DjE

Default Where to get cast iron grill grate?

I want to build a brick grill/BBQ in the back yard this summer but I am
having trouble locating a source of a cast iron grate. We have a 24" x
20" with a cutout/cover for a dutch oven and the matching cast iron
griddle up at the cabin, but I would like to build a nice on at the
house too. I am looking for a 30" long x 24" wide with the cutout/cover
and a matching griddle. Any ideas on who makes these? Would like it at
least 1/2" to 9/16" thick cast iron. Google has failed me unless I want
replacement parts for my Weber and such.

Chef

Hello,

I don't where you're from, but, if I were you I would go to a Restaurant
supply vendor such as Edward Don, Hubert, Restaurant Depot, etc... Or, go to
your local restaurant that uses an open grill and ask them who they but
through. I also recommend the following site

Aztec Grill
http://www.aztecgrill.com/

Golden Embers
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...Aus/index1.htm

BBQ Source
http://bbqsource.com/

I hope this helps you,

Chef Don

Brick

On 2-Jun-2005, DjE <"diskman_1 atyahoodotc om"> wrote:

> I want to build a brick grill/BBQ in the back yard this summer but I am
> having trouble locating a source of a cast iron grate. We have a 24" x
> 20" with a cutout/cover for a dutch oven and the matching cast iron
> griddle up at the cabin, but I would like to build a nice on at the
> house too. I am looking for a 30" long x 24" wide with the cutout/cover
> and a matching griddle. Any ideas on who makes these? Would like it at
> least 1/2" to 9/16" thick cast iron. Google has failed me unless I want
> replacement parts for my Weber and such.

Try here. Google is your friend. (Searched for "Cast Iron Doors")

http://www.vestalmfg.com/building.htm
--
The Brick® said that ( Keep the rubber on the road )

Huck

DjE wrote:
> I want to build a brick grill/BBQ in the back yard this summer but I am
> having trouble locating a source of a cast iron grate. We have a 24" x
> 20" with a cutout/cover for a dutch oven and the matching cast iron
> griddle up at the cabin, but I would like to build a nice on at the
> house too. I am looking for a 30" long x 24" wide with the cutout/cover
> and a matching griddle. Any ideas on who makes these? Would like it at
> least 1/2" to 9/16" thick cast iron. Google has failed me unless I want
> replacement parts for my Weber and such.

Try these guys they have a huge selection of different grates plus free
shipping on orders over $20.00..

http://www.clagrills.com/

cast iron grate for a weber kettle Terry Caton Barbecue 4 11-06-2008 04:42 AM
cast iron grate for a weber kettle Terry Caton Barbecue 7 18-05-2008 03:59 AM
Looking for Cast Iron Grate Supplier Jon Judson Barbecue 0 14-08-2005 08:55 PM
cast iron grate D Barbecue 9 03-06-2005 10:18 PM
Cast iron grate cleaning gizmo Mark Shaw Barbecue 7 05-02-2004 02:30 AM