bk

Default reheating ribs

Whats the best method for heating up day old ribs without drying them out?
Considering the microwave.

Reg

bk wrote:

> Whats the best method for heating up day old ribs without drying them out?
> Considering the microwave.

That can work. When I'm in a hurry I wrap in plastic wrap and microwave
them. Otherwise I reheat in foil in a medium oven.

Edwin Pawlowski

"bk" > wrote in message
> Whats the best method for heating up day old ribs without drying them out?
> Considering the microwave.

That's what I use. Medium power.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 02:32:09 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"bk" > wrote in message
>> Whats the best method for heating up day old ribs without drying them out?
>> Considering the microwave.

>That's what I use. Medium power.

Or the "Dinner Plate" setting, though I've never run anything through
a full cycle of that setting -- too hot, too long. Wave your hand over
the ribs to see if they're warm enough.

bbq

bk wrote:
> Whats the best method for heating up day old ribs without drying them out?
> Considering the microwave.

I wrap in paper towels and heat in microwave for about 2 minutes.
Depending of course on how many ribs your reheating and the power of
your microwave. When I reheat, it's usually about 4 bones worth.
The rest were gone cause they were good !!!

BBQ

cl

bk wrote:

> Whats the best method for heating up day old ribs without drying them out?
> Considering the microwave.

For some reason, microwave reheating makes grilled/smoked food taste
artificial. I prefer boiling the ribs in a vacuum bag then glazed them
in the grill.

"bk" > wrote:
> Whats the best method for heating up day old ribs without drying them
> out? Considering the microwave.

On the lowest heat setting!

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

Matthew L. Martin

bk wrote:
> Whats the best method for heating up day old ribs without drying them out?
> Considering the microwave.

If you have them sealed in a cryovac type bag, put the bag in hot water.

In a 275F oven: a TBS of water in a pan with the ribs and cover with foil.

In the microwave: wrap in plastic wrap and zap at medium until it hits
serving temp.

Those are the methods I use.

--
Matthew

"All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of
people" -- Alexander Bullock ("My Man Godfrey" 1936)

Food for Reheating Later gloria.p General Cooking 1 21-04-2010 05:14 AM
reheating ribs Dimitri General Cooking 61 05-09-2009 02:01 AM
Reheating ham Mitch General Cooking 93 07-07-2007 06:23 PM
reheating tri-tip [email protected] Barbecue 2 09-06-2005 11:49 PM
Reheating Ribs and pulled pork? AG Barbecue 5 07-02-2004 12:09 AM