FoodBanter.com

-   -   Traeger wood pellets / alternative pellets (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/93403-traeger-wood-pellets-alternative.html)

Decca 08-06-2006 02:05 AM

Traeger wood pellets / alternative pellets

Where are those of you that have a Traeger pellet smoker getting your
pellets? I imagine it depends on your location. I live in
Kansas.....anyone know of stores that sell alternative pellets that may
be a little less expensive. I know that getting the pellets online is
expensive and the Traeger dealer in town is not cheap. Any info would
be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Stan (the Man)[_1_] 08-06-2006 06:33 PM

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On 7 Jun 2006 18:05:52 -0700, Decca wrote:
>
>> Where are those of you that have a Traeger pellet smoker getting your
>> pellets? I imagine it depends on your location. I live in
>> Kansas.....anyone know of stores that sell alternative pellets that may
>> be a little less expensive. I know that getting the pellets online is
>> expensive and the Traeger dealer in town is not cheap. Any info would
>> be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

> I've never seen what Treager pellets look like like, but I've used
> these before (for small smoking jobs). They're pellets - or
> rabbit turds.
>
> http://www.bbqrsdelight.com/

$16.99 for 20lbs is the same as Traeger charges. Best thing to do is ask
the local dealer for a volume discount. I bought 10 bags from a local
guy for $20 per 40lb bag. They've lasted me about 3-yrs.

--
Stan