FoodBanter.com

-   -   Fig Wood good to smoke with ? (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/57605-fig-wood-good-smoke.html)

hello 29-03-2005 11:50 PM

Fig Wood good to smoke with ?

hello,

I have a fig tree, that I trimmed up and was wondering if it will be okay to
smoke with the wood. anybody used this type of wood or have any knowledge?
thanks

Matthew L. Martin 30-03-2005 12:09 AM

hello wrote:
> hello,
>
> I have a fig tree, that I trimmed up and was wondering if it will be okay to
> smoke with the wood. anybody used this type of wood or have any knowledge?
> thanks

Absolutely not! You must send all of those trimmings to a qualified
disposal service. E-mail me for my address:-)

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?

Matthew L. Martin 30-03-2005 12:09 AM

[email protected] 30-03-2005 05:08 PM

in article , hello at
wrote on 3/29/05 2:50 PM:

> hello,
>
> I have a fig tree, that I trimmed up and was wondering if it will be okay to
> smoke with the wood. anybody used this type of wood or have any knowledge?
> thanks

I've read that it makes good smoke wood. I have a fig tree that I pruned not
long ago and I cut it up small for smoke use. I haven't used it yet but my
research indicates that it's a good smoking wood.

hello 04-04-2005 02:28 PM

thanks for all the response, one question illustrator, where do you go to
research good smoking wood options. thanks
.. .

hello 04-04-2005 02:28 PM

thanks for all the response, one question illustrator, where do you go to
research good smoking wood options. thanks
.. .

[email protected] 04-04-2005 04:34 PM

Here are some places:
http://www.barbecuewood.com/Page.bok?file=wfc.html
http://www.cbbqa.com/grilling/Woodforgrilling.html
http://www.kamado.com/cgi-bin/discus/search.cgi
The last one specifically talks about using fig wood.

in article , hello at

[email protected] 04-04-2005 04:34 PM

Here are some places:

[email protected] 04-04-2005 04:34 PM