Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default How Long to Cook Chicken Wings

People really love to eat chicken wings. There are so many ways to
prepare chicken wings and they make fantastic appetizers and party
foods. One of the questions I am often asked is, "How long to cook
chicken wings".
Chicken wings can be cooked using several different methods. I prefer
deep frying wings but you can also pan fry your wings or bake them.
Let's take a look at each method and you can decide for yourself which
method is best for you.
Before you cook your chicken wings you will need to make sure they are
completely thawed. This can be accomplished by letting them sit in the
refrigerator for a day or two before cooking. When you are ready to
cook your wings, rinse them in cold water and pat them dry with a
paper towel.
If you will be deep frying your chicken wings be sure they are dry
before placing them in the hot oil to avoid painful splatters. Heat
your oil to 375 degrees. Once the oil is hot you can begin cooking
your wings. Fill the fryer basket with a single layer of wings. You
want the oil to just cover the wings when lowered into the oil. Lower
the wings into the oil slowly and cook for 12 to 15 minutes. This will
make a nicely browned chicken wing that is crispy on the outside and
juicy and tender inside.
You may also opt to pan fry your wings if you do not have a deep
fryer. This would be my second choice. Use a large frying pan for this
method. Pour enough oil in the pan to cover the bottom. Heat the oil
over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot place your wings in a
single layer into the hot oil. Cook the wings for 6 to 7 minutes and
then turn them over to cook for another 6 to 7 minutes. You could also
use a wok to fry your wings. This will also make a nice crispy outside
and tender inside.
My least favorite method of cooking chicken wings is to bake them.
Baking them is a much healthier alternative to all of the frying but
the wings will not be nearly as crispy. However if you need to bake
your wings heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the wings in a glass
baking dish that has been coated with a little non-stick cooking
spray. Bake the wings for about 30 to 40 minutes. You want to be sure
the juices run clear from the wings.
Well there you go three methods to cook chicken wings. Always remember
to wash your hands and all utensils when working with raw chicken.
Enjoy those tasty little treats.

Over 200 Low Calorie Recipes for the HCG Phase - http://www.hcgrecipes.tk/
Member

Location: Los Angeles

Thanks for the different methods for cooking chicken wings. I wish I had a deep fryer, but then again I'd probably have a few more lbs.!
Member

Wow, That's a great share. Can anyone teach me here on how to bake chicken wings that taste so good? I just love to try different way of cooking chicken wings .