Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Problem with Weber Silver

We've had our Weber Silver A for several years so I'm sure it's time to
replace a few parts. The problem we're having is that with all three
burners on high it takes a long time to even get up to 350 degrees. It
used to be the grill heated up too fast, now we can't get it hot enough
at times. The propane tank is full. No kinks in the hose.

New burners? Something else?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Jason Nash" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> We've had our Weber Silver A for several years so I'm sure it's time to
> replace a few parts. The problem we're having is that with all three
> burners on high it takes a long time to even get up to 350 degrees. It
> used to be the grill heated up too fast, now we can't get it hot enough
> at times. The propane tank is full. No kinks in the hose.
>
> New burners? Something else?

New tank or newly filled tank? The OPD valve may be blocking the flow.
Usually, you just shit the gas down, slowly open the valve and it will be
OK.

Also possible you have spider nests in the burner vents. Check them to be
sure they are clean.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Jason Nash" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> We've had our Weber Silver A for several years so I'm sure it's time to
> replace a few parts. The problem we're having is that with all three
> burners on high it takes a long time to even get up to 350 degrees. It
> used to be the grill heated up too fast, now we can't get it hot enough
> at times. The propane tank is full. No kinks in the hose.
>
> New burners? Something else?

That's exactly what happened to my Silver B.
Make sure your propane regulator is working properly. That's the hose and
flow limiter between your tank and your grill. All grills, all brands, use
the same regulator. If you pull up this:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...e&rnum=1&hl=en
on google it will tell what to do.
The above didn't work, and replacing it brought everything back to normal.
They cost about $20. This is a flow limiter, or whatever it is that the FEDS
brought to us a number of years ago, in response to God knows what, probably
some lobbyist.
The burners should be fine.
Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Jason Nash" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> We've had our Weber Silver A for several years so I'm sure it's time to
> replace a few parts. The problem we're having is that with all three
> burners on high it takes a long time to even get up to 350 degrees. It
> used to be the grill heated up too fast, now we can't get it hot enough
> at times. The propane tank is full. No kinks in the hose.
>
> New burners? Something else?

Sounds like the flow restrictor in the regulator has kicked in. Usually the
manual has instructions on how to deal with this. On the Weber site at
their gas grill FAQ they give instructions on how to remedy this
http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/support/gasfaq.aspx

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Jason Nash" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> We've had our Weber Silver A for several years so I'm sure it's time to
> replace a few parts. The problem we're having is that with all three
> burners on high it takes a long time to even get up to 350 degrees. It
> used to be the grill heated up too fast, now we can't get it hot enough
> at times. The propane tank is full. No kinks in the hose.
>
> New burners? Something else?

Sounds like the flow restrictor in the regulator has kicked in. Usually the
manual has instructions on how to deal with this. On the Weber site at
their gas grill FAQ they give instructions on how to remedy this
http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/support/gasfaq.aspx

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Thanks everyone! I'll give resetting the flow regulator a shot
tomorrow then work from there.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Jason Nash" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> We've had our Weber Silver A for several years so I'm sure it's time to
> replace a few parts. The problem we're having is that with all three
> burners on high it takes a long time to even get up to 350 degrees. It
> used to be the grill heated up too fast, now we can't get it hot enough
> at times. The propane tank is full. No kinks in the hose.
>
> New burners? Something else?

Jason, the regulator is a universal product you can buy pretty much anywhere
that will fit any grill. I got mine at Barbecues Galore for $20, less than
Weber if you include shipping. They most likely have it at Home De Pot.
Let us all know if this worked for you.
Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

It was the flow regulator. I followed the steps on Weber's site and
now it's working perfectly. Thanks everyone!

Weber Genesis B Silver-Our New Toy Goomba38 General Cooking 16 30-05-2007 02:45 AM
Smoke in the Weber Silver C at 250 deg?? geemike Barbecue 5 15-09-2006 09:38 AM
Weber Silver A toller Barbecue 79 06-08-2005 03:43 AM
Weber Genesis Silver B - Question... H Smith Barbecue 6 01-07-2005 03:02 PM
Weber Summit Silver - First Impressions Paul Romesburg Barbecue 17 28-07-2004 03:13 AM