Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Ken Sternberg

Default My New Charbroil Electric Smoker

I got one for Christmas (or was it Kwanza?) and I'm psyched. I live in
Massachusetts where it is now pretty darned cold. I want to wrap the
smoker in some insulation. What is the most efficient, reasonably
priced material to use? I've heard a hot water blanket is good.

Thank you.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Heavy_Smoker

Ken Sternberg said

> I got one for Christmas (or was it Kwanza?) and I'm psyched. I
> live in Massachusetts where it is now pretty darned cold. I want
> to wrap the smoker in some insulation. What is the most
> efficient, reasonably priced material to use? I've heard a hot
> water blanket is good.

Menards (a local hardware store) used to carry a blanket specific to
bullet smokers. I put -two- over my CB and smoked well into
wintertime.

It has silver covering like aluminum foil, some white clothlike
substance in between, and snaps along one side.

Have fun!

--
Better living through smoking.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
phyteach

Failing that, you could get your hands on a hot water heater blanket.
They sound like they are made from the same material mentioned above.