Jim Mitchell

Default Help With Weber Propane Grill

I have a Gensis Silver B. The back burner wouldn't light, so I took it
apart as recommended, cleaned the burners and reassembled it. Now, the
center burner won't light (no, I didn't mix them up) and the front and
center burners go out when you put them on medium. This is driving me nuts,
because we're having a bbq tomorrow and I need it in working order. I've
tried resetting the regulator, as recommended by Weber. I don't smell any
gas leaks, but I'm just waiting for a mushroom cloud to erupt in my
backyard. Weber is now sending a new hose/valve to attach to the tank, but
I have difficulty believing that this will help. Any suggestions?

Hunibal

something like that happened to my Son-in-law's Webber

Check the rubber hose from the tank - could be pinched.

--

Cheers _ Hunibal _

"Jim Mitchell" > wrote in message
.. .
>I have a Gensis Silver B. The back burner wouldn't light, so I took it
> apart as recommended, cleaned the burners and reassembled it. Now, the
> center burner won't light (no, I didn't mix them up) and the front and
> center burners go out when you put them on medium. This is driving me
> nuts,
> because we're having a bbq tomorrow and I need it in working order. I've
> tried resetting the regulator, as recommended by Weber. I don't smell any
> gas leaks, but I'm just waiting for a mushroom cloud to erupt in my
> backyard. Weber is now sending a new hose/valve to attach to the tank,
> but
> I have difficulty believing that this will help. Any suggestions?

Hunibal

something like that happened to my Son-in-law's Webber

Check the rubber hose from the tank - could be pinched.

--

Cheers _ Hunibal _

"Jim Mitchell" > wrote in message
.. .
>I have a Gensis Silver B. The back burner wouldn't light, so I took it
> apart as recommended, cleaned the burners and reassembled it. Now, the
> center burner won't light (no, I didn't mix them up) and the front and
> center burners go out when you put them on medium. This is driving me
> nuts,
> because we're having a bbq tomorrow and I need it in working order. I've
> tried resetting the regulator, as recommended by Weber. I don't smell any
> gas leaks, but I'm just waiting for a mushroom cloud to erupt in my
> backyard. Weber is now sending a new hose/valve to attach to the tank,
> but
> I have difficulty believing that this will help. Any suggestions?

Steve S

> > I have difficulty believing that this will help. Any suggestions

Check the venturi area for insect nests.
Weber makes something called a 'spider guard' that will prevent any
infiltration.