how long do you parboil chicken?

Old 27-07-2006, 06:15 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default how long do you parboil chicken?

Can anyone tell me how long to parboil chicken breast with the bone in and
skin on before I put it on the grill? Thanks for the replies.

Old 27-07-2006, 06:43 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Butch" Thanks for the replies.

/| /| ___________________________________
||__|| | |
/ O O\_| PLEASE DO NOT |
/ \ | FEED THE TROLLS |
/ \ \|_________________________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ C_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

Graeme

Old 27-07-2006, 06:49 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:15:36 -0400, "Butch"
wrote:

Can anyone tell me how long to parboil chicken breast with the bone in and
skin on before I put it on the grill? Thanks for the replies.

14 minutes.

HTH. HAND.
--
"Danked," the past participle of "dank", is used to refer to someone
who replies to his own post on an online forum posing as another person
Old 27-07-2006, 06:51 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 7/27/06, Butch wrote:

Can anyone tell me how long to parboil chicken breast with the bone in and
skin on before I put it on the grill? Thanks for the replies.

I'm a beginner, but I haven't found any reason to parboil chicken. Either
for grilling or barbecuing.

If you are having trouble with burning the bird's outside before the inside
is done, you probably need to work on temperature control a bit more.

Mike

Old 27-07-2006, 08:34 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

Can anyone tell me how long to parboil chicken breast with the bone in and
skin on before I put it on the grill? Thanks for the replies.

14 minutes.

HTH. HAND.

Changing the water twice, of course.

Cam

Old 27-07-2006, 11:04 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Graeme...in London" wrote:
"Butch" Thanks for the replies.

/| /| _____________________
||__|| | |
/ O O\_ | PLEASE DO NOT |
/ \ | FEED THE TROLLS |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ C_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

Graeme has said it all, asshole!

~Semper Fi~
Old 27-07-2006, 11:14 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"alt.food.barbecue" wrote:
On 7/27/06, Butch wrote:

Can anyone tell me how long to parboil chicken breast with the bone in
and skin on before I put it on the grill? Thanks for the replies.

I'm a beginner, but I haven't found any reason to parboil chicken.
Either for grilling or barbecuing.

If you are having trouble with burning the bird's outside before the
inside is done, you probably need to work on temperature control a bit
more.

Most highly esteemed Mike,

Please check out http://tinyurl.com/dpzvx to see with whom you deal.

BTW Welcome aboard!

~Semper Fi~
Old 28-07-2006, 12:49 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 27 Jul 2006 22:14:00 GMT,

Most highly esteemed Mike,

Please check out
http://tinyurl.com/dpzvx to see with whom you deal.

BTW Welcome aboard!

Sometimes the line between "ignorant", "idiot" and "troll" is a thin one.
I assumed "ignorant", which is curable and there's no shame in being
ignorant... we've all been there. Sorry about that, didn't know the guy's
history.

Thanks for the welcome,
Mike

Old 28-07-2006, 01:56 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Butch" wrote in message
.. .
Can anyone tell me how long to parboil chicken breast with the bone in and
skin on before I put it on the grill? Thanks for the replies.

I like to simmer it for a couple of hours. Gets the fat and flavor out of
it. Real barbecued chicken relies on a good sauce for the flavor. I like
Kraft myself. We add a little sugar to sweeten it up a little, and a 1/4
cup of liquid smoke.

Old 28-07-2006, 02:53 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

I like to simmer it for a couple of hours. Gets the fat and flavor out of
it. Real barbecued chicken relies on a good sauce for the flavor. I like
Kraft myself. We add a little sugar to sweeten it up a little, and a 1/4
cup of liquid smoke.

You forgot to brine it in the garage for three days!

Old 28-07-2006, 10:03 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote in message
"Graeme...in London" wrote:

Graeme has said it all, asshole!

Said asshole is MIA.

Even a man with blocked sinuses can sniff a troll.

Graeme

Old 29-07-2006, 12:50 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Graeme...in London" wrote:

Even a man with blocked sinuses can sniff a troll.

Perhaps this will help:

http://www.cybersalt.org/cleanlaugh/yourturn/yt4.htm

~Semper Fi~
Old 26-08-2006, 04:56 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

Can anyone tell me how long to parboil chicken breast with the bone in and
skin on before I put it on the grill? Thanks for the replies.

14 minutes.

HTH. HAND.

Changing the water twice, of course.

Cam

If you are going to par boil you chicken you should fortify youst liquid
with mire-pox (Carrots, onion, celery) and definatly NOT change your
water.

But when you grill you should have no need to par boil your chicken. My
mom does but I think its because she thinks she will die from eating it if
she does not. Just cook it throughly....

-Raging CHef