Traeger wood pellets / alternative pellets

Old 08-06-2006, 02:05 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Traeger wood pellets / alternative pellets

Where are those of you that have a Traeger pellet smoker getting your
pellets? I imagine it depends on your location. I live in
Kansas.....anyone know of stores that sell alternative pellets that may
be a little less expensive. I know that getting the pellets online is
expensive and the Traeger dealer in town is not cheap. Any info would
be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Old 08-06-2006, 06:33 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
On 7 Jun 2006 18:05:52 -0700, Decca wrote:

Where are those of you that have a Traeger pellet smoker getting your
pellets? I imagine it depends on your location. I live in
Kansas.....anyone know of stores that sell alternative pellets that may
be a little less expensive. I know that getting the pellets online is
expensive and the Traeger dealer in town is not cheap. Any info would
be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I've never seen what Treager pellets look like like, but I've used
these before (for small smoking jobs). They're pellets - or
rabbit turds.

http://www.bbqrsdelight.com/

$16.99 for 20lbs is the same as Traeger charges. Best thing to do is ask
the local dealer for a volume discount. I bought 10 bags from a local
guy for $20 per 40lb bag. They've lasted me about 3-yrs.

--
Stan