case of spare ribs for $29.99

Old 22-12-2005, 09:21 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

Default case of spare ribs for $29.99

Just left my local butcher and they have 30lb cases of spare ribs of
$29.99...is that a very good deal or avarge? i have a freezer i could
put them in if it is a real good deal. the fresh spare ribs where 2.99
a lb.

Old 22-12-2005, 09:35 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

On 22 Dec 2005 13:21:57 -0800, "jimmyz"
wrote:

Just left my local butcher and they have 30lb cases of spare ribs of
$29.99...is that a very good deal or avarge? i have a freezer i could
put them in if it is a real good deal. the fresh spare ribs where 2.99
a lb.

A dollar a pound? I'd file that under "If it sounds too good to be
true . . ."

My last encounter with dirt-cheap spares was a case of frozen spares
imported from Denmark. They were just plain wrong in a dozen different
ways.

Old 22-12-2005, 10:25 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

"jimmyz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just left my local butcher and they have 30lb cases of spare ribs of
$29.99...is that a very good deal or avarge? i have a freezer i could
put them in if it is a real good deal. the fresh spare ribs where 2.99
a lb.

if they look good buy them---if nothing else they will be good with
sauerkrautsf

Buzz

Old 23-12-2005, 12:46 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

On 22-Dec-2005, "jimmyz" wrote:

Just left my local butcher and they have 30lb cases of spare ribs of
$29.99...is that a very good deal or avarge? i have a freezer i could
put them in if it is a real good deal. the fresh spare ribs where 2.99
a lb.

A good deal is under $1.50/lb.

--
Brick(I'm paddling as fast as I can)

Old 26-12-2005, 04:45 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

jimmyz wrote:
Just left my local butcher and they have 30lb cases of spare ribs of
$29.99...is that a very good deal or avarge? i have a freezer i could
put them in if it is a real good deal. the fresh spare ribs where 2.99
a lb.

Nope, not a good deal.......it's a freakin' steal!

Buy all you can store.

--
TFM®