Walmart Vacuum Sealer Bags

Old 08-11-2005, 07:24 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

Default Walmart Vacuum Sealer Bags

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:
Walmart is now carrying a Great Value brand of vacuum sealer bags/rolls.
Under $6.50+/- for 16 feet of 11" wide rolls. Anyone used these yet, I
haven't done a price comparison yet either

What brand(s) of vacuum sealer do they work with?

--
Stan
Old 08-11-2005, 07:46 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

Walmart is now carrying a Great Value brand of vacuum sealer bags/rolls.
Under $6.50+/- for 16 feet of 11" wide rolls. Anyone used these yet, I
haven't done a price comparison yet either
--
Regards, Mike (Piedmont)

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msn
Old 08-11-2005, 09:34 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

On 8-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)" wrote:

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:
Walmart is now carrying a Great Value brand of vacuum sealer bags/rolls.
Under $6.50+/- for 16 feet of 11" wide rolls. Anyone used these yet, I
haven't done a price comparison yet either

What brand(s) of vacuum sealer do they work with?

--
Stan

Must be channel bag rolls Stan. That's at least twice what I pay for single layer
non-channel bags. They'll work with any foodsaver knock-off as well as a snorkel
machine like mine.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Old 09-11-2005, 01:52 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

Stan (the Man) wrote:
Mike "Piedmont" wrote:
Walmart is now carrying a Great Value brand of vacuum sealer bags/rolls.
Under $6.50+/- for 16 feet of 11" wide rolls. Anyone used these yet, I
haven't done a price comparison yet either

What brand(s) of vacuum sealer do they work with?

--
Stan

They look the same as a food saver bag/roll. They don't have the
obnoxious inner flaps that the B&D ones have.

--
Regards, Mike (Piedmont)

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msn

What is needed next for mankind to advance is; Separation of business
from state, in addition to separation of church from state.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:01 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

I was looking at them too but bought the B&D ones because they had a
closeout and were cheaper. The box says works with all sealers.

Old 09-11-2005, 02:12 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:

Walmart is now carrying a Great Value brand of vacuum sealer bags/rolls.
Under $6.50+/- for 16 feet of 11" wide rolls. Anyone used these yet, I
haven't done a price comparison yet either

What brand(s) of vacuum sealer do they work with?

--
Stan

Must be channel bag rolls Stan. That's at least twice what I pay for single layer
non-channel bags. They'll work with any foodsaver knock-off as well as a snorkel
machine like mine.

Where do you get yours?

--
Stan
Old 09-11-2005, 08:08 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

Jmagerl wrote:
I was looking at them too but bought the B&D ones because they had a
closeout and were cheaper. The box says works with all sealers.

I didn't like the B&D for one reason, I wash and reuse and the B&D inner
flaps are a pain to wash thoroughly. Other than that they do the job.
But, I'd buy them again if they were marked down low enough!

Old 09-11-2005, 11:14 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

On 9-Nov-2005, "Mike \"Piedmont\"" wrote:

Jmagerl wrote:
I was looking at them too but bought the B&D ones because they had a
closeout and were cheaper. The box says works with all sealers.

I didn't like the B&D for one reason, I wash and reuse and the B&D inner
flaps are a pain to wash thoroughly. Other than that they do the job.
But, I'd buy them again if they were marked down low enough!

--
Regards, Mike (Piedmont)

I have no incentive to wash my 10 bags. That's why my food saver sits
under the counter someplace and my snorkel sealer sit on the counter-
top. I'm familiar with product loyalty, but loyalty to ripoff escapes me
completely.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Old 09-11-2005, 11:44 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

Default Walmart Vacuum Sealer Bags - "GlarZipLocVac'd.JPG" 57.8 KBytes

"Brick" wrote in message

On 9-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)" wrote:

Brick wrote:
On 8-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)"

wrote:

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:

Walmart is now carrying a Great Value brand of vacuum sealer

bags/rolls.
Under $6.50+/- for 16 feet of 11" wide rolls. Anyone used these yet,

haven't done a price comparison yet either

What brand(s) of vacuum sealer do they work with?

--
Stan

Must be channel bag rolls Stan. That's at least twice what I pay for

single layer
non-channel bags. They'll work with any foodsaver knock-off as well as

a snorkel
machine like mine.

Where do you get yours?

