I beleive it will be available around
Thanksgiving), but you might want to try this:
http://proline.kitchenaid.com/counte...p_products.asp
Meanwhile, you can d/l the owner's manual.

Good luck,

Starsha

"Larry" > wrote

> At a Williams-Sonoma store I bought a Jura-Capresso ($1,999 USD) S8 super
> automatic. The automatic espresso maker, auto cleaner portion works great
>
> 2. Any recommendations on a super automatic under $3,000

You'll have to wait a few weeks (I beleive it will be available around
Thanksgiving), but you might want to try this:
http://proline.kitchenaid.com/counte...p_products.asp
Meanwhile, you can d/l the owner's manual.

Good luck,

Goat

Thanks. It looks good and has 2 year warranty. I'll wait and see reviews
from those who buy/try first.

"Starsha" > wrote in message

> "Larry" > wrote
>
> > At a Williams-Sonoma store I bought a Jura-Capresso ($1,999 USD) S8

super
> > automatic. The automatic espresso maker, auto cleaner portion works

great

> > 2. Any recommendations on a super automatic under $3,000
> >

> You'll have to wait a few weeks (I beleive it will be available around
> Thanksgiving), but you might want to try this:
> http://proline.kitchenaid.com/counte...p_products.asp
> Meanwhile, you can d/l the owner's manual.
>
> Good luck,

Goat

"Starsha" > wrote in message

> "Larry" > wrote
>
> > At a Williams-Sonoma store I bought a Jura-Capresso ($1,999 USD) S8

super
> > automatic. The automatic espresso maker, auto cleaner portion works

great

> > 2. Any recommendations on a super automatic under $3,000
> >

> You'll have to wait a few weeks (I beleive it will be available around
> Thanksgiving), but you might want to try this:
> http://proline.kitchenaid.com/counte...p_products.asp
> Meanwhile, you can d/l the owner's manual.
>
> Good luck,

Richard Hurwitz

Larry,

Look into the Astra line. We've had ours for over a year and we love
it. Original cost: $2600 USD. Included large capacity coffee grinder
and small water softening tank. Salt for water softener needs
replacement every few months. Ours has Steam and Hot Water.

Good luck,

Richard

Larry wrote:
> At a Williams-Sonoma store I bought a Jura-Capresso ($1,999 USD) S8 super
> automatic. The automatic espresso maker, auto cleaner portion works great
> but after 3 weeks of use (2 cups of latte per day) the steam/frother tube
> ("dual frother plus") started to leak hot water out of the top (where it
> connects with a fixed tube) and into your cup while you are
> steaming/frothing. This dilutes & fills your drink up with water. I called
> Jura's help desk (not very helpful) and they finally sent a replacement
> "dual frother plus" part which did not fix the problem. Williams-Sonoma
> guarantees for life anything you buy there so I exchanged it for another. A
> month later, the same problem on the new machine. I called Williams-Sonoma
> again and they are to contact Jura-Capresso to see why the S8 super
> automatic keeps failing. I think it was poorly engineered. Two questions:
> 1. Has anyone had this or similar problem with a Jura-Capresso machine (most
> have similar steam systems)
> 2. Any recommendations on a super automatic under $3,000

Richard Hurwitz