Randal

Default Single Beer Bottles, Colorado Springs

Coal Train has some single 12oz, but many many more 22oz and pints - a
great selection. Coal Train is @ Uintah & 25. The best all-around
selection though is probably had at Springs Liquor Outlet on N.
Carefree & Powers.

_Randal

Ernest

"Randal" > wrote in news:1105718978.717157.90530
@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> great selection. Coal Train is @ Uintah & 25. The best all-around
> selection though is probably had at Springs Liquor Outlet on N.
> Carefree & Powers.

Is that different than "Colorado's Liquor Outlet" at 1615 Briargate Blvd?
Or did they move?

Cheers,
Ern
Randal

It's exactly the same in every way except for the name. Plus it's brand
new and they have a *LOT* more bomber singles. I just love a place that
keeps all its beer in the cooler.

_Randal

Ernest

"Randal" > wrote in news:1105735676.840725.291060
@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> It's exactly the same in every way except for the name. Plus it's brand
> new and they have a *LOT* more bomber singles. I just love a place that
> keeps all its beer in the cooler.

Cool, I added both to RateBeer so I won't forget to check 'em out the next
time I drive down (Coaltrain was already on there). It's too bad the
yellow pages isn't of better use...if stores with a large beer selection
would just list themselves under "Beer", it wouldn't be such a pain to find
the needles in the haystack when travelling.

Thanks,
Ern
Randal

If you are just travelling through I would recommend you pay a visit to
the Bristol Brewery tasting area. Always something unique on tap in a
relaxed envrionment for the travel weary. Darn good beer too.
http://www.bristolbrewing.com

_Randal

Bill Becker

"Randal" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> If you are just travelling through I would recommend you pay a visit to
> the Bristol Brewery tasting area. Always something unique on tap in a
> relaxed envrionment for the travel weary. Darn good beer too.
> http://www.bristolbrewing.com
>
> _Randal

I just checked out their website...looks like they make a nice range of
session beers.

Best regards,
Bill

Randal

Yeah their regular beers are dependable and clean but you'll find no
tongue poppers. Now, their Skull-N-Bones experiments on the other hand
are outstanding. Pseudo-spontaneously fermented with wild yeast based
on 7 isolates from wild raspberries in Cheyenne Mountain Canyon and
secondary fermented in oak casks that have been innoculated with the
aformentioned yeast and honey additions. Excellent excellent beers.
_Randal

Beer Guy wrote:

> Is there perhaps a Colorado law that prevents buying singls?

That was my thought when you first posted the question. Haven't you
ever asked that question at the stores you've visited? (Personally, I
don't like to buy loose bottles of any beers that come in 6-packs, just
seems to me to be a good way to buy old, mis-handled (or questionable),
more expensive beer, but I know it's popular around here. Heck, I don't
even like to buy beer in 6-packs, when they may have been exposed to
long to light...).

> They did have a nice selection of Dogfish Head beers, but no World Wide
> Stout...

I think one may only come loose (never seen it as part of a six- or
four-pack like many of the other DH beers) and IIRC it's only brewed
once a year and has a limited distribution, so maybe you've answered
your own question...

Beer Guy wrote:

> Is there perhaps a Colorado law that prevents buying singls?

That was my thought when you first posted the question. Haven't you
ever asked that question at the stores you've visited? (Personally, I
don't like to buy loose bottles of any beers that come in 6-packs, just
seems to me to be a good way to buy old, mis-handled (or questionable),
more expensive beer, but I know it's popular around here. Heck, I don't
even like to buy beer in 6-packs, when they may have been exposed to
long to light...).

> They did have a nice selection of Dogfish Head beers, but no World Wide
> Stout...

I think one may only come loose (never seen it as part of a six- or
four-pack like many of the other DH beers) and IIRC it's only brewed
once a year and has a limited distribution, so maybe you've answered
your own question...

Ernest

"Beer Guy" > wrote in news:1105814036.337033.29020
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Is there perhaps a Colorado law that prevents buying singls?

Nope. Plenty of stores sell 12oz bottles in singles in Denver, Boulder,
Ft. Collins, etc. Others don't, so...depends on the store.

> They did have a nice selection of Dogfish Head beers, but no World Wide
> Stout...

Liquor Mart in Boulder still has some of the 2004 edition (2001 and 2003
have been the best so far IMHO). So you still should be able to chance
across it.

Cheers,
Ern