Karen Salomon

Default Trader Joe's semi-sweet chocolate chips

Hi all. I was in line at Trader Joes and noticed a pile of boxes with items
waiting to be stocked. One box was labeled Callebaut. I peeked inside and
it contained packages of semi-sweet chocolate chips with the Trader Joe's
label. I bought a few packages, but haven't tried them yet.

On the subject of chocolate chips, I have tried the new Hershey's Special
Dark chips, and I thought they were good. I hope these will still be
stocked in my grocery store now that the holidays are over.

Rocky

On the subject of Trader Joe's - they are a great place to get several
kinds of chocolate - and at very good prices. At Christmastime, and
perhaps later, they have 10 pound(!) Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate bars
for $20. That's only $2 a pound - a fabulous deal. They have good
prices on Valhrona, which is normally premium priced, too.

And I just found a new line of varietal chocolates from "Chocovic"
there. These are samples of the three principal varieties of chocolate
- straight 71% cocao, no vanilla. Perfect for training your palate and
creating your own custom blends.

I asked them to see if they could carry Lindt, too. If you guys all
ask, there'll be a better chance they might do it. I get Lindt at
excellent prices at Rodman's Drug Stores in the DC area, but if Trader
Joe's had it, I could get all my chocolate there. :-)

Enjoy,

Rocky

===

In article >, Karen Salomon