Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default What better way....

It's "Dads" day... kids are scattered all over the place,
it's 95dF and humid as h*ll... what better way to do it than
fire up the smoker and throw on some ribs at 250dF and grill
up some veggies on the gasser. Served with a brew in a mug
just outta the freezer of course.

Lookin' forward to some good eats in a few hours! :-D

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin wrote:
> It's "Dads" day... kids are scattered all over the place,
> it's 95dF and humid as h*ll... what better way to do it than
> fire up the smoker and throw on some ribs at 250dF and grill
> up some veggies on the gasser. Served with a brew in a mug
> just outta the freezer of course.
>
> Lookin' forward to some good eats in a few hours! :-D
>
> --
> Steve

That's the way to celebrate, daddy-o.

I'm having the in-laws over for grilled salmon (f-i-l loves fish; m-i-l
doesn't, so he usually gets fish here). Costco now has wild caught.

He likes beets, too, and I scored a couple of big ones at the farmer's
market. They're getting a headstart in the Kamado. When the guests
get here, I'll open up the vents to grilling temp for the salmon.

Sauteed chard on the side, with a little home-made red-wine vinegar.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Louis Cohen wrote:

> Sauteed chard on the side, with a little home-made red-wine vinegar.

Enjoy Louis!

How do you do the vinegar? I've never made that but have
thought about it. Did you get some "mother" from somewhere?

How's it compare (I know, this is probably a stupid
question), with the stuff you can buy?

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Just had my Dad over. Steamed up some clams, bbq'ed some lobster tails,
grilled up some nice steaks, some nice corn on the cob and salt 'taters. I'm
ready to explode !

Ed

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> It's "Dads" day... kids are scattered all over the place, it's 95dF and
> humid as h*ll... what better way to do it than fire up the smoker and
> throw on some ribs at 250dF and grill up some veggies on the gasser.
> Served with a brew in a mug just outta the freezer of course.
>
> Lookin' forward to some good eats in a few hours! :-D
>
> --
> Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 18 Jun 2006 13:51:43 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
> wrote:

>He likes beets, too, and I scored a couple of big ones at the farmer's
>market. They're getting a headstart in the Kamado.

Smoked beets, Louis? Tell me more.