--
Stan

For openers Stan, I have a FoodSaver, but it stays under the counter and

comes
up only for vacuuming jars. My countertop vacuum machine is a Snorkel type
called "Sinbo VS280" from Sorbent Systems where I also purchase my 3 mil
single layer poly bags. If you're using a FoodSaver knockoff, the bags I

use
won't work on/in you machine. Will your machine vac and seal a "Glad"

ziplock?
Mine will. Check it out.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed

my mind.)

----

And this is not a binarys group.

Old 10-11-2005, 12:05 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

On 9-Nov-2005, "Jack Sloan" wrote:

"Brick" wrote in message

On 9-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)" wrote:

Brick wrote:
On 8-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)"

wrote:

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:

[...]

Well, shit does happen, doesn't it? And your on subject point is?

--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Old 10-11-2005, 01:53 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

"Brick" wrote in message

On 9-Nov-2005, "Jack Sloan" wrote:

"Brick" wrote in message

On 9-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)"

wrote:

Brick wrote:
On 8-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)"

wrote:

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:

[...]

Brick, have you been drinkin' again...I sure hope so, 'cause I have.
Jack

Old 10-11-2005, 03:48 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:

[...]

I believe Sorbent used to sell channel bags that were compatible with
the Tilia until Tilia went ballistic and stopped them.

If you're using a FoodSaver knockoff, the bags I use
won't work on/in you machine.

Mine is a Tilia. The 1050.

Will your machine vac and seal a "Glad" ziplock?
Mine will. Check it out.

I doubt it, but I'll give it a go.

--
Stan
Old 10-11-2005, 01:49 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

"Brick" wrote in message

On 9-Nov-2005, "Jack Sloan" wrote:

"Brick" wrote in message

On 9-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)"

wrote:

Brick wrote:
On 8-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)"
wrote:

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:

snip

Well, shit does happen, doesn't it? And your on subject point is?

Brick, have you been drinkin' again...I sure hope so, 'cause I have.
Jack

Jack, I never drink unless I'm alone or with somebody. And I never drink before
5 o'clock. Of course, it's always 5 o'clock somewhere.

--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Old 10-11-2005, 02:01 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

Jmagerl wrote:
I was looking at them too but bought the B&D ones because they had a
closeout and were cheaper. The box says works with all sealers.

I didn't like the B&D for one reason, I wash and reuse and the B&D inner
flaps are a pain to wash thoroughly. Other than that they do the job.
But, I'd buy them again if they were marked down low enough!

--
Regards, Mike (Piedmont)

I have no incentive to wash my 10 bags. That's why my food saver sits
under the counter someplace and my snorkel sealer sit on the counter-
top. I'm familiar with product loyalty, but loyalty to ripoff escapes me
completely.

Probably try the sinbo next time the food saver dies.

Old 10-11-2005, 03:03 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Usenet poster

Brick wrote:

On 8-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)" wrote:

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:

snip

For openers Stan, I have a FoodSaver, but it stays under the counter and comes
up only for vacuuming jars. My countertop vacuum machine is a Snorkel type
called "Sinbo VS280" from Sorbent Systems where I also purchase my 3 mil
single layer poly bags.

I believe Sorbent used to sell channel bags that were compatible with
the Tilia until Tilia went ballistic and stopped them.

The Tilia bags/rolls are apparently manufactured by Sorbent Systems. And yes
they used to sell them. Tilia holds the patent for their special channel bags and
apparently Sorbent didn't have a license to sell them.

If you're using a FoodSaver knockoff, the bags I use
won't work on/in you machine.

Mine is a Tilia. The 1050.

Will your machine vac and seal a "Glad" ziplock?
Mine will. Check it out.

I sound like I'm trying to be a smartass, but the point is that snorkel
machines like the Sinbo VS280 don't require any special type of bag
other then it be heat sealable.

While common Ziplock bags can be evacuated and sealed with a
snorkel machine they are highly unreliable for maintaining a vacuum
over time. The multilayer Tilia bags/rolls are clearly superior in that
regard, but not enough to justify the cost IMO.

I doubt it, but I'll give it a go.

--
Stan

Don't bother Stan. The Tilia design absolutely requires channel bags.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Vacuum Sealing Bags Dee Randall Cooking Equipment 6 28-01-2005 02:42 PM
Vacuum bags deMille Preserving 6 10-01-2005 03:03 AM
vacuum bags Lisa Preserving 2 10-01-2005 03:02 AM
Vacuum bag sealer P and H Macguire Cooking Equipment 9 26-07-2004 07:31 PM
Oberoi Grand Hotel's Finest tea bags Ripon Tea 5 21-01-2004 07:03 PM