FoodBanter.com

-   -   How many ribs? (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/93796-how-many-ribs.html)

Edwin Pawlowski 13-06-2006 01:08 AM

How many ribs?

My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a nutritionist
on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs and a half ear of
corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should not have any sour cream or
mayo, just some vinegar.

I'm glad I could bring you this helpful information to guide your meal
planning. Happy eating!

FuManchu 13-06-2006 01:17 AM

How many ribs?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

>My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a nutritionist
>on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs and a half ear of
>corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should not have any sour cream or
>mayo, just some vinegar.
>
>I'm glad I could bring you this helpful information to guide your meal
>planning. Happy eating!

Wow, that seems like an awful lot. I could never eat two whole racks
of ribs myself. ;-)

I suppose this nutritionist was also 4'9" tall and weighed about 82
lbs.

BOB[_1_] 13-06-2006 01:22 AM

How many ribs?

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. net
:: My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a
nutritionist
:: on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs and a
half ear of
:: corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should not have any sour
cream or
:: mayo, just some vinegar.
::
:: I'm glad I could bring you this helpful information to guide your
meal
:: planning. Happy eating!

LOL

To quote someone from the Tampa area...

"I could put that in my eye"

But with any kind of BBQ, I do agree about the cole slaw (I'm guessing
that it could have some black and red pepper in the vinegar?)

BOB

Jack Schidt® 13-06-2006 02:57 AM

How many ribs?

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. net...
> My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a
> nutritionist on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs and
> a half ear of corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should not have any
> sour cream or mayo, just some vinegar.
>
> I'm glad I could bring you this helpful information to guide your meal
> planning. Happy eating!

Thanks, Ed. I'm glad I read this as I need to do some careful snack
planning for a party of 2.

Jack

Harry Demidavicius 13-06-2006 05:35 AM

How many ribs?

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 00:08:36 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a nutritionist
>on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs and a half ear of
>corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should not have any sour cream or
>mayo, just some vinegar.
>
>I'm glad I could bring you this helpful information to guide your meal
>planning. Happy eating!

We remain eternally gratefull to you, Ed for sharing this with us . .
.. [Blech ! ;o)

Harry

Barry Bean 15-06-2006 10:30 PM

How many ribs?

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in
. net:

> My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a
> nutritionist on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs
> and a half ear of corn if you put butter on it.

When I cater an event, I generally find average eaters will eat 2-4 of
those sized servings apiece! For a mixed age and size group, I usualy
prepare 1/3 to 1/2 side of ribs per person. For a group of big eaters, I
prepare 2 sides of ribs for every three persons.

Rich[_1_] 15-06-2006 11:27 PM

How many ribs?

"Barry Bean" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in
> . net:
>
>> My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a
>> nutritionist on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs
>> and a half ear of corn if you put butter on it.

> When I cater an event, I generally find average eaters will eat 2-4 of
> those sized servings apiece! For a mixed age and size group, I usualy
> prepare 1/3 to 1/2 side of ribs per person. For a group of big eaters, I
> prepare 2 sides of ribs for every three persons.

Yep, half a rack and two ears of corn sound about right to me. I'll have
some slaw, a helping of those baked beans, and some of that applesauce, too,
please. What's for dessert?

;o) Rich

adm 16-06-2006 02:57 PM

How many ribs?

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. net...
> My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a
> nutritionist on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs and
> a half ear of corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should not have any
> sour cream or mayo, just some vinegar.
>
> I'm glad I could bring you this helpful information to guide your meal
> planning. Happy eating!

My six year old eats a whole rack himself and my three year old eats a half
rack. And they both eat a whole ear of corn each. Maybe she was talking
about my one and a half year old child who manages at least two or three
ribs at a go, even if he can't get all the meat off them by himself yet.

[email protected] 18-06-2006 01:35 PM

How many ribs?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a nutritionist
> on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare ribs and a half ear of
> corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should not have any sour cream or
> mayo, just some vinegar.
>
> I'm glad I could bring you this helpful information to guide your meal
> planning. Happy eating!

If the ribs are the only meat served for the meal, I figure on one rack
per person. And we only serve whole ears of corn at my house, none of
this cutting them in half nonsense.

Edwin Pawlowski 18-06-2006 05:41 PM

How many ribs?

> wrote in message
> If the ribs are the only meat served for the meal, I figure on one rack
> per person. And we only serve whole ears of corn at my house, none of
> this cutting them in half nonsense.

This shows an obvious lack of concern for the health of your guests. If
they die, they may sue you.

frohe 20-06-2006 01:40 AM

How many ribs?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> My wife was watching the Today show this morning and they had a
> nutritionist on. She said a proper serving for a meal is 2 spare
> ribs and a half ear of corn if you put butter on it. Coleslaw should
> not have any sour cream or mayo, just some vinegar.

Tell your wife to quit watchin the Today Show <g>
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry