Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

Default Seeking a low-capacity grinder (non-coffee and coffee)

I have been looking all over (including on the Internet) for
a grinder (coffee/non-coffee uses).

The smallest seems to be a countertop Braun/Krups ($20 at
Target), and that is about 3-5 times larger (in terms of
capacity--grinder size is irrelevant) than is needed. I
tried one for a couple days--and it "sort of " worked. It
ground everything to a non-lumpy powder (good), but the
process also coated the entire inside surface of the
grinding bowl while doing the grinding (and most of what was
staying in the grinding bowl would not come out unless it
was washed). I would have to add double the amount to get
out the desired volume--which is wasteful in so many ways.

I think a grinding bowl about 1" to 1.5" tall and maybe 2"
across is big enough for my needs. The ones I see are all 3"
x 5" oblong (or 3" to 5" diameter) and 3"-4+" tall.

Even a manual grinder (spice grinder, for example) is far
too large, as it is designed to hold a volume for grinding.
Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 18:57:24 -0500, Gerald Abrahamson
> wrote:

>I have been looking all over (including on the Internet) for
>a grinder (coffee/non-coffee uses).
>
>The smallest seems to be a countertop Braun/Krups ($20 at
>Target), and that is about 3-5 times larger (in terms of
>capacity--grinder size is irrelevant) than is needed. I
>tried one for a couple days--and it "sort of " worked. It
>ground everything to a non-lumpy powder (good), but the
>process also coated the entire inside surface of the
>grinding bowl while doing the grinding (and most of what was
>staying in the grinding bowl would not come out unless it
>was washed). I would have to add double the amount to get
>out the desired volume--which is wasteful in so many ways.
>
>I think a grinding bowl about 1" to 1.5" tall and maybe 2"
>across is big enough for my needs. The ones I see are all 3"
>x 5" oblong (or 3" to 5" diameter) and 3"-4+" tall.
>
>Even a manual grinder (spice grinder, for example) is far
>too large, as it is designed to hold a volume for grinding.

Oops, the one I got at Target was a Mr. Coffee (not
Braun/Krups).