Gas grill side burner question

Old 31-05-2006, 12:51 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Gas grill side burner question

So, I usually cook on a Kamado, but I have a cheapo Fiesta gas grill I
use for side dishes and for the wife to make quick lunch burgers/hot
dogs (and, since the house came with an electric range and oven, cooking
and heating snow for water when the power goes out in the winter g).

The Fiesta has a side burner- the gas connects to the tank with a "T"
connector, one hose goes to the grill, one hose goes to the side burner.
This spring, the side burner is burning real inefficently- large 4-6"
yellow flame that puts an incedible amount of carbon dust on the bottom
of my wok, etc. The propane doesn't seem to come out of the burner
holes with the same pressure (it even sound weak or slow before
lighting). Is it worth taking the burner assembly apart for cleaning or
more likely a problem with the on/off valve? (The grill side seems to
work fine, so I don't think it's a matter of the tank or the safety
feature).

Old 31-05-2006, 03:47 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 31 May 2006 07:51:25 -0400, wrote:

[...]

See "Why is the flame in my gas grill yellow?"

http://bbq.about.com/od/grillsfaq/f/f070604d.htm
Old 01-06-2006, 03:32 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote in message
The Fiesta has a side burner- the gas connects to the tank with a "T"
connector, one hose goes to the grill, one hose goes to the side burner.
This spring, the side burner is burning real inefficently- large 4-6"
yellow flame that puts an incedible amount of carbon dust on the bottom of
my wok, etc. The propane doesn't seem to come out of the burner holes
with the same pressure (it even sound weak or slow before lighting). Is
it worth taking the burner assembly apart for cleaning or more likely a
problem with the on/off valve? (The grill side seems to work fine, so I
don't think it's a matter of the tank or the safety feature).

Most likely you will find a spider nest in the tubes. Clean it out and it
will be as before. Some have a screen for protection, but the little
buggers still get in.

gas grill cover question Phyllis Stone General Cooking 23 15-01-2006 10:17 AM
Xmas barbecue Kathy in NZ General Cooking 36 18-10-2005 12:33 AM
recipes Mike \Piedmont\ Barbecue 2 27-09-2005 02:02 PM
Newbie Grill Question nib Barbecue 18 21-12-2004 01:45 PM
Cast Iron Burner (LP grill) Question Jeremy Jones Barbecue 4 09-01-2004 06:00 PM