How many ribs?

Old 13-06-2006, 01:08 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default How many ribs?

My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a nutritionist
on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs and a half ear of
corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should not have any sour cream or
mayo, just some vinegar.

I'm glad I could bring you this helpful information to guide your meal
planning. Happy eating!

Old 13-06-2006, 01:17 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a nutritionist
on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs and a half ear of
corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should not have any sour cream or
mayo, just some vinegar.

I'm glad I could bring you this helpful information to guide your meal
planning. Happy eating!

Wow, that seems like an awful lot. I could never eat two whole racks
of ribs myself. ;-)

I suppose this nutritionist was also 4'9" tall and weighed about 82
lbs.
Old 13-06-2006, 01:22 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net
:: My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a
nutritionist
:: on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs and a
half ear of
:: corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should not have any sour
cream or
:: mayo, just some vinegar.
::
:: I'm glad I could bring you this helpful information to guide your
meal
:: planning. Happy eating!

LOL

To quote someone from the Tampa area...

"I could put that in my eye"

But with any kind of BBQ, I do agree about the cole slaw (I'm guessing
that it could have some black and red pepper in the vinegar?)

BOB

Old 13-06-2006, 02:57 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net...
My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a
nutritionist on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs and
a half ear of corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should not have any
sour cream or mayo, just some vinegar.

I'm glad I could bring you this helpful information to guide your meal
planning. Happy eating!

Thanks, Ed. I'm glad I read this as I need to do some careful snack
planning for a party of 2.

Jack

Old 13-06-2006, 05:35 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 00:08:36 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a nutritionist
on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs and a half ear of
corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should not have any sour cream or
mayo, just some vinegar.

I'm glad I could bring you this helpful information to guide your meal
planning. Happy eating!

We remain eternally gratefull to you, Ed for sharing this with us . .
.. [Blech ! ;o)

Harry
Old 15-06-2006, 10:30 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
. net:

My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a
nutritionist on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs
and a half ear of corn if you put butter on it.

When I cater an event, I generally find average eaters will eat 2-4 of
those sized servings apiece! For a mixed age and size group, I usualy
prepare 1/3 to 1/2 side of ribs per person. For a group of big eaters, I
prepare 2 sides of ribs for every three persons.
Old 15-06-2006, 11:27 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Barry Bean" wrote in message
. ..
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
. net:

My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a
nutritionist on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs
and a half ear of corn if you put butter on it.

When I cater an event, I generally find average eaters will eat 2-4 of
those sized servings apiece! For a mixed age and size group, I usualy
prepare 1/3 to 1/2 side of ribs per person. For a group of big eaters, I
prepare 2 sides of ribs for every three persons.

Yep, half a rack and two ears of corn sound about right to me. I'll have
some slaw, a helping of those baked beans, and some of that applesauce, too,
please. What's for dessert?

;o) Rich

Old 16-06-2006, 02:57 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
adm

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net...
My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a
nutritionist on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs and
a half ear of corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should not have any
sour cream or mayo, just some vinegar.

I'm glad I could bring you this helpful information to guide your meal
planning. Happy eating!

My six year old eats a whole rack himself and my three year old eats a half
rack. And they both eat a whole ear of corn each. Maybe she was talking
about my one and a half year old child who manages at least two or three
ribs at a go, even if he can't get all the meat off them by himself yet.

Old 18-06-2006, 01:35 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a nutritionist
on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs and a half ear of
corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should not have any sour cream or
mayo, just some vinegar.

I'm glad I could bring you this helpful information to guide your meal
planning. Happy eating!

If the ribs are the only meat served for the meal, I figure on one rack
per person. And we only serve whole ears of corn at my house, none of
this cutting them in half nonsense.

Old 18-06-2006, 05:41 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote in message
If the ribs are the only meat served for the meal, I figure on one rack
per person. And we only serve whole ears of corn at my house, none of
this cutting them in half nonsense.

This shows an obvious lack of concern for the health of your guests. If
they die, they may sue you.

Old 20-06-2006, 01:40 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a
nutritionist on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare
ribs and a half ear of corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should
not have any sour cream or mayo, just some vinegar.

Tell your wife to quit watchin the Today Show g
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry